View Single Post
Old 11-22-2001, 05:10 PM   #9
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

I decided to go that way b/c I rather have some absorbance between the hood and the car. Believe me, Im careful about what I do to my car and I personally rather carefully grind off the hood by the bumper stops rather than removing them, also considering that IMO (which is what is most important when considering my own property), it takes zero away from the hood's visual appearance (b/c most of all, you cannot see the modification when the hood is shut-- and of course it spends way more time shut than open. That is another reason I opted to go with the partial instead of full inner). I personally see nothing wrong with grinding away the hood, now or earlier, and I like it just the same. That may be hard for you to believe, but that is the best way I can explain it to you, man. If you don't like it, hey, look on the bright side, at least you don't have to drive it.

To all others reading the review, you may follow Mach 1s advice if you wish. It is another option if you'd rather not grind your hood...whichever you desire.

Thanks for your input Mach 1.
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl 'glass hood, C4 w/ Transgo shift kit, Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake; Fluidyne Al radiator, Flexalite 175 electric fan, 1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, FRPP Al driveshaft; S&W 6-point cage; 2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters, 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s; Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 275/50/15 Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials;
14 x 4” K&N X-stream air filter.

'92 GT (5-speed)
Small In Car Video
Stock 5.0L, 2-chamber Flowmasters, MAC CAI, Tri-Ax, Al pedals...

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote