View Single Post
Old 07-11-2006, 11:39 AM   #1
rfpowerdude
Registered Member

Default Noob to Ford, not to the hobby (just want to say hey)...

Hi all, I just wanted to pop in and say hi. I posted this over on mustang-forums.com, but then I found this site and it seems to be more frequented.

A new project in which I am involved is an '89 hatchback formerly 4-cyl plain-jane Mustang. It belongs to my friend Mike and we are doing the project at my house (I have facilities). I am not one who brand bashes and I like all American muscle performance cars (closet Mustang lover). I, personally, am into Oldsmobiles and Mike is into Mustangs. He just had a really nice 347 stroker built and it now sits on a stand in my garage waiting to be installed into the aforementioned '89 chassis (AFR 205s, full roller cam/valvetrain, Kook's headers, Edel RPM Air-Gap, carb'ed, etc.). His project will be done long before my '88 Oldsmobile (over the next coupla months). It will be a fun project and I can hardly wait to go ripping down the street/track when we get it back on the road. He has acquired an AOD tranny and a rear from an '89 GT. He has bought a bunch of parts for the AOD and will leave the 3.55:1 gears in the rear alone.

I will post more when I get a webpage up on the build (pics, plans, specs, etc.). In the meantime, check out my Olds project to see what I have going on at my house (my www link).

This is gonna be one fun, ripping, sleeper of a Mustang...
rfpowerdude is offline   Reply With Quote