MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 08-27-2001, 02:32 PM   #1
Hethj7
Mizzou Tigers

Post New Missouri tint law

This Tuesday a new law goes into effect here. We can tint all windows except the front windshield to 35%. Now this is nice, but there was no grandfather clause in the law, so my 5% tint on the back hatch now becomes illegal. I would love to tint my side windows to 35% now, but don't want to change the 5% stuff on the back windows. For those in Missouri, the article is on www.kcstar.com
Hethj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2001, 04:08 PM   #2
Coupe Devil

Hey man do you know what they are doing to "out of state" cars. I travel through Missouri alot and I dont want to get yanked for illegal tint out of state. I have illegal tint for ky to but no problems yet. It isnt to dark to see through , 20% all around.

------------------
'93 lx notch 4 banger (drive it to work currently), 89' 4banger in prep for all out drag car. Using the 306, 8.8 posi, 4.10's, summit rear cover. Future Mods granatelli lift bars, bbk uppers, Flex-a-lite elec. fan, cowl hood, wieand stealth intake, holley 650 d.p., built c-4 or c-6, e-303, 10 inch wheels in the back with slicks, skinnies up front, pulleys, full autometer guages, msd box, mallory unilite dist, and coil, custom headers, rear seat delete, aftermarket front seats, roll cage
Coupe Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2001, 06:07 PM   #3
Hethj7
Mizzou Tigers

I don't think they can do anything to out of staters. You guys are governed by your state laws, not ours. I know Kansas has been able to tint their front widnows for years, and Kansas drivers are all over Missouri. I doubt any cop here would know Kentucky laws, and even if they did, they are probably out of jurisdiction to write you a ticket for illegal tint. I wouldn't worry.
Hethj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2001, 08:27 PM   #4
Five0
Registered Member

I tint windows for a living and there is not any state that allows you to tint your whole front windshield but you can put a strip on the top of the windshield (usually about 4 to 6 inches or to the as1 mark on the windshield.

I have my whole front window tinted but it is illegal and if I get pulled they can give me a 42-dollar ticket (big deal unless you get pulled over every day and ticketed for tint).

I have a list of all the laws for every state at work.

I am not positive but I don't think they can give you a ticket if you are just visiting another state as long as you are legal in your own state.

------------------
James Cox
nochevy@hotmail.com
1991 Mustang LX
12.565 @109.38mph 1.764 60ft
Five0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2001, 08:14 AM   #5
Kevin Price
Registered Member

I think Kansas is 35% as they are really cracking down on illegal window tinting. I had mine tinted recently in Oklahoma. Believe they went with 35%, have to check.

------------------
SVO siamesed 351 stroked to 417ci,Yates heads, solid roller,Trans King glide and a little blue bottle
of giggle gas. My Car
Kevin Price is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2001, 10:07 AM   #6
Maroon 5.0 LX
Registered Member

I heard last year that many Maryland State Troopers are carrying light meters with them to check the density of the tint. They are ticketing ANY car with illegal tint as per MD law, including out-of-state vehicles.

------------------
'89 LX 5.0 - 5 speed. Original Owner
'94 E-150 4.9 Conversion Van
Maroon 5.0 LX is offline   Reply With Quote