MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 03-15-2001, 05:25 AM   #1
Skyman
I need 110mph Trap Speed!

Post Neighbors...

The guy w/ the 383 I raced the other day came over and I sold him my M/T ET streets. Anyways, his car dies and were trying to get it started again. Its pretty damn loud. And this was about 3-4pm. The next day the neighbors call. (Old people all around me) And they get my dad and say to tell his sons friends to stop making so much noise with thier loud cars. The lady said she could't sleep all night because her "ears wouldn't stop ringing." I almost laughed when my dad told me this. I would go burn out in these peoples faces if I lived here on my own, but I have to keep my dad happy. Anyways, what a pain in the *** . They have always complained about stuff. And the other old lady on the corner yelled at me the other day "Hey you! Slow the Hell down!" As I went by at about 15-20mph in 2nd gear slowly accelerating. I just wanted to flip her the bird but I didn't.

Jerks...

Skyler

------------------
-1989 Saleen Mustang #406- TFS Heads, E-303, edelbrock intake,70MM TB, 73mm MAF, off road H, 2 1/4" exhaust, and 4.10's.
332RWHP@5500
351RWTQ@3750
Runs on 87 Octane!
Skyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2001, 06:52 AM   #2
Rick 91GT
Procharged!

Aren't neighbors grand Sky....At my parents house it was like that even at a 20pmh roll they thought I was doing 50mph just because it was loud. The neighbor across the street use to complain that here China was rattling when I started my car in the morning...I aways got a good laugh out of that. Wiat till she here's the new motor when I ever get it running....hehehehehe

I am glad at the house we just bought, I can barley see my neighbors house and the guy behind me has a Pro-Street 70 Nova and that thing is loud as well. They all could care less..he promnpts me to nail it every time I see him as I'm going down the road.

------------------
My Ride Check Out My Site 91GT, Holley SysteMAX II Kit-Heads 2.02" x 1.60",Full MAC exhaust 1-5/8" Long tubes, 2-1/2" O.R H-Pipe, 2 1/2" cat back, 12" K&N Filter, RNH PERFORMANCE Ram Air, Ron Davis Radiator, Full Suspension,3:73's, Welds, Best on new motor-12.60 @ 108, no traction 1.98
Rick 91GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2001, 10:33 PM   #3
LXtra
Registered Member

Wink

my neighbor across the street stopped me when I was leaving my house and said "don't you think this is kind of loud for this time of the night?", it was 9:30. I said "no" and left. My car takes awhile to warm up, so I let it idle for five minutes or so and then leave, I dont sit there and rev the hell out of it. I thought it was funny because the next week (while my neighbor was away) his son had a huge party and raced up and down the street in his dads car. oh well, people in glass houses......!
Chris
LXtra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2001, 10:59 PM   #4
SkarodoM
Registered Member

Cool

lol

yah i have the same prollems when im at the parents house. Ppl in their neighborhood always yelling to slow down when im idling around at 15-20mph trying to be as quiet as i can. They actually used to videotape me.

They thought a single 3chamber flow was loud. Theyre LOVING the car since i got it back, 1-3/4 hooker LT's, purty mandrel catless 3" ypipe into a 4" mufflex exh. loud is an understatement.

Some of the younger guys, below 50yr old or so smile at it when i idle past them camming away. Most of the ppl however.. .they arent too fond of it.. just ignore them, and enjoy their reactions when you can.

Phil
Jerico Performance
SkarodoM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2001, 12:38 AM   #5
GONZO99TA
Registered Member

sucks that your neighbors don't apprecciate a good sounding car.
i've been lucky in the 8 years i've lived hear none of my neighbors have ever complained about noise or even the big smokey burnouts you just have to do every so often. hek some of my neighbors still slow down in front of the house to look at the car!

------------------
99 30th annv. Trans am
79 Trans am black se
GONZO99TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2001, 01:09 AM   #6
rbatson

I had a lady yell at me last week, first time I've heard anything in 8 yrs. I saw a hwy patrolman sitting in the neighborhood this week also (related??).
Those around me don't complain atall. I don't talk to most of them but they know it wouldn't do any good really. I have a deputy down the street from me and a city policeman almost across the street, we all happy(mind your own business type of thing going on). I'd have to move if I had problems like that, I'd be sure to do some nice burnouts first though.

Really though, if someone said "isn't it kinda late for that?!" I'd just have to look at them like they were stupid. Then again I'm not like most people, I really don't give a crap......
Old 03-16-2001, 01:20 AM   #7
spooledUP7
Registered Member

Don't we all wish we'll never be like those old people. It's the circle of life, and what's been around keeps going around.. Happy future. :-)
spooledUP7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2001, 01:23 AM   #8
SkarodoM
Registered Member

Cool

rbatson

Yeah.. i dont like these neighborhoods. I want to live in the middle of freakin nowhere.. all these nosy ppls bother me. Soccer moms in their 98,000lb Ford Extinctions can do ludicrous speed through my neighborhood while on the phone, yelling at kids, applying makeup and baking cookies, yet i cant even drive 10 under the posted 25mph speedlimit w/o being harassed.

usualy.. i just give em a lil rev and try to not let itget to me

Phil
Jerico Performance
SkarodoM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2001, 01:45 AM   #9
LXtra
Registered Member

Smile

my next door neighbor is 88 years old, she dosen't mind the loud exhaust, she says she puts up with it because we're good neighbors
LXtra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2001, 01:50 AM   #10
rbatson

SkarodoM, I just had to smile after reading that and seeing you're from NC. You're a good ole boy like me.

I really don't understand why people have to find a conflict, are they that bored?!?

Spooledup7, I know what your talking about. I've seen the circle and I feel the circle. I also know that 30 yrs from now(if I'm still around) I'll be doing doughnuts in the field next door or spinning the tires in the driveway.

After I got the Cobra I told my dad about how well it was balanced and the braking(you know.. filling him in). He had a few drinks and thought he could slide it in his driveway. Needless to say, I won't let him drive it if he has had anything to drink(it was cool though).

I really must say, I can't see me ever leaving the south. There is just something about southern folk... nothing like it.

That woman that yelled at me probably just moved here from up north somewhere(flame suit on!)

[This message has been edited by rbatson (edited 03-16-2001).]
Old 03-16-2001, 03:36 AM   #11
84_GT350
Registered Member

My neighbors have usually been pretty cool. A few years ago when we swapped a 302 into my older brother's '77 Maverick we ran that thing without exhaust or even headers at like 11pm for about 30 minutes. Nobody said anything. But then this fourty-something asian couple moves in across the street and suddenly they're outside yelling and shaking their fists when I pull away to school every day. Maybe they're just mad it's not a ricer. But all in all, I've had good lick with my neighbors. A few of them have even helped me out and told me how much they like the car.

------------------
1984 1/2 GT350 (#842 Hatchback w/ T-tops), 302HO, Comp cams Xtreme Energy cam, Carter 625cfm carb, Weiand Stealth intake, MSD distributor, MSD coil, FMS 9mm wires, 1 5/8" MAC unequal shorties, 2 1/2" MAC Prochamber H-pipe, Flowmaster 2 chambers, KYBs, 16"x8" 4 lug Cobra Rs, Falken 245/45ZR16s
84_GT350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2001, 04:56 AM   #12
69fastback
IRAQ VET

That sucks to have problems like that. It was cool when i was Thousand Oaks, Ca because everybody loved the car. That place is full of old muscle cars. The neighbors where also about 90 so i don't think they could here the car if i parked it in the living room. In barstow I just have people look but they never so anything so I quess they don't care.

------------------
69 428 cobra jet: tons of mods.
97 f-150 5.4 xlt mark III
BUCKLE UP. SUCK IT IN.
Objects in the mirror are about to disappear...
QUICKLY!!!!!!

69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2001, 10:11 AM   #13
LI STANG
Registered Member

But nobody yells at the nissan maxima going up the block at 50 cause its so quite.

I hate those cars.

sorry, just had to express myself.

-----------
99 gt, bassani x , magnaflows.
LI STANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2001, 10:35 AM   #14
88GT5.013.02

I have all of the same problems. I live down the street from a retired police officer. Well as it turns out his son is police officer. I came home one day to my dad saying I better cool it. He said there were reports of peeling rubber and loud enginges. That never happened, and when my dad told me about that, the old guy was outside looking and pointing at me laughing. His son was still there and I started yelling that it was bullshit and the only reason they said that is because my car was loud. I know they heard me, I don't care they can kiss my *** . I feel cops abuse their power too much. I never ran that car in the morning or late at night.

Well there is a white SN95 with Flows that runs around the neighborhood that always gets on it. Because I have a healthy sounding car everything fast in a 3 mile radius comes and does burnouts in front of my house.

At my parents house nobody ever says anything because my dad is a psycho. So they will all talk behind our backs. The funny thing is, when they need something we are the first people they come to. I have fixed everybody's car on the block I think. We also own a snow plowing business, so if we are all done and city hasn't gotten to it we plow the street and everybody's driveway apron.

------------------
88GT stock shortblock, GT-40 iron heads, Edlebrock Performer intake, 24# inj, Pro-M 75mm Bullet MAM, 3.73, hurst short throw, F-303, electric fan, alum rad, FMS HD clutch, R134a ac conversion, 70mm TB , and some other stuff I probably forgot, 13.02@106 with a 1.87 60ft
Old 03-16-2001, 12:55 PM   #15
PGkelly
Registered Member

I drive a Camry (5spd). i don't drive fast, but i drive it like i hate it ('cuz i do). so, if the speed limit is 25, i use first gear. that means 6k rpm. so i was doing this, and i see a friend of my mothers walking on the sidewalk. she sees me. i wave.

later on she calls my mother, saying she saw me "speeding". she only thinks i was speeding because i was encroaching on the rev limiter and making a very sick, loud engine noise. i explained to my mother that i was in first gear, which tops out at 27. 27!!!!!! WTF!?!?! and she thought i was speeding.....

------------------
If it ain't broke, make it go faster
PGkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2001, 01:01 PM   #16
NoSlow5.0
YOU HAVE NO MARBLES!!!!!!

Man, i feel for some of you guys! My neighbors are all cool with Marbles. One day i was putting on the new exhaust, so i fired her up with open headers and set off my neighbors alarm on his new Celica GTS. He came out, shut it off and smiled at me with a thumbs up. I actually feel bad leaving for work at 2am. i don't want to start it and wake every one up. Light Em Up!!
NoSlow5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote