MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-01-2002, 02:29 PM   #41
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by MTU 50

Thats what happens when you dilly-dally around and take seven games to win a series.

I should know since the Wings almost decided to go that route themselves.
hahahaha once again i back that azz, those l a king's are tough, did you see where fined the general -scottie because he shoved a reporter & the wing's whole orginaztion, then they fined the canuck's & their coach for whining about the official's, heheh how about fineing bettruzi for his cheap shot's on chelios, hhhuuuhhh?

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2002, 02:52 PM   #42
MTU 50
GOT TORQUE ????

Quote:
Originally posted by Crazy Horse GT
hahahaha once again i back that azz, those l a king's are tough, did you see where fined the general -scottie because he shoved a reporter & the wing's whole orginaztion, then they fined the canuck's & their coach for whining about the official's, heheh how about fineing bettruzi for his cheap shot's on chelios, hhhuuuhhh?
Scotty is a cool, calm guy in the publics eye, but don't mess with him. I'm sure the reporter deserved it, but since I haven't heard any details, I'm just making a general asumption.

Yeah, Burke was whinning up a storm.

I liked the way the Wings got under Betuzzi's skin and he hit back hard. Thats the way it should be. Grind away at each other and see who wins the battles. Betuzzi is huge, but I think it would take a mack truck to stop Chelios from dusting himself off and getting back up again.
190 LPH fuel pump, 3-row radiator,
Maximum Motorsports full length subframes

2002 Oldsmobile Bravada(wife's car)
2005 Ford Taurus SEL (company ride)

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS !!!!

Last edited by MTU 50; 05-01-2002 at 03:33 PM..
MTU 50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2002, 03:13 PM   #43
Mach 1
Registered Member

Quote:

Scotty is a cool, calm guy, but don't mess with him. I'm sure the reporter deserved it, but since I haven't heard any details, I'm just making a general asumption.
That is the image he portrays, but dont be fooled. I lived in Pittsburgh during the cup years and Bowmans years there, and I heard some ex-players and media types flat out say Scotty Bowman is an major A--hole. And they said it on TV, so they were passionate about thier remarks, enough to try to let it be known to other people who have no personal dealings with Scotty himself. His actions reinforce that theory. This isnt the first times he done something stupid, and it probably wont be the last.

And why everybody hate Roy? Because he wouldnt play in the Olympics?
RHC member #142

Last edited by Mach 1; 05-01-2002 at 04:37 PM..
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2002, 03:40 PM   #44
MTU 50
GOT TORQUE ????

Quote:
Originally posted by Mach 1

That is the image he portrays, but dont be fooled. I lived in Pittsburgh during the cup years and Bowmans years there, and I heard some ex-players and media types flat out say Scotty Bowman is an major A--hole. And they said it on TV, so they were passionate about thier remarks, enough to try to let it be known to other people who have no personal dealings with Scotty himself. He actions reinforce that theory. This isnt the first times he done something stupid, and it probably wont be the last.
Okay. I qualified my statement by adding "in the public eye". Happy. I didn't put him up for saint hood or say he doesn't get emotional, however, for the most part in public and behind that bench he doesn't usually let his emotions get the best of him.

When Crawford coached the avalanche 3 years ago and was leaning over the plexi-galss seperater and blowing his top right in Scotty's face, Scotty just stood there and did nothing. I think he then said something along the lines of "Mark, I don't think your father would approve of your behavior" in a normal fairly emotionless face. It was something like that(its been 3 years and my memory is filled with engineering equations at the moment) and I think it was because Scotty knew Marks dad from back in the day. That made Crawford even more mad, because Scotty was right in the fact that Crawford was being disrespectful by swearing at the opposing teams coach and insulting him. I'm pretty sure he apologized to Scotty too.

I don't know. All I was saying is that he is calm most of the time and defintely in front of the public. I'm sure he can get fired up in the dressing room though.

I know reporters have a job to do, but I can picture myself going Bobby Knight on some of the more brain dead ones.

Last edited by MTU 50; 05-01-2002 at 03:53 PM..
Old 05-01-2002, 04:42 PM   #45
Mach 1
Registered Member

Quote:

I don't know. All I was saying is that he is calm most of the time and defintely in front of the public. .
I agree 100% with that, however, from listening to people who have had professional and personal relationships with him, he is an A--hole.
So now when he has altercations with people, I can no longer give Bowman the benefit of the doubt, as there have been confirmations from insiders that he is indeed an A--hole.

I believe it, you dont have too.

later
RHC member #142
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2002, 06:33 PM   #46
7up
Registered Member

Quote:

Thats what happens when you dilly-dally around and take seven games to win a series.

I should know since the Wings almost decided to go that route themselves.
Haha still doessn't explain why they play two days earlier than every other team.
Ricer Hater's Club-member #16
7up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2002, 06:41 PM   #47
7up
Registered Member

Quote:

Actually. Stupid Reporter for sensationalizing and causing trouble. But it doesn't matter anyway, because it was a fictional story.

I have a feeling this story mirrors what happens in real life though. Without opening wounds about the Lemieux-Draper incident, I remember one of Denver's talksports radio personalities coming on WDFN, the local Detroit sports radio show, after the incident and the payback occured. Anyway, the guy was a jacka**. All he wanted to do was stir up trouble and be a prick. There was no rationalizing with him. So, our sports guys just make him look the donkey's rear end that he was. It was great.

I know all Colorado fans aren't like that, but I think it was easy for them to get caught up in this guys "self-serving" message.
I'm sure there's stupid reporters in every city like that. If you live in the city you realize they are retarded and don't listen to them. It's when they leave the city and start shooting their mouth off they give a bad name to their teams and fans, because others towns don't know who they are.
Old 05-01-2002, 08:11 PM   #48
MTU 50
GOT TORQUE ????

Quote:
Originally posted by 7up

Haha still doessn't explain why they play two days earlier than every other team.
One day, not two. And I guess its just the way the scheduling worked out. They probably started the playoffs on the second day and this is how the cards fell. I am curious on how that system works, but I don't have time to investigate.

Old 05-01-2002, 08:26 PM   #49
7up
Registered Member

Geez, I'm an idiot. For some reason I was thinking either today was Tuesday or there is another day in between Wednesday and Thursday. It makes more sense now that other games start tomorrow Thednesday.
Old 05-01-2002, 11:46 PM   #50
7up
Registered Member

Roy sure played great tonight He almost stopped some shots.

I guess the Av's played tonight because they are having a concert tomorrow night at the Pepsi Center.
Old 05-05-2002, 03:45 PM   #51
7up
Registered Member

So in case anyone missed it after getting their butt's kickied in game one by the Sharks the Av's won 8-2 yesterday!!! Ohh man that was fun to watch. Forsberg is now the leader in points for the playoffs. I think he has made a small difference coming back.
Old 05-05-2002, 04:25 PM   #52
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

good game, so did you have shark steak for dinner? jk the wing's smoked the blues again but they got lazy towards the end of the game, but the blues made some stupid penalty's for theirselves, i didnt get to see the av's - shark's game, seem's like the av's handed them their a--- , i hope it does come down to the wing's & av's for the west, we'll WIN, just jokin with ya, i dont want to bring out the guy from omaha with his flame thrower, heheh , l8ter

R H C- member # 1
Old 05-06-2002, 11:05 PM   #53
7up
Registered Member

THe Shark steak was very good, thankyou. So far so good for Av's-Redwings matchup. Av's were down 3-1 in the second period tonight and I had to go for a drive to get away from the game. I come back and its tied 3-3, then Forseberg scored again at the end of the second 4-3. He has an assist too, I'm really glad he's back.

Go Detroit so we can give em a good spanking the next round. Assuming the Av's make it there.
Old 05-07-2002, 08:08 AM   #54
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

sorry 7-up your boy's got shark bit, heheh, the shark's have some big goon's, geez, i hope the av's win i know the wing's can beat them

R H C- member # 1
Old 05-07-2002, 10:50 AM   #55
Lizard King
midnightruns.com

Bah... the avs, wings or sharks can't match the all mighty Senators!!!

Lalime is very close to beating all time records of shut-out in playoffs. GO OTTAWA GO!!!!

NEW CAR! - 2002 GT TrueBlue - Best Stock ET - 13.77

Old Lizard - 2000GT Electric Green - Best ET STOCK: 13.662 @ 100.2MPH
Lizard King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 11:08 AM   #56
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

lalime is good, no doubt but my east pick- go hab's, i hope to see a hab's & wing's cup playoff -my two favorite team's

R H C- member # 1
Old 05-07-2002, 01:15 PM   #57
Lizard King
midnightruns.com

The habs don't stand a chance against Ottawa's defence;

Lalime
Redden (second best in the league)
Chara (very big, very impressive player)
Lesychine (sp?) - solid, physical
Salo - Crazy pointman
Phillips - Solid.
York - Solid.

then you put talented forwards in the equation, Alfredson, Hossa, Havlat, Arvedson, Bonk, MacEachern, Brunet and Fisher... man you have a crazy freaking team. Ottawa uses their 4th line more than 10 minutes per game on average.

NEW CAR! - 2002 GT TrueBlue - Best Stock ET - 13.77

Old Lizard - 2000GT Electric Green - Best ET STOCK: 13.662 @ 100.2MPH
Lizard King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 08:55 PM   #58
7up
Registered Member

Stupid third period in Av's game. Sharks had two 5 on 3's in the first 6 minutes of the third. At least Detroit is losing 3-1.
Old 05-08-2002, 08:33 AM   #59
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

well hasek played great last night oh well i told you the blues & shark's were going to be tough, ottawa, they are good but have a great record for choking, heheh, just joking, the east hasnt had much since the devil's, the west will win again!

R H C- member # 1
Old 05-08-2002, 08:38 AM   #60
MTU 50
GOT TORQUE ????

Quote:
Originally posted by 7up
Stupid third period in Av's game. Sharks had two 5 on 3's in the first 6 minutes of the third. At least Detroit is losing 3-1.
I was doing the same thing you are doing when I watched the Aves game. I was rooting against Colorado the whole game. And then after the game I was thinking, I might not want the Sharks to win and play the Red Wings in the next round (If we are fortunate enough to get there), because the Sharks have a lot of talent and a lot of big guys. I was starting to think Colorado would be an easier opponent.

Oh well, we'll see what happens and I'll probably still root against the Aves anyway. I can't help it.