MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-09-2002, 11:07 PM   #1
StangFlyer
Founder

Talking MW's needs your feedback!

Everyone:

During the next month I will be doing some much needed work on MustangWorks.com. This work will include revamping many of the existing programs that run various sections, such as the User's Rides, Media Center, classifieds, and so forth. In fact, I may even redesign the entire Web site again as it seems about that time.

As such, what I am looking for is feedback from you, the site's members and readers, as to not only what new features you'd like to see within the existing sections - but, what new features you'd like to see. So, give me your feedback and ideas for the site. Now's the time to give me your wish list of what you'd like to see happen or be created on the site.
Media Center Gallery - View my member photos
StangFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2002, 11:13 PM   #2
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

I'm not really sure what I think should be added or removed, if anything. I love the site now and think it's near perfect. I believe most people think along the same lines as I do.

Redesign is always welcome. Looks of the site improve everytime you change them, so that is welcomed, of course.

But the actual content and setup of the site is great. I think it suits just about everyone's needs.

I'm sure anything you do will be an improvement upon what is already the best Mustang site on the net!

Thanks for all the hard work Dan!
6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2002, 11:22 PM   #3
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

its already good, but, about me being the vp, heheh, j/k, really i like it here, a lot of sites have little bickering flame wars, just every now & then here but, usually someone who bring's it on theirself, great job dan & all the moderator's, l8ter

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2002, 11:25 PM   #4
The Sandman
Registered Member

The only thing I can think of, is to give the forum the entire page, unlike now it still has the nav bars on the left and the logo at the top (which isn't too much of a problem).
Just my idea.
The Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2002, 11:35 PM   #5
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Quote:
Originally posted by The Sandman
The only thing I can think of, is to give the forum the entire page, unlike now it still has the nav bars on the left and the logo at the top (which isn't too much of a problem).
Just my idea.
That's a good idea, gives the people with smaller monitors more space. Before I got my 21" I had to do alot of scrolling.

We could get some more smilies, just for the fun of it!

I love it too.... You've always done such an awesome job!
Old 07-09-2002, 11:38 PM   #6
6T9PONY
All about the Windsor.

Thumbs up SMILIES!!!

Great idea Joe!!!

More smilies would be GREAT!!!!

6T9PONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2002, 11:49 PM   #7
7up
Registered Member

The site is great. The only thing I can think of that would be nice is a power adder forum like the coral has. I find myself going there to answer questions sometimes. Otherwise the site is awesome.
Ricer Hater's Club-member #16
7up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2002, 12:12 AM   #8
MidNiteBlu 5.0
I got something to say

Yes i like the idea of not having the navigator bar on everypage. I think it would be fine like only on the main pages.

More smileys would be a definite plus! And please let us use more than 3 per post

Also maybe better access to the user rides pages? I dont even know how to get to one to fill it out, but i could just be dumb

And maybe user text for everyone (type under the name) but maybe you want to keep that for those who post alot. hehe.

just my .02

Nick
1987 Toyota Pickup
Ricer Haters Club Member #33

Want a custom gauge cluster for your Vintage Mustang?
www.jmeenterprises.com
MidNiteBlu 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2002, 12:15 AM   #9
mustangII460
Factoy Five Roadster

I always liked websites to have a classified option in the msg forum. I think it makes it easy for users,, than the search thingy.

EXAMPLE:

Blue Oval ...bla bla bla bla bla.

Parts for sale: When you post your measage you put "89AOD..Tn." or "89 stang parts.. Tn."

Wanted Parts: "Tailgate 77 Bronco..Tn'"

Also how about "Members by state?" Make that a link so we can find and get together, promoting this site. Toy runs?

my .02$ cya Frank
mustangII460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2002, 02:05 AM   #10
69fastback
IRAQ VET

I too would like a classifieds section in the msg fourms. More smileis would be great espically if we could get the animaited ones. Couple more things i would like would be for the task bar so i dont always have to go back to the main section to get form the blue oval lounge to say the classic mustang section. To just be able to go straight form one forum to the other. Plus i can't spell for crap so i would like a spell check.
91 GT
69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2002, 06:55 AM   #11
gt lee

Well I have to agree I like MW the way it is. But if something was to be added I agree with the animations "smiles" they add fun to the site. Odie
Old 07-10-2002, 09:28 AM   #12
polara7777
Registered Member

Well Dan looks like you must be doing a pretty good job if all most people want are some more smilies. I can't say I have any complaints. A little updating in the design would be a welcome change. I think a classifieds section is a good idea too.

MustangII460 we can search users by state. I've used it to locate a couple users here in Columbus.
-67 Dodge Polara (383 punched 30, Heavy head work, Mopar Performance single plane intake, Holley 750, electric fuel pump, Holley regulator, .484 duration cam, FRIED bottom end!) DOH!!! Fried the #1 rod bearing. Stroker kit coming!
-01 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (Clear lenses, shaved fender, rear signals in the rear housing, baffles removed, Deals Gap dragon on the tail.)
polara7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2002, 12:02 PM   #13
Mustangbelle306
Yay for Chickys

Cuter smileys would definately be a plus, as would local forums. Even just NW, SW, SE, NE etc would make selling parts and gatherings much easier.
Mustangbelle306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2002, 01:02 PM   #14
fiveohpatrol
I'd rather be basketweaving

how about a little button next to each of the topic's heading in each forum to give an option to open the link in a new page, instead of having to 'right-click' it.

just a suggestion
Old 07-10-2002, 05:55 PM   #15
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Thumbs up

Dan, 2 things come to mind as of now:

1) A "Power Adder" section would be great

2) Please be careful about how many changes you incorporate into an already GREAT, OUTSTANDING, EXTRAORDINARY Mustang website and message forum. MANY web pages and just "owners of things" (e.g. cars, computers, computer software, etc, etc...) try to improve TOO MUCH on something that is already near perfect and try to incorporate everyone's ideas and it screws it up or makes it worse. Please keep this in consideration. It would be great if changes are kept to a minimum. We just had a major change not too long ago. I'm just worried that it will change for the worse. It's so good now, that it seems that if too many changes are made later it could only ruin it or make it worse. Honestly, I am not one who is set in old ways and deathly afraid of change, but sometimes constance is sufficient. By what you have done it the past, I will have to trust your judgement and support you and this site whichever way I can. Thanks and keep up the great work.
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl 'glass hood, C4 w/ Transgo shift kit, Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake; Fluidyne Al radiator, Flexalite 175 electric fan, 1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, FRPP Al driveshaft; S&W 6-point cage; 2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters, 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s; Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 275/50/15 Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials;
14 x 4” K&N X-stream air filter.

'92 GT (5-speed)
Small In Car Video
Stock 5.0L, 2-chamber Flowmasters, MAC CAI, Tri-Ax, Al pedals...

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2002, 07:13 PM   #16
Hethj7
Mizzou Tigers

If it ain't broke, dont' fix it!

The site is great Dan and I am sure most people agree. I love it the way it is!

A redesign may be cool, but I would still like a history of MW page that shows what the homepage has looked like through all the different designs. I can never remember what the site used to look like and am always curious....not a big deal at all though.

Once again, thanks for all your hard work! I never realized how much I enjoyed the site until I couldn't access it when the server crashed!! This is the first place I always come to for info on my Mustang .

1990 LX
GT-40 motor 262 horsepower, 307ft-lbs (sold but forever loved)

1998 Contour SVT

Rice Haters Club Member #244
Hethj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2002, 09:20 PM   #17
Hethj7
Mizzou Tigers

One more thing though. This may be in a newer version of the message board software......

It would be nice to recieve only one email stating that someone has replied to a post we are subscribed to if we haven't been back to read the thread yet. There may be multiple replies, but the email would just be sent once until we have seen the new replies. Then if more replies are posted, another email would be sent.

Man, I think I just confused myself...hope someone followed that .

1990 LX
GT-40 motor 262 horsepower, 307ft-lbs (sold but forever loved)

1998 Contour SVT

Rice Haters Club Member #244
Hethj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2002, 10:17 PM   #18
7up
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Hethj7
One more thing though. This may be in a newer version of the message board software......

It would be nice to recieve only one email stating that someone has replied to a post we are subscribed to if we haven't been back to read the thread yet. There may be multiple replies, but the email would just be sent once until we have seen the new replies. Then if more replies are posted, another email would be sent.

Man, I think I just confused myself...hope someone followed that .
Yeah, I know what your saying, and I agree that would be very nice.
Ricer Hater's Club-member #16
7up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2002, 11:41 PM   #19
srv1
Get down.....

Question just my ideas

redo the "basic" 5.0 questions and answers
no SPAM!
more smilies
add MP3's to "attach file"
keep background grey(better on the eyes and doesnt look dull compared to other sites that are whitish)
storage meter telling you how much space you have left in your mailbox
power adder section would be nice
keep "open in new window" format
make "know it alls" e.g. Unit and PKRWUD moderators!
change the MW logo, use a better horse!
get rid of chat room(does anyone use that?)
if possible, make posting pictures in the classifieds available
split "lounge" type forums into 5 parts. general, east, north, south and west.(belle)
list of all the drag strips and road coarses available to the public with phone numbers, addresses and links
have a section for "smack talk" so some of us can raise hell and somehow not piss off others.
i feel like David Letterman.....
last but not least, have the owner (Dan) post some time slips of his Death Machine. i have never seen any. is their?

Dan, the rest is great. well made site.
Old 07-11-2002, 02:21 AM   #20
PKRWUD

Default I would REALLY, REALLY like to see this added...

I would really like to see a "form" of sorts that would have to be filled out in order to post a technical question. Something like:

------------------------------------------
Year/Make/Model:

Engine:

Carb/EFI:

Ignition: (Distributor; Points/Electronic, Distributorless)

Trans:

Mileage:

Modifications:

Symptoms: (What's the problem?)

Occurs: (When does it happen?)

Test and Repair Data: (What have you done so far, parts replaced, codes pulled, etc.?)

Problem/Question:
--------------------------------------------

They could leave places blank, and still post, but at least it would encourage people to leave as much pertinent info as possible. The more they leave, the easier it is to assist them, and the better replies they will get.

Take care,
-Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote