MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-30-2002, 08:21 AM   #1
chuck88
Registered Member

Talking Nfl!!!

WOW what a weekend for football. NY JETS are playing in January!! The NE Patriots game very exciting and then the Jets blow away the Packers (Sorry Green Bay). I thought all was lost when NE was trailing but they pulled out a win and the entire JET'S Stadium went nuts! Next week the colts good luck to the jets!

What are your favorite teams and how are they doing this year?

Chuck 88GT

Wife, 2 kids, busy job, "fixer upper" house, and I still have time for the Mustang!!!

I Love my kids!!!
chuck88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 09:24 AM   #2
302 LX Eric
or '331 LX Eric'

Default Re: Nfl!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by chuck88
What are your favorite teams and how are they doing this year?
I've been a Bengals fan since I was little. Let's put it this way, I'm still clinging to the Icky Suffle, the pile of rubble that was Riverfront Stadium, and the Kenny Anderson to Chris Collinsworth combo. It's really that bad down there in Cincy.

E

331 cu. in. / Tremec 3550 / BFG Drag Radials

12.22 @ 114.31 mph - w/1.89 60'
302 LX Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 01:35 PM   #3
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

I like the Cowboys and the Raiders. The Cowboys suck as we all know but, I think my Raiders have a good shot of winning it all.

The Jets are a real sleeper.....They are playing well and could pull off some upsets.

Most dissapointing teams for me were the Dolphins and the Saints they both should of been in the playoffs but just didnt have the heart to pull it out.

The playoffs should be very entertaining, Cant wait.
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 02:18 PM   #4
CADreamin
Registered Member

Go Steelers!

98 Mustang GT Coupe
CADreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 03:30 PM   #5
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by CADreamin
Go Steelers!
I cant bare to watch the Steelers knowing that maddux is making $500,000.00 per year and Kordell Stewart is making $6,000,000.00 per year riding the bench. For that much money I would make Kordell return kicks and play wide receiver. He damn sure wouldnt be on the side line holding a clipboard.
Old 12-30-2002, 04:00 PM   #6
CADreamin
Registered Member

That's alright...from what I hear, Kordell will be in Arizona or Carolina next year. We're not looking to have him stay, and I don't think he wants to be here. We'll take a bit of a salary cap hit I'm sure on this one - that's what you get for signing a huge contract with a guy based on one good year, I guess.

That said, look for Maddox to want to negotiate a bigger deal for next year a la Kurt Warner...

98 Mustang GT Coupe
Old 12-30-2002, 04:06 PM   #7
CADreamin
Registered Member

On second thought...Kordell can make himself useful by slinging beers to me and my buddies in the parking lot when we meet the hated Browns this Sunday...I better be sure I'm wearing a Cleveland jersey if I actually want to catch one though.

98 Mustang GT Coupe
Old 12-30-2002, 04:21 PM   #8
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by CADreamin
On second thought...Kordell can make himself useful by slinging beers to me and my buddies in the parking lot when we meet the hated Browns this Sunday...I better be sure I'm wearing a Cleveland jersey if I actually want to catch one though.
Lol, thats a good one I was surprised that the Browns even made it. The Steelers should be able to score an easy win if Maddox doesnt choke. Send Kordell over to the Cowboys we will take him he is better than what we got.

Emmit for Kordell straight up what do ya say.
Old 12-30-2002, 04:27 PM   #9
CADreamin
Registered Member

I'd take that deal as I long to return to the days when our running game was the bread and butter (though our receiving corps has improved nicely in recent years). I think Emmitt's got something left in him...a little anyway...

But then if I knew what I was talking about I'd be a football GM and driving a decidedly un-stock GT...

Later!

98 Mustang GT Coupe
Old 12-30-2002, 05:16 PM   #10
69fastback
IRAQ VET

Raiders- It has been too damn long since our last super bowl. I can still remember marcus allen running all over the Redskins I was only 9 then. Been 19 years I sure as hell don't want to see them go 20 or even more. I think they will win as long as they play up to their potential. They do that and no one can beat them.

Also I think Stewart is a horrible QB. I have never seen anyone get so many chances and still be in the NFL. The sucks every year. Had one good year his whole carrer. The rest of the time he hasnt even played avrage he has just plained sucked. Steelers should have gotten ride of them long ago they would have won alot more games. I would really like to know the reason behind giving that scrub so many chances
91 GT
69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 06:40 PM   #11
Janeofalltrades

Default Amen Brother!

69fastback wrote" Raiders- It has been too damn long since our last super bowl. I can still remember marcus allen running all over the Redskins I was only 9 then. Been 19 years I sure as hell don't want to see them go 20 or even more. I think they will win as long as they play up to their potential. They do that and no one can beat them."..

Amen Man!....Raider nation has home field advantage. No team wants to come up against our crazy fans, in the playoff, 1st in division with Bye and the Home field advantage...Ohhh life is Sweet!....

Go Gannon! Good to have a throwing game again too! Not all running and Defense...LOL....

Pray we don't fall apart now!....

~Jenn~
Old 12-30-2002, 10:55 PM   #12
induction
The Brit!

SO uh who in playing in the Rose Bowl game ???
April Mare of the Month RiceHatersClub Member #27
induction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 11:45 PM   #13
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

Being from Indiana I have to go with the Colts. I am not a big NFL fan, but I do watch when I can. I just wish the Colts could play more consistently. Manning doesn't seem to be the same player he was when he started with the Colts, and I think they need to bench Edgerrin James and put James Mungro in the game instead. He seems to fire the team up more than Edgerrin right now. But the coaching staff is being all political about it. BLAH!

One of the Colt's Cheerleaders...

Makes ya wish you were Santa doesn't it
Project: 1988 Coupe - EFI 5.8L Twin Turbo with Victor intake, Canfield heads, F303 cam, March aluminum underdrive pulleys, TKO (or T56 if funds permit), PBR twin piston calipers and 13" rotors up front, 94 Cobra rear calipers and 12" rotors on the rear, 3.73's, Griggs K-member, tubular front control arms, torque arm and panhard bar, polished 99 Cobra wheels.

"The GR-40 kit installation is now complete, and the humble Fox-chassis car will now out-corner and out-stop a ZR-1 or a Viper, and support massive horsepower additions with perfect balance."
Griggs Racing

ICQ# 42269241

Last edited by 2FastLX; 12-30-2002 at 11:51 PM..
2FastLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2002, 09:27 AM   #14
Janeofalltrades

Default What is he looking at then?

2FastLX,

Santa looks like he is longing for the concession stand dude and a beer than being jazzed over the cheerleader. Poor thing, must have been a naughty girl..

LOL......

~Jenn~
Old 12-31-2002, 10:04 AM   #15
MissBlondie
Registered Member

Ummm GOOOOOOOOOOOO BEAAAAAAAAARS

Old 12-31-2002, 01:05 PM   #16
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

I'll bet his wife is actually glaring at him from the sidelines. This probably wasn't supposed to be part of the show
Project: 1988 Coupe - EFI 5.8L Twin Turbo with Victor intake, Canfield heads, F303 cam, March aluminum underdrive pulleys, TKO (or T56 if funds permit), PBR twin piston calipers and 13" rotors up front, 94 Cobra rear calipers and 12" rotors on the rear, 3.73's, Griggs K-member, tubular front control arms, torque arm and panhard bar, polished 99 Cobra wheels.

"The GR-40 kit installation is now complete, and the humble Fox-chassis car will now out-corner and out-stop a ZR-1 or a Viper, and support massive horsepower additions with perfect balance."
Griggs Racing

ICQ# 42269241
2FastLX is offline   Reply With Quote