MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 02-15-2004, 05:00 AM   #1
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Angry No one sings a song about how it really is.

All of the movies, all of the songs, all of the poems that have been written about love, and how many of them actually portray a true sense of the emotions felt? None that I heard of.

This may be just me, it probably is, but Love is nothing like what any expression of art, or entertainment has portrayed it as...nothig close.

I have been in my fare share of relationships, mostly long ones. And the emotions that these songs sing about, or that these movies show, of happiness and completion, Just dont exist! I'm sick of it. Yes, there are moments of the Butterflys, and moments of immense pasion, desire, and a bond....but those moments are FEW AND FAR BETWEEN! At least in my love life.

Maybe it is me, maybe I do something that just locks out this happiness that I seek.

While I understand that the Fairy tale Love is nothing more than just a Fairy Tale, I have found nothing that even somewhat half hartdley comes close..NOTHING!

All I find is 80 percent pain and 20 percent other. All at the price of 100 percent effort.

All my relationships end up screwed up. Maybe it is me, maybe I wont allow myself to be loved, or cared for. Maybe It is me that pushes these women away. Or Maybe I'm just not worth someone else's understanding, or caring, or devotion. That is probably the most likely.

I'm sick of turning on the dam TV, or juicing up the stereo just to hear the blatant lies of love and all its granduar.

Valentines day if for the birds. Stuffed animals, ballons, and choclate....for what.....Nothing...A relationship should be special, and treated as such more than just one day a year...Hearts, flowers and dam stuffed animals should be given not just for holidays. You know, I have treated as many days as possible like Valentines day for the women i have been with...And it all ends up the same....PAIN. I hate this Dam pain and am sick of it. I hate Love and all the BS it stands for, or is supposed to.

It might as well be burried with Jimmy Hoffa, or swimming with Nessie in the Loch Ness, or riding a freaking flying saucer with Elvis and his Gray friends....Because if its actually out there...More than likely I'll never find it.

Might as well carry a god dam flag pole out in a thunderstorm. That would take away all the ill fated hopes of ever finding it (Love).
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 05:11 AM   #2
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

I'm giving that Fat, Stupid Winged Cherib...Cupid a big fat Middle Finger. "F" him and the horse he rode in on. He can take that bow and stick it up his @$$.

Hope he gets sucked into a jet engine.
Old 02-15-2004, 03:17 PM   #3
mustangII460
Factoy Five Roadster

Ok, calm down, lets find a happy place.

Off Topic a little ::::::

I went to our local Hockey game last night. They had on special jerseys that had Happy Valentines Day with hearts around the bottom of the shirt. I wanted to puke my guts out. They sissyfied my Hockey game, NUTZ!

Then during the first intermission a guy comes out and asks a girl to marry him, SHE SAID NO! WTF?

I say Valentimes day should be abolised. And In-Laws while were at it. Heck, ALL soap opras too.

" Mercury"QUOTE " Yes, there are moments of the Butterflys, and moments of immense pasion, desire, and a bond....but those moments are FEW AND FAR BETWEEN! That feeling is called stress. The same feeling we get when you see a cop coming the other direction.
mustangII460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 08:12 PM   #4
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Default Re: No one sings a song about how it really is.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mercury
...I'm sick of turning on the dam TV, or juicing up the stereo just to hear the blatant lies of love and all its granduar.

Valentines day if for the birds. Stuffed animals, ballons, and choclate....for what.....Nothing...A relationship should be special, and treated as such more than just one day a year...Hearts, flowers and dam stuffed animals should be given not just for holidays. You know, I have treated as many days as possible like Valentines day for the women i have been with...And it all ends up the same....PAIN. I hate this Dam pain and am sick of it. I hate Love and all the BS it stands for, or is supposed to.
Yeah, ME TOO.

At the same time (ignoring the foolishness that hollywood and valentines lives up to), how do you view love regarding family, friends, pets?

Perhaps you are looking to the wrong source(s) for the true definition of love.....
Stock 5.8L under 4" cowl 'glass hood, C4 w/ Transgo shift kit, Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake; Fluidyne Al radiator, Flexalite 175 electric fan, 1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, FRPP Al driveshaft; S&W 6-point cage; 2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters, 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s; Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 275/50/15 Nitto NT 555R Drag Radials;
14 x 4” K&N X-stream air filter.

'92 GT (5-speed)
Small In Car Video
Stock 5.0L, 2-chamber Flowmasters, MAC CAI, Tri-Ax, Al pedals...

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 08:21 PM   #5
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Love is real my friend. I have been with the same girl since the 11th grade and I am 27.

I cant imagine life without her.

I think you need to mellow out a tad
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 10:46 PM   #6
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

Unhappy

well my real sweetheart is gone forever, so all i can say, is grab it while you can, i thought i found someone new, oh hell no, she drives me crazy, i'm done with that, i'm not looking anymore, i can never replace what i had, but god has her now, happy v- day gt lee, aka odie, i'll alway's love you.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 11:51 PM   #7
xxxBlakexxx
Registered Member

Mercury:

Life is full of surprises...you never know what is around the next corner. I went through some tough times once too...thought it was the end of the world. But things changed, once I changed or maybe I just got lucky. I've been with my wife now for 12 years, sure she drives me insane sometimes, but I am glad to have her. We have shared a great life together so far. We have been able to find ways to make it work. We trust eachother.

I try to be thankful for each of those days because you never know what is in store for you. Another curve ball could come my way again. I just try to minimize my risk and improve my chances.

Good luck. And remember it's easier to catch a butterfly with honey than with lemon juice.

Stay cool and keep your head up.

My Stang:
2000 Mustang GT Vert - Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter; C&L Plenum; BBK 75 mm TB; Steeda Strut Tower Supports; Black "Deep Dish" Bullet Wheels; FRPP 4.10's; Steeda Subframes; SLP Catback & SLP Catted X-Pipe; SCT 4 Position Chip with 3 custom tunes; Steeda CAI; Venom-1000 Nitrous; Roush Stage 3 Body Kit; Bullet Suspension Package (on the way)
xxxBlakexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 12:23 AM   #8
Snakeman
Registered Member

if it didn't hurt, it wasn't worth doing...

old rock-climber's expression
Old 02-17-2004, 01:39 AM   #9
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Thank you all for bringing my spirits up. Sometimes I let my emotions intensify and condense to the point where they flash up.

Dark 5.0.

Know it seems like I'm being a butt kisser. I'm not, but thanks man, I appreciate it.

Marty.

I didnt know. I am so terribly sorry. There is never replacing, or subsituting a loved one. Have you ever seen the last Lethal Weapon? At the end, That short guy....whats his name...talks about his pet frog...and makes a very good point. If you havent seen it, rent it and watch it. Its a fun movie, and you'll see what I mean about the that scene.

I am sure she is up there with god. She is a great person. I remember the times I talked to her when I called you.

Thank you FoxBody, Blake, and MustangII460. I appreciate the insight.

Now that I've calmed down and laughed (Not at this post)..I feel much better.
Old 02-17-2004, 04:53 AM   #10
84LX89GT
Mustangs

Just think Mercury, you need the bad to appreciate the good, although sometimes the bad really sucks. At least you've been in love, i've never fallen in love with a girl - mostly just lust, once that wears out you have to develop love. I'm sure i'll find someone special since i just hit 23 not too long ago and have a lot of life yet to live, but i guess all you can do is deal with what you get. Hang in there man, i know the bad all too well

1980 Ford Thunderbird - 255 V8
ported heads, 5.0L ported stock headers, O.R. H-pipe and Flowmaster 2-chambers, dual roller timing chain
hi-po Mack Truck hood emblem

1985 Mustang GT 5.0L T5, F-303, GT40p, headers, off-road h, flowmasters, MSD stuff, etc.

Sold 02/06/04
1989 Mustang GT ET: 13.304@102.29 mph (5-24-03)

Sold - 1998 Mustang Cobra coupe, 1/4 mile - street tires: 13.843@103.41 (bone stock)
84LX89GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 10:05 AM   #11
TARZAN
Registered Member

I love Country Music

-Will

-Will
TARZAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 11:25 AM   #12
RBatson
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 84LX89GT

At least you've been in love, i've never fallen in love with a girl - mostly just lust, once that wears out you have to develop love. I'm sure i'll find someone special since i just hit 23 not too long ago and have a lot of life yet to live, but i guess all you can do is deal with what you get. Hang in there man, i know the bad all too well
Damn dude! Just look deep into their eyes, you'll fall in love with them. You're alot younger than I thought you were, just look into thier eyes.. they are all special. When you find the one that is extra special, you'll know it. I think you are rushing past it.
Old 02-17-2004, 05:52 PM   #13
jocatmust
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by RBatson
Damn dude! Just look deep into their eyes, you'll fall in love with them. You're alot younger than I thought you were, just look into thier eyes.. they are all special. When you find the one that is extra special, you'll know it. I think you are rushing past it.
So have you rushed past love and not given it one more chance? Is there that special one for you that you have looked deep into their eyes? I have find that special one for me, but I let outside influences and stupid stuff mess it up. Now it seems from him there is no fixing it, even thou I desperately want to. i always think that if you have love, you can! I would love to see my special someone and tell him just how wonderful i think he is. I miss him so much.
jocatmust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 08:23 PM   #14
TARZAN
Registered Member

Did country music not come to anyone else's mind when you read the first post???

-Will

-Will
Old 02-19-2004, 01:06 AM   #15
Sknight579
Registered Member

While we are on the subject of songs, Dark 5.0, I'm curious for some reason.. Do you listen to 95x while around here?

eh, sry to get off topic
Old 02-19-2004, 10:44 AM   #16
Dark_5.0
Registered Member

Yes I do. 95X 90% of the time. 102.1 sometimes.
Dark_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 05:32 PM   #17
TARZAN
Registered Member

My favorite radio station around here is 95.1

But I"m in MS

-Will

-Will
Old 02-20-2004, 08:31 PM   #18
Sknight579
Registered Member

Default 102.1 = good :-P

102.1 is good, everynow and then 103.3 has something good on too.

to ayone else, you can listen to the 95x me and dark 5.0 listen too at www.95x.net, click listen live. Thats what I do whn I'm out of town
Old 02-20-2004, 08:59 PM   #19
xxxBlakexxx
Registered Member

XM Radio is the best!

My Stang:
2000 Mustang GT Vert - Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter; C&L Plenum; BBK 75 mm TB; Steeda Strut Tower Supports; Black "Deep Dish" Bullet Wheels; FRPP 4.10's; Steeda Subframes; SLP Catback & SLP Catted X-Pipe; SCT 4 Position Chip with 3 custom tunes; Steeda CAI; Venom-1000 Nitrous; Roush Stage 3 Body Kit; Bullet Suspension Package (on the way)
xxxBlakexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 09:25 PM   #20
Stang_Crazy
It's never clean enough!

My fav. radio station is 99.7. In the evenings, starting at 7pm, they have a DJ (Delila) who plays soft rock love songs. People call in and tell her how good/bad their life is going then she gives advice or comfort and plays a song that is appropriate for their situation. It sounds corny but it is SOOOOOO relaxing and soothing to listen to.

Whenever I'm down about love it always helps to sit down, relax, and listen to her program. It really clears my head and helps me to see what is really important in life.

89' GT : Taking up garage space and waiting for a buyer...

Rice Hater's Club - Member #11
Stang_Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote