MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-03-2002, 09:38 PM   #41
srv1
Get down.....

Exclamation so you wanna know?

What i dont understand, why would you put 600 horses on a FWD car? THAT IS RICE! regaurdless how fast it is, it is RICE!

Remember Cbring, American Muscle has been here WAY before hopped up FWD 4 cylinders. Ever hear of the "FLATHEAD FORD"? Where was your "Race car"? oh thats right, wasnt around! You RICERS got the racing/horsepower from the good ole' Americans! As for German engineering, i cant say any real bad stuff about them. It is just the ASIAN auto market. Rice term was directed toward the birthplace of the vehicle, Japan. Since Japan is part of Asia, and Asians ate alot of rice in their culture, you can put the two together and see where it came from. Since stupid people started to breed, so did the cars. They got really dumb. The first? Japanese cars. It eventually bled out to German Automobiles and American automobiles.(remember, we are talking about ricers!)

Form and function. if you cant use either one of these (example,big wing!) then why bother?

dont get me wrong, i really do like imports. i own them and modify them, but making something asz-backwards seems like ricer mentality to me. Remember, about 85% of ricers have Japanese vehicles. (from what i noticed people talking about and around my hometown)

Japanese cars can be fast either FWD, AWD and RWD. If you were raised with a parent or a family member who owned an old muscle car, a very good chance it will be carried on in the family. My pops owned a 65 Fastback 2+2 289. look what i own. see the pattern? real horsepower and cool looking cars. your generation of rice? FWD small displacement, highly overpriced aftermarket, happy meal bolt ons, garbage pail kids stickers all over the Fuggng car, HUGE wing that doesnt do anything, exhaust that DOES sound like schit, taillights that look fake 10 miles away, booming rictor scale stereos, neon bar lights under the car, disco color gauges, huge wheels, small brakes, paint-to-match interior, Chinese writing on the car even the Chinese cant understand and window tint that changes color. Huh, i wonder why Ricers get picked on? i dont understand it myself that was the 85%
Here is the 15% of non Japanese vehicles: same as above, but RWD!

now us. Nice sounding exhaust. aftermarket bolt-ons that actually work, power that you can FEEL, numbers to prove it, your dad approves the Stang/Camaro, dad telling you stories when he was a kid, "i had a 67 bla bla bla, with a big block yada yada yada..."not "i had a 1.6 with yada yada yada", we can pull the front wheels off the ground, posi-traction that works, we can peg our 140 speedos with out any power adders, stock form they are pretty fast, we can drift better, we have a better useable torque range, we can Supercharge it, Turbo it, or Juice it(notice i didnt use NAWS!), we have pickups that are faster than most of your terrrbo FWD's, weight distrubution is better, if we have a wing, we can use it for the high speed the car can actually do, horns dont sound "gay", we can add more displacement without any power adders, we have unique names for our autoparts like Rockcrusher, 3 dueces and Shaker, and last but not least, you have no idea what i just said, cause you are part of a generation of automation, not automotive. Also, don't know what "heritage" is and something the Japanese imports will never have.
FLATHEAD FOREVER!

where is the pic of your car not a Cbring? do you have any? we all would like to see it!

Now just look back at what i read and pretend you are neutral on the subject. Say your not an automotive enthusiast, just an average Joe/Jane who thinks of the automobile as just "transportation". Of the two paragraphs, which one would you laugh at? nuff said!

my next project, maybe, 88 Supra Twin Turbo or hop up my 87 TBird.

Remember, IT GOES WITH THE TERRITORY!

p.s. just to make it clear, i still like imports, even FWD ones and even modding them, just wont sink 10 grand to go 14's! you get the point....
Old 10-03-2002, 09:47 PM   #42
this is not cbring
Registered Member

i kinda had trouble following.........

were the you's directed at me specifically?
Old 10-03-2002, 10:21 PM   #43
this is not cbring
Registered Member

Default Re: so you wanna know?

Quote:
Originally posted by srv1
What i dont understand, why would you put 600 horses on a FWD car? THAT IS RICE! regaurdless how fast it is, it is RICE!

Remember Cbring, American Muscle has been here WAY before hopped up FWD 4 cylinders. Ever hear of the "FLATHEAD FORD"? Where was your "Race car"? oh thats right, wasnt around! You RICERS got the racing/horsepower from the good ole' Americans! As for German engineering, i cant say any real bad stuff about them. It is just the ASIAN auto market. Rice term was directed toward the birthplace of the vehicle, Japan. Since Japan is part of Asia, and Asians ate alot of rice in their culture, you can put the two together and see where it came from. Since stupid people started to breed, so did the cars. They got really dumb. The first? Japanese cars. It eventually bled out to German Automobiles and American automobiles.(remember, we are talking about ricers!)

Form and function. if you cant use either one of these (example,big wing!) then why bother?

dont get me wrong, i really do like imports. i own them and modify them, but making something asz-backwards seems like ricer mentality to me. Remember, about 85% of ricers have Japanese vehicles. (from what i noticed people talking about and around my hometown)

Japanese cars can be fast either FWD, AWD and RWD. If you were raised with a parent or a family member who owned an old muscle car, a very good chance it will be carried on in the family. My pops owned a 65 Fastback 2+2 289. look what i own. see the pattern? real horsepower and cool looking cars. your generation of rice? FWD small displacement, highly overpriced aftermarket, happy meal bolt ons, garbage pail kids stickers all over the Fuggng car, HUGE wing that doesnt do anything, exhaust that DOES sound like schit, taillights that look fake 10 miles away, booming rictor scale stereos, neon bar lights under the car, disco color gauges, huge wheels, small brakes, paint-to-match interior, Chinese writing on the car even the Chinese cant understand and window tint that changes color. Huh, i wonder why Ricers get picked on? i dont understand it myself that was the 85%
Here is the 15% of non Japanese vehicles: same as above, but RWD!

now us. Nice sounding exhaust. aftermarket bolt-ons that actually work, power that you can FEEL, numbers to prove it, your dad approves the Stang/Camaro, dad telling you stories when he was a kid, "i had a 67 bla bla bla, with a big block yada yada yada..."not "i had a 1.6 with yada yada yada", we can pull the front wheels off the ground, posi-traction that works, we can peg our 140 speedos with out any power adders, stock form they are pretty fast, we can drift better, we have a better useable torque range, we can Supercharge it, Turbo it, or Juice it(notice i didnt use NAWS!), we have pickups that are faster than most of your terrrbo FWD's, weight distrubution is better, if we have a wing, we can use it for the high speed the car can actually do, horns dont sound "gay", we can add more displacement without any power adders, we have unique names for our autoparts like Rockcrusher, 3 dueces and Shaker, and last but not least, you have no idea what i just said, cause you are part of a generation of automation, not automotive. Also, don't know what "heritage" is and something the Japanese imports will never have.
FLATHEAD FOREVER!

where is the pic of your car not a Cbring? do you have any? we all would like to see it!

Now just look back at what i read and pretend you are neutral on the subject. Say your not an automotive enthusiast, just an average Joe/Jane who thinks of the automobile as just "transportation". Of the two paragraphs, which one would you laugh at? nuff said!

my next project, maybe, 88 Supra Twin Turbo or hop up my 87 TBird.

Remember, IT GOES WITH THE TERRITORY!

p.s. just to make it clear, i still like imports, even FWD ones and even modding them, just wont sink 10 grand to go 14's! you get the point....
LOL.........i sorta feel a need to defend myself

1) where does this 600 horse figure come from? i've never even heard of a FWD with 600 horses

2)sounds like you got me pegged with the description....
my first car was a 1977 ford f100, followed by a 1980 camaro.........if the owner will accept my $8300 cash offer, i'll own a 1968 chevelle with a 454 tomorrow.......i've never owned a japanese car.........i'll turn 24 this month, i'm a college graduate and i work for a finance company, about once a month, i thrash through mountain roads with a group of other european car owners and then talk about stocks, investments, and the business world in general over lunch............if i'm not wearing a shirt and tie, i'm wearing khaki's and a golf shirt................if that doesn't fit your ricer stereotypes, i don't know what does

3)sink 10 grand to break 14's?..........if my car can't break 14's bone stock, it can off of free mods............

when shopping for a new car, my final choices were my gti and a mustang gt.........i got my gti for 4k cheaper than the best price i could get on a mustang gt.........my insurance quotes: gti $742/6 mos, mustang gt, $1450/6 mos........that is $1406 per year.........that is $5624 over the 4 year time frame............a combined $9600 cheaper to operate than a mustang for the first 4 years..............for $9600, i can get all the mods i listed in the about post (resulting in a car that is capable of beating a stock 02 mustang gt in straight-line and road-racing performance) and have money left over for my Roth IRA

you didn't mention useable torque, but my gti's peak torque is at 1950 rpm's
Old 10-03-2002, 10:23 PM   #44
srv1
Get down.....

Quote:
Originally posted by this is not cbring

no
Old 10-03-2002, 10:25 PM   #45
srv1
Get down.....

Default Re: Re: so you wanna know?

Quote:
LOL.........i sorta feel a need to defend myself

1) where does this 600 horse figure come from? i've never even heard of a FWD with 600 horses

2)sounds like you got me pegged with the description....
my first car was a 1977 ford f100, followed by a 1980 camaro.........if the owner will accept my $8300 cash offer, i'll own a 1968 chevelle with a 454 tomorrow.......i've never owned a japanese car.........i'll turn 24 this month, i'm a college graduate and i work for a finance company, about once a month, i thrash through mountain roads with a group of other european car owners and then talk about stocks, investments, and the business world in general over lunch............if i'm not wearing a shirt and tie, i'm wearing khaki's and a golf shirt................if that doesn't fit your ricer stereotypes, i don't know what does

3)sink 10 grand to break 14's?..........if my car can't break 14's bone stock, it can off of free mods............

when shopping for a new car, my final choices were my gti and a mustang gt.........i got my gti for 4k cheaper than the best price i could get on a mustang gt.........my insurance quotes: gti $742/6 mos, mustang gt, $1450/6 mos........that is $1406 per year.........that is $5624 over the 4 year time frame............a combined $9600 cheaper to operate than a mustang for the first 4 years..............for $9600, i can get all the mods i listed in the about post (resulting in a car that is capable of beating a stock 02 mustang gt in straight-line and road-racing performance) and have money left over for my Roth IRA

you didn't mention useable torque, but my gti's peak torque is at 1950 rpm's
again:
Quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

no
no
Old 10-03-2002, 10:28 PM   #46
srv1
Get down.....

your telling me you never seen a 600hp FWD drag car? i dont blame you if you havent.

whats all this mumbo-jumbo about prices? you pocket could have more money in it than mine, what does that have to do with a ricer?
Old 10-03-2002, 10:57 PM   #47
this is not cbring
Registered Member

i posted some money figures, because it was implied that it isn't economically pheasible to "build" an import

is there a 600 horse FWD out there? i don't follow drag cars, straight-line doesn't do a whole lot for me and isn't my primary interest performance-wise
Old 10-04-2002, 12:25 AM   #48
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

man give it up, ricers include domestic cars with the same stupid body mod's , sticker's, clear taillight's etc, i live an hour away, wanna line up against a stock gt? auto -even, i will smoke you like a cheap cigar, just ask the rice boy 3000 gt i burned 2 nights ago, he tried the fly by, tell you what, i will give you a 1 mile head start! since your peak is what 1800 rpm's, i cruise at 75mph at 2200 rpm's, LET"S ROCK!, put up or shut up. bling bling. how about it rabbit boy. case closed, pm me for my phone # lets rock. your bs is starting to get on my nerves ,STFU. go away silly wabbit.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03

Last edited by Crazy Horse GT; 10-04-2002 at 12:39 AM..
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2002, 01:01 AM   #49
KiltedBanshees93GT
Registered Member

OK, just my $.02,
Speaking as someone who appreciates performance in any guise, I would like to venture this opinion.
To me there is definatly [sp] a difference between a car that has been modified and a car that has been "riced" (sorry, but the term grew out of the reality that the majority of those doing it were import owners).
The difference is ATTITUDE. A true enthusiast is interested in the performance of their car be it on the track, at a stereo compeition, on the course, etc.
The "rice" attitude leans more toward bluster rather than the hard side of the matter (more show than go in whatever arena). It doesent matter what you drive.If you are more interested in what others think your car can do than what it can actually do, you are a ricer.
And yes, there are import enthusiasts out there who really believe in making their car perform better, and appreciate that in others, but they are lost in a background of reckless-driving, fart can owning, dual exaust on a 4 banger driving twits.
To all the v-8 gearheads out there (me included), try to cut some slack for those who are being lumped into a bad boat because of others, and to all the import owners out there who know the real score, try to teach your loud , obnoxious bretheren, foregin and domestic, what being a car enthusiast is really about.
*blinks in confusion* where did that come from?
Tho I still think starting with an extra 4 cylinders is a good idea from the performance standpoint
KiltedBanshees93GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2002, 01:08 AM   #50
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

i agree i was behind a STOCK honda today pulled up next to him & gave him a thumb's up, because it wasnt riced out & i saw his v - tech emblem's- factory , he waved at me, no prob. i respected his car.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2002, 07:30 AM   #51
this is not cbring
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Crazy Horse GT
man give it up, ricers include domestic cars with the same stupid body mod's , sticker's, clear taillight's etc, i live an hour away, wanna line up against a stock gt? auto -even, i will smoke you like a cheap cigar, just ask the rice boy 3000 gt i burned 2 nights ago, he tried the fly by, tell you what, i will give you a 1 mile head start! since your peak is what 1800 rpm's, i cruise at 75mph at 2200 rpm's, LET"S ROCK!, put up or shut up. bling bling. how about it rabbit boy. case closed, pm me for my phone # lets rock. your bs is starting to get on my nerves ,STFU. go away silly wabbit.
you didn't follow very well, did you? i never claimed that i could beat anyone......i know that a 99-up should have no problem beating me

1) you want to race to race me, why would i call you long-distance? if i get out of the office early today, i don't end up buying a 68 chevelle (which seems to be falling through for me ), and i'm in the mood to put up with the import-hating bullsh!t i get at the track on test & tune night, ima run the volkswagen at knoxville dragway for the first time tonight..........warning: i run for fun, so i don't run people who are being dicks

2) in your sig, you mention k&n and flowmasters,yet claim to be "bone stock".......how do YOU define "bone stock"???

Last edited by this is not cbring; 10-04-2002 at 07:37 AM..
this is not cbring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2002, 07:40 AM   #52
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Mufflers don't do jack for performance, only sound. And a K&N, well that depends who you talk to. You are not really doing anything different. I mean if there was a paper filter that claimed 10% more flow than a "stock" filter, and you use it, well you're still bone stock. I think stock implies that all parts are still OEM factory pieces, maintenance items not included (another example is spark plugs or spark plug wires).

Too bad you didn't go with the 02 GT. Not only would it hand a GTi it's ***** in the straight line, I bet you'd be suprised at how well it handles. You need a VERY curvey track to beat a mustang GT. I once read an article that compared an Integra Type R to a GT. They had to change the course to extremely twisty because the mustang kept winning. And most would consider the Type R a good handling car....

20016 F150 Lariat Super Crew
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2002, 07:47 AM   #53
this is not cbring
Registered Member

straight-line is great, but not enough to justify the extra expenses for me, especially when i'm buying a classic muscle car as well

i wasn't surprised at how it handles........

it handles great, but isn't nearly as nimble as the gti and is a little too bulky for the tight autocross corses around here........

plus it is easier for a novice racer like me to drive a FWD well
Old 10-04-2002, 07:53 AM   #54
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Guess it all depends on you skill, what you want to do with the car. Im my opinion the Mustang sits too high. But that's what aftermarket springs are for.

You need a lot of driving skill to keep the ***** end planted. After driving several winters, I got pretty good at it.

20016 F150 Lariat Super Crew
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2002, 07:59 AM   #55
this is not cbring
Registered Member

i agree that the mustang sits high........but it sits real nice with aftermarket springs (unfortunately in solo II, that'll put you in modified class)........

from what i've experienced and witnessed, when many who halfway know their way around a course (but is by no means a professional driver) push a rwd harder, their times go up..........but when they push a fwd harder, their times go down
Old 10-04-2002, 11:06 AM   #56
The Deuce
Registered Member

Quote:
i agree that the mustang sits high........but it sits real nice with aftermarket springs (unfortunately in solo II, that'll put you in modified class)........

from what i've experienced and witnessed, when many who halfway know their way around a course (but is by no means a professional driver) push a rwd harder, their times go up..........but when they push a fwd harder, their times go down
That's simply because they don't know how to push the RWD car harder. There is a real easy thing to do called "pushing too hard" on an FWD car the front end will push, and that is no fun. I've driven both to the limit (FWD and RWD) and I would much rather have the rwd because its easier to correct. That's also why cops go ape S**t when they are handed FWD cars.

Quote:
plus it is easier for a novice racer like me to drive a FWD well
I think that is the point I am trying to make exactly. You need to learn how to drive a RWD car to the limit. Once you do its much more fun.

Rice Haters Club Member #13
The Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2002, 11:14 AM   #57
Eric4Nitrous
Registered Member

I'll run you cbring. I won't even spray you..and i'll give you a 6 car head start..how bout it?
Eric4Nitrous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2002, 11:30 AM   #58
302 LX Eric
or '331 LX Eric'

Quote:
Originally posted by Eric4Nitrous
I'll run you cbring. I won't even spray you..and i'll give you a 6 car head start..how bout it?
Showoff!

E

331 cu. in. / Tremec 3550 / BFG Drag Radials

12.22 @ 114.31 mph - w/1.89 60'
302 LX Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2002, 11:33 AM   #59
this is not cbring
Registered Member

if any of you read grassroots motorsports, there was a very good article comparing the handling characteristics of fwd, awd, and rwd.........

all three layouts have distinctive handling advantages and disadvantages

if the front end "pushes" on a FWD, you are entering the corner too fast and/or your sway bars/shocks are setup wrong
Old 10-04-2002, 03:39 PM   #60
jj_jonathon
Trisket

Quote:
Originally posted by Eric4Nitrous
beware pintos....yikes

My 02GT vert
Media Center Pics
BBK Underdrive Pulleys | K&N FIPK (Gen II) | Bullet Grille | Mach 1 Chin Spoiler | UPR Interior Parts | XM Radio | Audiobahn Subs

Ricer Hater's Club Member #1/2 (30) http://www.ricehatersclub.com/
jj_jonathon is offline   Reply With Quote