MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-29-2003, 11:44 PM   #1
Mustanguy

Cool Need info on leasing a pickup

Need a pickup to help move someone and dont know anyone that has a pickup I can borrow so my next option is to lease a pickup ,was curious as to what kind of prices I'll be looking at etc from any of ya'll that have done leasing before.
Old 01-30-2003, 10:38 AM   #2
CADreamin
Registered Member

I rented a full-size Chevy pickup from U-Haul to transport some landscaping materials to and from my Mom's house. Not every U-Haul location rents pickups, so you may have to look around, especially where you're at in South Dakota. I'd imagine U-Haul locations are few and far between outside of the city.

To rent you will need to bring a valid driver license, proof of insurance if you don't want to take theirs, and a major credit card.

My price was about $120 for the weekend. This includes about $20 per day plus mileage (somewhere between 30 and 50 cents a mile - sorry but I can't recall the exact number).

If they don't have pickups available, you can rent a 17' box van from them on a local basis for about the same daily and mileage rates. They are easy to drive and you don't need a special license or anything.

Hope this helps

98 Mustang GT Coupe
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote