MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Windsor Power
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-29-2002, 08:02 PM   #1
Agent_4573
Registered Member

Default Next mod?

Okay, so eventually I will be getting this C&L mass air in w/ the 65mm throttle body and the nitrous. I have a little money left over and before i go back to school in september I was looking into one more mod. Now my question is which one would give me better power right now. These are my options before i go back to school:

1. I could either get a new b303 cam for 75 bucks but I'm not sure if it will work with my car. I'm 99% sure it will.

2. I can put in some 1.62 ratio rocker arms and wait on the cam til i build up the 351 next year.

I need to keep this car completely streetable as it is my primary mode of transportation. Also if someone knows the specs of the b303 off hand could you post em up here. I appreciate the help guys and thanks.
'89 LX 5.0, off-road h pipe, flowmaster muffs, underdrive pulleys, rebuilt WC T-5, King Cobra Clutch, 65mm throttle body, Explorer Upper/GT40 lower, Lakewood Rear Lift Bars. 76mm C&L Mass air w/ inlet pipe, Twisted wedge heads w/ stage 2 port,polish, MAC equal length shorties, Billet AFPR, 255LPH fuel pump, fresh low end w/ 10.5:1 compression.

If anyone ever wants to go to Raceway Park in Englishtown New Jersey, give me a shout.

RICER HATERS CLUB MEMBER 87!
www.ricehatersclub.com
Agent_4573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2002, 08:08 PM   #2
jason 95gts
Registered Member

b303 cam specs 224/ 224 .480/.480 not the best cam its an old grind, comp cams, and lunati much better.
jason 95gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2002, 08:11 PM   #3
jason 95gts
Registered Member

Save your money keep the stock cam. Look at the real street racers they are making some serious power with stockcams, low 10 sec et's not bad with a stock bumpstick.
jason 95gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2002, 11:23 PM   #4
Agent_4573
Registered Member

Right, forgot about option 3. I could also get a set of of upper/lower control arms/traction bars for the rear end to help stop the wheel spin.
'89 LX 5.0, off-road h pipe, flowmaster muffs, underdrive pulleys, rebuilt WC T-5, King Cobra Clutch, 65mm throttle body, Explorer Upper/GT40 lower, Lakewood Rear Lift Bars. 76mm C&L Mass air w/ inlet pipe, Twisted wedge heads w/ stage 2 port,polish, MAC equal length shorties, Billet AFPR, 255LPH fuel pump, fresh low end w/ 10.5:1 compression.

If anyone ever wants to go to Raceway Park in Englishtown New Jersey, give me a shout.

RICER HATERS CLUB MEMBER 87!
www.ricehatersclub.com
Agent_4573 is offline   Reply With Quote