MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-06-2004, 03:27 PM   #1
65,dohc,project
Registered Member

Default K Member

The Story began last christmass. I was making a left turn to go to my mothers house, when an 80 year old lady ran a stop sign, cut in front of me, and shortend the nose of my 65 by 4 inches. Here is the bad part. It was original. Everything matched, it was factory stock, save a little rewiring for extra light inside. Yes she needed some work, new paint, some interior work, and she ran for a little while afterward. But the accident nocked something loose on the crank, and well you guys can imagine. So now a I had my original, I still ove her to death, but I want something different now. My plans are to do a mix of resto-mod, and Drag Race. I have my engine all planned out. 5.0,Throttle Body, DOHC, Stroked, Supercharged [10 psi for starters) hopefully a twin screw but I don't think it will fit with DOHC and still stay under the hood]. Anyway, my problem is that the factory k member is too small for decent exhaust system. One of my freinds advised on cutting out some of the K member (he's not too smart), I am wanting to replace it with something that will allow not only my new engine to fit if, but allow for newer suspension, a 1 inch drop, and disk brakes, and be able to handle something allong the line of 800 H.P.. Dose anybody know where I can get a new performance K Member.
65,dohc,project is offline   Reply With Quote