MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 04-24-2001, 12:40 AM   #1
BLOCKER
Registered Member

Post a new car???

okay boys and girls, don't get me wrong..
I am doing a rear disk conversion and suspension on my stang, (t-bird disks, Eibach springs tokiko shocks mac c.c. plates) just added 17x9 cobra "r"s (with 235/45/R17 rubber on them) I absoultly love my car! but... this car is slowly turning into my "only on cruise nights and nice days car" so I am thinking of bying another some what nice but more of a daily driver and I am torn these are the first cars that have come to mind

87-93 LX or GT 5.0
86-92 Camaro or fire chicken/T.A. 5.0 or 5.7
88-95 reg cab short box f150 (5.0 or 5.8)
70-80 porche (944, 914, 924, 911 what ever, hey it is a porche)
70-80 Jag

My only requirement is if it is American made it must have a V8 (okay turbo v6 or i4 are cool depending on the car) I was looking at the imports (jag Porche) just to say I owned one at one point in my life (plus they would be fun to drive)and they must have possibility of some resale value

do you guys have any suggestion

thanks

------------------
88 Stang GT Cobra
Every option but leather
10 speaker 440 watt system
Blue/Grey with grey interior
K&N air filter, black outs, & no air

BLOCKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2001, 05:27 PM   #2
dinomite
The Dude

If you want another mustang, go for it, but I think you might want another car. All convictions aside, don't get that camarobird, I never have liked GM inefficiency and the rattliness.

What will you be doing with it? Would having a truck be useful?

I don't know about 70s jags, but if they are anything like the 80s ones, you should get 2 cause you'll always be fixing one.

If you want another sports car, the porsche sounds good. I always like the simple style of the 944, it doesn't have the stupid tubes from the headlights back like 911s etc....I don't know about the other porsches.
dinomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2001, 06:36 PM   #3
Smokedawg
Tires Fear Me...

I think its always handy to have a truck.

------------------
347 Stroker Motor: Balanced, A9P Computer, Cobra Transmission, Extrude Ported and Polished Upper and ported Lower, GT40 Milled Ported and Polished Heads, B303 Cam, BBK 1 5/8 Headers, 30lb Bosch Injectors, Holley Fuel Regulator, March Underdrive Pulleys, Perma-Cool Fan, 3-Core Radiator, Accel Performance Coil, Accel 300+ Racing Wires, Ram Air, K&N Filter, 79mm Mass Air Unit, FlowMaster Exhaust w/BBK Offroad H-Pipe, Hurst Short Throw Shifter, 3:55 Gears, Ram Clutch, Cross Drilled Rotors
Smokedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2001, 11:58 PM   #4
BLOCKER
Registered Member

If I got the truck it would be used when I go camping instead of using my girlfriends car or her dads truck,

if I got either the slomarochicken or the stang I would probably use it to "drive like I stole it" and eventualy fix it up and sell it

if it was a european car I would drive it every were Trips, strips ect.....

Old 04-25-2001, 12:19 AM   #5
rbatson

Truck.. I only say that because I have 2 mustangs right now and I despairly need a TRUCK!! I'm think a $800 toyota/mazda/nissan (datsun/whatever) that runs will work, a $1500 domestic would really do the trick!

------------------
Rick
My 89lx(updated 2/21/2001)
My 97 Cobra
Old 04-26-2001, 01:10 AM   #6
84stangLX

How much money do you have, how often do you like it to break down?
If you like expensive and unreliable Jaguar is the cream of the crop, followed by the expensive Porsche (fairly reliable). You have to remember maintanence on these imports is VERY costly and repairs are insane amounts of money, if you can even find the parts. I think it's more of a sound idea to go with one of your domestic cars, but i myself would possibly buy a porsche if i had the money (hell a 1985+ 280hp+ depending on year, 5.0L porsche 928 is VERY APPEALING to me). I agree on the V8 statement too, I've owned 2 V8 vehicles (F150 with a 6.6L and now my 5.0 stang) and i have to say torquey V8's are the way to go. I'm also a fan of big straight sixes like the ford 4.9L, but they're usually lower model engines that are overbuilt and underpowered. You can't really go wrong with any of your ideas, but practicality wise it sounds like you can most use a truck. I wouldn't really look into resale value much because in my experience you never get out of a car what you put in, just buy something you like and sell it in decent condition to get your next toy. Just my worthless ideas...i'm looking for a vehicle soon too and your ideas making me think some crazy ideas about bad @ss cars. good luck man, and most of all HAVE FUN! How often do you get an excuse to go out and drive other peoples cars without worry about gas or (depending on if a salesdude comes with you) abusing it .

[This message has been edited by 84stangLX (edited 04-26-2001).]
Old 04-26-2001, 09:57 AM   #7
BLOCKER
Registered Member

I have a friend who is a salesman and when ever I want (almost) i can take out just about any car on the lot (usualy a 01 stang convertable)hehe

I was thinking import (britsh or german) to say I owned one and it would be cool to drive around for the summer in (not that I wouldn't drive my 5.0 but you know what I mean)

Like I said earlier If I did get an american V8 power car It would just be to drive the sh*t out of it and then sell it to some highschool punk who thought it was fast (hehe)

I guess I will just see what comes around and the mood and chash I got at the time

thanks