MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-10-2002, 05:27 PM   #1
RAINSTANG
Registered Member

Default New Mach 1

Anybody know anything about the alleged 400 HP Mac1, supposedly being released this year? Any pics?
92GT,K&N, air silencer removed, MAC equal length shorty headers,9mm FMS wires, 2 chamber Flowmasters, Hurst Billet Plus,King Cobra clutch,FMS aluminum drive shaft,FMS 3:55's, KYB struts, shocks & quads.
RAINSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2002, 07:33 PM   #2
blue00gt
Mustang Addict

There is an article about it in Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords from sometime in the last few months. They claim it will have a 32V 4.6 tuned to about 300hp, but with slightly more torque than the Cobra motor and a solid axle in the rear. They said that the Cobra will continue to be the horsepower king of the Mustang lineup except for certain special vehicles (Terminator?). It's also supposed to have a functional shaker ram-air hood with the center part painted flat black with pinstripes.
blue00gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2002, 07:39 PM   #3
Tod
Registered Member

niiiice

either way, sounds like it'll be fun to be a Ford lover over the next while.

while on the topic of really fast Mustangs, when is the next Cobra R going to re-emerge again?
Old 01-10-2002, 07:58 PM   #4
Unit 5302
Registered Member

From my understanding the Mach 1 is going to be very similar to the GT. Ford is appearently doing a series of tribute cars, and the Mach 1 is the next after the Bullitt. Slight changes under the hood, graphics packages, maybe a rear end change.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2002, 08:36 PM   #5
rbatson

Its my understanding that the Mach is going to have a 'detuned' DOHC.

That Terminator has me really excited! They are only making a few thousand from what I heard. The only thing they said was over 400hp from the s/c'd DOHC, i'm thinking it would be closer to 450. I've seriously thought about parting out my mustang and taking it back to close-to-stock and selling the whole works and ordering a Terminator... I don't know what to do. Over 400hp and no tuning?!?! A warranty to boot?!?! If its between $35-40k then I just may be in line for one.. they should be able to make it for around $35k, I would think.(Hmmm.. wonder if they will make a vert... black with black top?? Hmmm..)

Its GOT to has forged pistons to have a blower on it, I hope they make one without leather interior(I hate leather in a car).
Old 01-10-2002, 08:40 PM   #6
ghostfacedriver
Registered Member

Default when is the terminator supposed to come out

Any heard anything about when the terminator is supposed to come out. I'm hoping soon. Do you guys think it will be difficult to get one since they are only making a few thousand?
ghostfacedriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2002, 08:57 PM   #7
rbatson

I'm thinking it should be available by Nov., the earliest. Maybe next March but for some reason I want to say November(don't know if I read it or what..).

I actually talked with my Dad about this car and he said DO IT, actually he said "Put your order in NOW!!" He said part out the 89 and sell everything and order one now! I talked with my ex-girlfriend about it and she said the same thing. This is going to be an awesome car and I'm sure they will sell fast! If I knew for sure they were doing it... I guess i'd have to make arrangements, I'd like to have the 2nd one off the line(I've heard they always keep the first).

It will be hard to sell the 89 though, I've had it since I was 22. I really don't know if I could sell it. I know I could sell it quick, many people I know want it and said to "let me know if you ever wanna sell it". I just don't know if I can, in my heart. I could have one heck of a down payment on that Terminator though..
Old 01-11-2002, 12:27 AM   #8
Unit 5302
Registered Member

I stand corrected, looks like it will be a DOHC, but with a solid rear axle instead of the IRS on the Cobra. As far as the Terminator, I'll believe it when I see it on the lots. Looking at the latter history of Ford, they don't have the balls to build it. If they do, it will be ultra limited production like the R.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2002, 12:59 AM   #9
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

I am absolutely in love with the new Mach 1 concept car. As soon as the word gets out that its a go for production, I'm trading in my 2000 GT, and ordering a Mach 1...Has to be Red though. I'd prefer Perfromance Red, the new hues of red just dont have the intensity that Perfromance Red has.

Well, if theres no decent shade red, guess I'll have to go with Screaming Yellow! I like to be subtle.

If it actually makes production, I hope they keep the 300 Hp, 4 valve 4.6., and the Ram Air. I could care less about the interior do-dads.

2000 Perf Red Mustang GT. 5spd. Stage 2 CNC heads with Large Valves, Comp Cams (270-274 dur .550 lift), Forged Crank, DRP pistons, Manly H-beams, Pro M 87 mm Mass Air, 24lb Inj, 75mm TB, Plenum Spacer ,Long Tube Headers, Homemade H-pipe, 2 chamber Flows, 4:10's, Steeda Tri-Ax, LKW 70/30's, Eibach Drag Springs, Steeda SubFrames, Battle Boxes, Rear Girdle, Adj uppers, Alunimum Drshft, Southside Lift Bars.

Project Cars, 64 1/2 6cyl coupe, 1930 Model A Nostalgia Rod.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote