MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-29-2002, 10:04 PM   #21
elliotness
Registered Member

2-0
That Blows. I don't even want to watch.
elliotness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2002, 10:13 PM   #22
7up
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by elliotness
I must say that I appreciate the Bruncos 7up. I think they have a sound foundation and a great coach. I hate them, but I repect what they have done.

I am stoked that the most hated, dirty, nasty, player the Broncos have had in recent memory is now a RAIDAH...

ROMANOWSK I!!!!!

I can't wait.....

Till then I have to get back to the game. How are the Ave doing, hope they take it on the chin.

GO RAIDAH's go WINGS
That's cool your man enough to admit you respect the Broncos. I don't think I'm quite man enough to say the same about the Raiders.

Shanahan is a freakin genius, I love that guy. He also has a passion for hating the Raiders. I am glad the Raiders lost Gruden I really hated that guy.

The Radiers can have Romanowski, he didn't do anything last year, except get himself and his wife indicted(spelling?) for buying prescription drugs illegally. He's getting old and has lost a few steps. He will fit in with the Raiders perfectly.
Ricer Hater's Club-member #16
7up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2002, 10:15 PM   #23
7up
Registered Member

3-0, just like last year when it was 5-1 in game 7
Old 04-29-2002, 10:26 PM   #24
elliotness
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 7up

That's cool your man enough to admit you respect the Broncos. I don't think I'm quite man enough to say the same about the Raiders.

Shanahan is a freakin genius, I love that guy. He also has a passion for hating the Raiders. I am glad the Raiders lost Gruden I really hated that guy.

The Radiers can have Romanowski, he didn't do anything last year, except get himself and his wife indicted(spelling?) for buying prescription drugs illegally. He's getting old and has lost a few steps. He will fit in with the Raiders perfectly.
COOL, I remember last year everyone laughed when the Raiders picked up J Rice. Too old/past his prime/can't play/add your own slam here. Turned out OK for the Silver and Black. Romanowski has lost a step. However he is a character and he is nasty. You will hate him by the end of he season like I did since he left the bay area.

BTW what was Shanahan (Pat Bowlen) thinking by drafting another running back early in the draft. The guy might turn out to be a great back but don't they already have three average - great backs. I think the writing is on the wall for one of the veteran Denver RB's.

LATE
Old 04-29-2002, 10:43 PM   #25
7up
Registered Member

I guess you can never have too many great running backs. Although I don'y think Mike Anderson is a great running back. IMHO, His success his first year was attributed to the offensive line, last year he did not do well. Davis hasn't proven he can stay healthy the last three years and Gary broke his leg last year.

I just hope Griese can prove to be a good quarterback. So far he hasn't been a leader and he has choked in big game situations.
Old 04-29-2002, 10:59 PM   #26
elliotness
Registered Member

I don't think you should be concerned about Griese. He has had problems staying healthy. He has taken alot of punishment. I think that is Denver's problem. They have allowed their offensive line to deteriorate (sp.). I think must teams could live with the RB's that they have even when you consider the injuries (Davis, Gary and Anderson). What is puzzling to me is that many teams approached the Broncos about acquiring Anderson and the Broncos would not budge. It seemed that they would keep their existing platoon of RB's. Then they take Portis

Why?

I think they will release one of the backs that they have. Which again seems sensless. Why didn't they trade one of the backs when everyone was interested?

I'm sure there is a plan. It just doesn't seem like they have done what they needed to do to get back to being dominant like they were a few years back.

Not to mention that they have only one CB, and he is overrated.
Old 04-29-2002, 11:12 PM   #27
7up
Registered Member

Yeah, it seemed pretty stupid not to trade one of their backs last year. Especially when they only had one good receiver in Rod Smith after McCaffrey broke his leg.

Defense has always been a serious question with the Broncos since the Orange Crush back in the seventies. Itwould be nice if they could have a mediocre secondary instead of a horrible one.

By the way, Av's 4, Kings 0.
Old 04-30-2002, 12:23 AM   #28
elliotness
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 7up
Yeah, it seemed pretty stupid not to trade one of their backs last year. Especially when they only had one good receiver in Rod Smith after McCaffrey broke his leg.

Defense has always been a serious question with the Broncos since the Orange Crush back in the seventies. Itwould be nice if they could have a mediocre secondary instead of a horrible one.

By the way, Av's 4, Kings 0.
LELIE is supossed to be great, I'm sure he'll be a raider killer. Easy ED is a monster and Smith is one of the best in the league.

BTW

Av's LA LA LA LA LA LA LA I can't hear you, LA LA LA LA huh, what did you say.

LATE
Old 04-30-2002, 07:45 AM   #29
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

Default Re: Crazy Horse is brilliant....

Quote:
Originally posted by elliotness
Anyone who likes the Red Wings and the Raiders must be brilliant. After all, I too love those two teams. Crazy Horse, my pops played for the Silver and Black in the 60's that brings me even closer to that team.

Got to luv dem RAIDAHS>>>>>Go wings...... Go Kings...
too cool, hey can you get me your dad's autograph? i have some nascar autograph's but no raidah's, that's when i started liking da raidah's in the late 60's & the red wing's too, thank's

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2002, 10:40 AM   #30
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

well 7-up your boy's snapped it off, even though i hate them but my boy's gotta face the greatly improved blue's- i hate them too btw, & your boy's gotta face the shark's, nothing is going to be easy for either of our team's, im glad the hab's beat boston wooo hooo, dont flame me but driving home this morning, i listen to lex & terry a radio show out of jacksonville fla, they hate the wing's they are hardcore star's fan's but, they also hate roy, they were calling him ru-roy i almost wrecked i was lmao, you gotta admit it's funny , hey i suffered through all the ozzie jokes, but the isles have to put up with the ozzie jokes now heheh, l8ter

R H C- member # 1
Old 04-30-2002, 12:01 PM   #31
Mach 1
Registered Member

Lex and terry dont hate the Wings, just Terry. He hates them because of thier money and that they bought everybody in the game.

At least thats what they said two days ago. Lex is a true hockey fan, Terry is just a wannbe. I listen to them a lot...anyway...later
RHC member #142
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2002, 12:11 PM   #32
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

hey mach1 yeah they hate the wing's, yes terry more than lex, those two are funny as h--- they come up with some funny stuff, as well as some sad true to life stuff, i really like them, cya.oh btw they dont like roy either.

R H C- member # 1
Old 04-30-2002, 01:33 PM   #33
7up
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by crazy horse gt
well 7-up your boy's snapped it off, even though i hate them but my boy's gotta face the greatly improved blue's- i hate them too btw, & your boy's gotta face the shark's, nothing is going to be easy for either of our team's, im glad the hab's beat boston wooo hooo, dont flame me but driving home this morning, i listen to lex & terry a radio show out of jacksonville fla, they hate the wing's they are hardcore star's fan's but, they also hate roy, they were calling him ru-roy i almost wrecked i was lmao, you gotta admit it's funny , hey i suffered through all the ozzie jokes, but the isles have to put up with the ozzie jokes now heheh, l8ter
Yeah they did pull it off and I was very happy last night. Your right Nothing is going to be easy. San Jose had the same amount of points as the Av's this year, the Av's had one more win so they got the second seed. St. Louis was only one point behind in the standings. It is amazing how close things were this year, besides the red Wings.

Not many people seem to like Roy do they? Oh well, when he's on your team you love him.
Old 04-30-2002, 03:18 PM   #34
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

i guess your right about roy, but im saying that the cane's have got that huge goalie week's, man he impressed me in the game against the devil's, that guy was stopping shot's he couldnt even see, & theodore or whatever his name is[ i probably misspelled it ]
for the hab's has been awesome, hey they snapped off boston - # 1 seed even after the dirty hit on zednick, imo this years playoff's have been the best in a long time, if the wing's lose, im going with montreal, even though, i am not that much of a eastern div fan, good luck, i hope our boy's meet for the western final's, l8ter wayne campbell voice[ game on].

R H C- member # 1
Old 04-30-2002, 03:21 PM   #35
MTU 50
GOT TORQUE ????

Quote:
Originally posted by 7up

Not many people seem to like Roy do they? Oh well, when he's on your team you love him.
I know what your saying, but I wouldn't even want him on my team. That may sound dumb, but its a matter of principle.
190 LPH fuel pump, 3-row radiator,
Maximum Motorsports full length subframes

2002 Oldsmobile Bravada(wife's car)
2005 Ford Taurus SEL (company ride)

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS !!!!
MTU 50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2002, 03:31 PM   #36
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

mtu50, i back that azz , i almost crashed my car when 2 star's fan's were calling him ru roy, l8ter.

R H C- member # 1
Old 05-01-2002, 01:05 PM   #37
MTU 50
GOT TORQUE ????

Post A Hockey Story

My friend sent me this and I thought it would be relevant to this subject.

Two boys are playing hockey on a pond in a Denver suburb,
when one is viciously attacked by a Rottweiler. Thinking
quickly, the other boy takes his hockey stick, wedges it
down into the dog's collar and twists, immobilizing,
stunning and rendering the dog unconscious.

A reporter who was passing by sees the incident and rushes
over to interview the boy.

He starts writing in his notebook, "Young Avalanche Fan
Saves Friend From Brutal Dog Attack."

"But I'm not an Avalanche fan," the little hero said.

The reporter replied, "Sorry but since we are in Denver, I
just assumed you were".

He starts over ... "Little Bronco Fan Rescues Friend From
Horrific Attack."

The boy stopped him again saying, "I'm not a Bronco fan,
either".

"Well," said the reporter, "I assumed everyone in Denver was
either for the Avalanche or the Broncos." "What team DO you
root for?"

The boy replies, "I'm a Red Wings fan".

The reporter starts a new sheet in his notebook: "Little
Bastard From Detroit Kills Beloved Family Pet"

hehehe

Old 05-01-2002, 01:54 PM   #38
7up
Registered Member

lmao, that's great. I can't stop laughing. It's funny, because it's true. Stupid Red Wings.

How come the Av's and Sharks play tonight only two days after the Av's beat LA and every other series doesn't start until Thursday at the earliest?
Old 05-01-2002, 02:05 PM   #39
MTU 50
GOT TORQUE ????

Quote:
Originally posted by 7up
lmao, that's great. I can't stop laughing. It's funny, because it's true. Stupid Red Wings.
Actually. Stupid Reporter for sensationalizing and causing trouble. But it doesn't matter anyway, because it was a fictional story.

I have a feeling this story mirrors what happens in real life though. Without opening wounds about the Lemieux-Draper incident, I remember one of Denver's talksports radio personalities coming on WDFN, the local Detroit sports radio show, after the incident and the payback occured. Anyway, the guy was a jacka**. All he wanted to do was stir up trouble and be a prick. There was no rationalizing with him. So, our sports guys just make him look the donkey's rear end that he was. It was great.

I know all Colorado fans aren't like that, but I think it was easy for them to get caught up in this guys "self-serving" message.

Old 05-01-2002, 02:06 PM   #40
MTU 50
GOT TORQUE ????

Quote:
Originally posted by 7up

How come the Av's and Sharks play tonight only two days after the Av's beat LA and every other series doesn't start until Thursday at the earliest?
Thats what happens when you dilly-dally around and take seven games to win a series.

I should know since the Wings almost decided to go that route themselves.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: