MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-24-2001, 01:15 AM   #1
CULATER
Registered Member

Talking New to Forum...

I currently have a '94 Trans Am but before you say I'm in the wrong place just hear me out. I am trying to sell my car. I would like to buy a Mustang. I am deciding between a 1990 - 1993 LX Hatchback or a 1986 SVO. Can you guys help me out with this. I don't really want a modded car and I don't want a really expensive car. What do you guys recommend? Also if anyone is in the Northern NJ area can you please help me find a car? thanx.

------------------
CULATER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2001, 02:56 AM   #2
smokedchevy
Registered Member

Smile

What's up Culater? Welcome to the site. These guys are awesome. They definately know their stuff. I'd get the LX between 1990-1992. In 93 they switched to hypereautectic pistons and they're weaker. The earlier one's had forged pistons. Get an LX with a standard tranny, you'll have a lot more fun driving it. I don't know much about the 86 SVO but I don't think it has mass air. Bottom line : 90-92 LX, manual trans, 5.0 liter mass air engine, 8.8 rear end. That's the best starting point, in my opinion of course.

------------------
92 GT, 4:10 gears, centerforce clutch, 6# powerdyne blower, bbk h-pipe, flowmasters
smokedchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2001, 08:55 PM   #3
CULATER
Registered Member

I have manual trans now and im kinda getting sick of it. I want to get auto next. I'll get a 90-92 LX 5.0. Do you know how much they go for or where i could find one? thanx.

------------------
CULATER is offline   Reply With Quote