MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-31-2002, 10:27 PM   #1
fnfastLx
Registered Member

Talking no more fire chicken and craparo

Are we going to have to deal with the lateest and greatest in the rice world from now on.
no boost no blower no juice and ill still win! 357w ,DSS Bullet 357 Windsor Balanced Rotating Assembly,.373gear,750 demon,victor jr. intake,mac full langth headers full mac ex,sportsman pro rears,windser sr.heads,crane cam,crane ign.
fnfastLx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2002, 11:35 PM   #2
84LX89GT
Mustangs

well, at least until Chevy or Dodge comes out with something to compete with it (which it's likely, Chevy isn't too far away from it's re-design of the camaro). Maybe two or three years max. I heard dodge is coming out with a new four door hemi charger (it's a new 5.7L engine that will be in alot of the product lines) and since both Chevy and Chrysler are designing new rear drive platforms for their car lines, it's likely that there may be actually competition in the not too distant future....which i like because maybe having more rear drive V8 cars out there will ebb the tide of rice recruits.
Although the Camaro and Firebird were cheaply made, old designed dinosaurs, that's what i thought made them great and worthy of having as a foe to the mustang (since after all they are faster stock....something to gun for )

just my opinion

1980 Ford Thunderbird - 255 V8
ported heads, 5.0L ported stock headers, O.R. H-pipe and Flowmaster 2-chambers, dual roller timing chain
hi-po Mack Truck hood emblem

1985 Mustang GT 5.0L T5, F-303, GT40p, headers, off-road h, flowmasters, MSD stuff, etc.

Sold 02/06/04
1989 Mustang GT ET: 13.304@102.29 mph (5-24-03)

Sold - 1998 Mustang Cobra coupe, 1/4 mile - street tires: 13.843@103.41 (bone stock)
84LX89GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2002, 10:50 AM   #3
OnMy3rdStang
Registered Member

It wont be long before chevy and pontiac make something else to compete. They wont give up that easy
Old 02-03-2002, 12:24 AM   #4
Ty'97Cobra
Registered Member

They won't give up that easy. But, as I've already seen, SOME, not all, Camaro guys are already putting down the new SC Cobra saying it is cheating that Ford is using a super charger. I guess they won't be able to use the argument that F'Body is faster stock vs stock anymore!!
The new Cobra will give some unsuspecting F'Body guys a surprise.
#2459 of 5082

Visit my city http://diggstown.myminicity.com/

Ty'97Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2002, 03:59 AM   #5
1BAD89
Tubbed and Juiced

Quote:
Are we going to have to deal with the lateest and greatest in the rice world from now on.
This has been beaten to death. The camaro's and Firebird's are not going to dissappear off the side of the earth, Geez.

Quote:
They won't give up that easy. But, as I've already seen, SOME, not all, Camaro guys are already putting down the new SC Cobra saying it is cheating that Ford is using a super charger. I guess they won't be able to use the argument that F'Body is faster stock vs stock anymore!!
No real racer is going to say a supercharger is cheating. But compare apples to apples if your comparing stock vs. stock. C6/Z06 vs."Cobra Special". The F-body will still be faster than the GT also. This can't be stressed enough either, rumor has it they are only making 1,000 units, and little over 3x how many cobra R's were made, how many of them did you see around on the street? I'm pretty excited to see what it can do, then the other manufacters will just have to up their ante!
1BAD89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2002, 03:25 PM   #6
OnMy3rdStang
Registered Member

Chevy got all mad when ford started using superchargers on the Lightning. And they still haven't got a truck to compete with it.
I remember watching an episode of Car and Driver and Chevy had a Silverado/Corvette truck but never produced it