MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-19-2006, 04:58 PM   #41
mustangII460
Factoy Five Roadster

Default Re: Neon:

Cupcake,

THEIR ARE NO CITY ORDINANCES ON NEON LIGHTING , IN PF OR G-BURG.

************HOWEVER************

THEY CANNOT BE OPERATED ON A TOGGLE SWITCH. HAVE TO COME ON WITH VEHICLE HEADLAMP SWITCH.

NO AUX LIGHTING ON ANY KIND OF TOGGLE SWITCH.

NO STROBE LIGHTS , PERIOD.

TENNESSE DOES HAVE A "LIGHT LAW." AS I POSTED B4. AND CAN BE VIOLATED BY ANY MISUSE OF PREVIOUS MENTIONED.

THEY ARE PAVING HWY 441, TRAFFIC TRAFFIC TRAFFIC.

YOUR WELCOME.

CALL THE PF POLICE @ (865) 453-9063 IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE ME.

SIGNED, THE TENNESSEE POLICE

O-yeah, see my picture on my car, THATS PIGEON FORGE, WHERE I LIVE.

LOL.
Old 04-25-2006, 08:02 AM   #42
CupCake
Registered Member

Thank you Frank! I had a really good time this weekend. The Rod Run was pretty cool and I got to see a lot of cool Mustangs. I didn't have any problem with my neon, police officers were driving next to me and all of that and never got a ticket or pulled over. I saw a lot of old muscle cars with neon underneath and they looked pretty neat. The good thing about mine is that you can't see the tubes at all. Only a little bit of light.

I could see that you guys were very busy this weekend. Is it like that all of the time or only because of the show?
Old 04-25-2006, 04:24 PM   #43
mustangII460
Factoy Five Roadster

Every weekend is busy. This area is a all year vacation spot now. But the Rod Runs stop traffic because of the heavy hitters that come.

Check each cities webpage for local events.

For more Hot Rod weekends its better to google search your favorite vehicle. Example, search "Ford Show Pigeon Forge" That usually brings up other clubs showing up that arn't listed in the cities website.

SUper Chevy, Ford Trucks, Mini Trucks, VW's, Mopars, SVT mustang club, shades of the past, fall rod run, etc etc etc.

If they are not in Pigeon Forge, they are close by like the fairgrounds in Sevier Count. Or even in Knoxville. Like the Corvette expo, Mothers car show and Honda Hoot.

This area is the premiere area for Hot Rods in the South East.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:25 PM   #44
DeltaMustang65
Knuckle-Basher

Sounds like bad luck.

The cops around here are very unpredictable with their ticketting habits. A few years ago I narrowly escaped a ticket for doing smoking my tires along with my friend and his 5.0. The cops seemed like a cool guy, not the young asshole type that you sometimes get. We were being careful (not only to not get caught, but not to endanger anyone), too. I think that played a big part.

Then not too long ago I got a ticket for having tint on the front windows on my '99 Taurus. The tint was hardly noticable, and MUCH lighter than the back windows. As far as I knew it was legal. It turned out to be a $10 fix it ticket, but how lame is that? I could have bought a couple gallons of gas with that. What's worse, he pulled me over next to the back of a middle school where all the soccer moms parked with their stupid SUVs that were limo tinted all the way around. No tickets on their windshields, how strange...
DeltaMustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 09:32 PM   #45
DeltaMustang65
Knuckle-Basher

Sounds like bad luck.

The cops around here are very unpredictable with their ticketting habits. A few years ago I narrowly escaped a ticket for smoking the tires on my '65 coupe along with my friend and his 5.0. The cop seemed like a cool guy, not the young asshole type that you sometimes get. We were being careful (not only to not get caught, but not to endanger anyone), too. I think that played a big part. He just happened to round a corner at a bad time, heh heh...

My first and only REAL ticket was for going 40 in a 30 zone. Honest to god I thought it was 35, and the only reason I was going 40 was to avoid an SUV that started driving erratically right next to me. The motorcycle cop wasn't having any of it, though. There was a red camaro that was pulled over, I think they were working on their musclecar quota or something, the jerks. I don't regret it though, better a $100 ticket and driving "school" than having a totalled classic.

Then not too long ago I got a ticket for having tint on the front windows on my '99 Taurus. The tint was hardly noticable, and MUCH lighter than the back windows. As far as I knew it was legal. It turned out to be a $10 fix it ticket, but how lame is that? I could have bought a couple gallons of gas with that. What's worse, he pulled me over next to the back of a middle school where all the soccer moms parked with their stupid SUVs that were limo tinted all the way around. No tickets on their windshields, how strange...
DeltaMustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 10:23 PM   #46
fast_pony
Registered Member

Neon is a personal taste thing....I personally think its been done too much, but who am I but a 47 year old fart thats building a 408 92 mustang so I can put all these Ricer driving neon, fart can, sticker wearing, imports in the pavement. Serious cubes will outdo all the turbo, nitrous, or supercharged 4 bangers they got. And probably cheaper too. Some might be close races but I'll tell you, There isn't a ricer driver out there that'll beat me off the line, or at the other end. I respect someone in a camaro a hell of a lot more than anyone who drives a ricer....As for the neons....its personal taste...I really would hate to see it on American iron though.
fast_pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 02:26 AM   #47
69fastback
IRAQ VET

wow did this turn into something i never thought it would be.
91 GT
69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 07:37 PM   #48
five0guy
work in progress

yea really fastback. but i'll tell ya what makes me sick, me and a few friends went to Myrtle Beach last year and everybody and their grandma had them dang neon lights, on them damned crothrockets and golfcarts too. oh well, must be the "cool" thing to do. I think Im one of the last 21 year olds in the world that loves purebred muscle cars. My poor ol' stangs just a plain jane, but as long as that 302 will rumble up and down the hardtop everyday and get me to work and back, ill be a happy fellar. maybe not a "cool one with neon lights", but a happy one.
five0guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 11:49 PM   #49
Mach 1
Registered Member

Actually you will be the cool one for not putting those gay things on your car. Leave the neons for las vegas where they belong.
RHC member #142
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 12:09 AM   #50
digital3.3

hmmmm never been a fan of neon myself, but to each there own i ain't telling anyone else what to do with thier cars.