MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Modular Madness
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-18-2004, 09:03 PM   #1
urstangsmoke
Addict

Default impact screw driver?

i just recieved my throttle body today. i tried to install it, except for the fact i could not get the idle air flow sensor off of the old throttle body. the instructions that came with it said that i need an "impact screw driver " to get it off, because the factory torques it down so much. am i going to have to bring it to a shop to get this done? it seems like such a waste of money because of the simplicity of this install, aside from the sensor. suggestions? everyone i have asked doesnt even know what this screw driver is
Old 04-18-2004, 09:23 PM   #2
Maroon 5.0 LX
Registered Member

You can try using a heavy duty screwdriver, holding it down in the screw head with as much pressure as possible, and hitting the screwdriver with a hammer as you turn it.

If that won't work, an impact driver only costs about $15-20, and can be used on a lot of applications.
Maroon 5.0 LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 09:32 PM   #3
xxxBlakexxx
Registered Member

I think you mean TPS (Throttle Position Sensor).

If it's a problem don't waste your time with it. Just disconnect the wires and buy a new one for $30 at Pep Boys. You will save gobs of time and you may end up buying a new one anyway. There are a number of posts on various sites from guys who apparently broke them taking them off. Only to not realize it untill they tried to start the car up and the idle is all screwed up and they spend hours more trying to figure out what they did wrong.

My Stang:
2000 Mustang GT Vert - Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter; C&L Plenum; BBK 75 mm TB; Steeda Strut Tower Supports; Black "Deep Dish" Bullet Wheels; FRPP 4.10's; Steeda Subframes; SLP Catback & SLP Catted X-Pipe; SCT 4 Position Chip with 3 custom tunes; Steeda CAI; Venom-1000 Nitrous; Roush Stage 3 Body Kit; Bullet Suspension Package (on the way)
xxxBlakexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 05:44 AM   #4
urstangsmoke
Addict

thanks for the correction and info