View Single Post
Old 01-22-2001, 05:06 PM   #7
SYCLONE
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bigwhitecobra:
Having a blown car, I think I will be able to answer most of your questions. First, look at all the different SC's out there and find the one you want. I recommend a Vortech, but it may not be for you. Second, I highly recommend an aftercooler. The tempature of the boost, without a cooler, is enough to cause detonation by itself, if you don't keep it tuned properly at all times. You'll need to think about FMU's and ignition boxes. I recommend MSD's 6-BTM, it has a built in boost retard. However, I am having problems with the stock ignition blowing my MSD boxes. I am not sure what is causing it, if you are curios to find out if this something you need to worry about, call MSD like I am and find out if it is something in the stock igintion that will cause this.
Sorry for this being so long, bu this is just the begining. If you want, you can e-mail me and I'll send you some more info. This should be enough to point you in the right direction. Hope I've helped some.

Oh, and why get rid of the Cyclone, and how much you want for it?
although the syclone is a real fun truck and I have put alot of money in it I just want something to work on with more of an aftermarket backing,and that handles ,I mean for a truck it handles and brakes quite well but I'm really into canyon carving ,and I have the truck maxed out on handling, about the after cooler are they air to air, water? and price and install,I've already picked a whole bunch of mustang mags and I have a freind who is a good mechanic ,and I'm am getting pretty good myself,but the syclone is a handfull to work on becuase of the drive train, thanks ,it's good to know their will be some great guys like you out there that will even be nice to a rookie like me,I always love my vehicles and take good care of them so maintnece isn't that high of an issue,Sam
SYCLONE is offline   Reply With Quote