View Single Post
Old 08-15-2001, 06:34 PM   #7
StangFlyer
Founder

Lightbulb

Well, I totally changed my diet. In 1998 I weighed 145 lbs when I moved to the Detroit area. Over the next three years while doing my job and running my own business, where of course I sit in front of a computer all the time, I: 1] Didn't do crap and 2] developed a 12 can of coca-cola a day drinking habit. Now, since there are 120 calories in a can of pop, not to mention all that sugar, I was drinking like 2000 calories a day in just pop, not to mention food on top of it. I don't drink coffee, so that became my caffine source. Needless to say, in three years I ended up going from 145 and a 28 regular waist to 210 lbs and a 36 loose waist. I was getting &%($*&%$ big.

So, I finally realized it, as it just seems to creap up on you and I decided to do something about it. Therefore, I immediately stopped drinking pop. In one month through that alone I lost 10 lbs. Then, I changed my entire diet. I stopped eating out all the time and I mostly ate at home. Stuff low in carbs and high in protien (lean meats, chicken, noodles, rice). If I did go out and get something I'd get like Arby's, not some junk like McDonalds. Then, I also would not get a combo, I'd just order an Arby's sandwich and then bring it home to eat it with water. And, speaking of water, I started drinking TONS of it. Like a gallon a day.

So, I eliminated my calorie source (pop), I changed my diet, and I ate less. In addition, I also took one metabolife diet pill, three times a day, every four hours, one hour before I ate, each day religiously (I had tried two at a time first, but that was too much for me). I took that for three months, by which time I had lost ~40 lbs. After that, I've still kept loosing, but at a slower pace. I've also laxed up some on my diet and I now drink some pop, but NOTHING like I used to (maybe one here and there, or if I eat out). Since then I've lost another 8 lbs.

I'm now 165 and wearing 34 regulars, but those are now loose too and the belt I bought after loosing 40 lbs is now on the last hole already! I might have to go buy some 32 pants soon it's looking like.

Here's somewhat of a comparison. The picture on the left was taken about a month and a half ago at the most. Although, I have lost another 8 lbs since then. On the right is a picture taken of me at the CyberBrawl event last summer. I wasn't 210, but at that point about 200 probably.

Now I just need to make up my mind on whether to shave my beard too! hahahaha

------------------
Dan McClain, Editor
The Mustang Works Magazine
1991 Mustang GT - NOVI Supercharged 377 Stroker
1999 Ford Lightning SVT - 2000 Prototype updated by Roush

[This message has been edited by Dan McClain (edited 08-15-2001).]
StangFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote