View Single Post
Old 07-11-2006, 01:51 PM   #3
rfpowerdude
Registered Member

Default Re: Noob to Ford, not to the hobby (just want to say hey)...

Thanks for the reply Mr Five Oh . As I said in my first post, he has acquired a 3.55:1 geared rear from an '89 GT and an AOD tranny (don't know the original app on the tranny). Something I didn't mention is he ordered all the suspension upgrade stuff yesterday and a new (heavier duty) steering rack. I will try to get all the specs on all the components this week and post a build page with specs and plans along with part numbers and links.

We are well aware of the carnage the 347 would impart to the stock four-banger drivetrain components

As far as the Olds stuff is concerned, I like them because they seem to have a heckuva lot more class than the Chevy stuff of the same era and I never wanted to be a "me too" car builder (small block Chevy in a Monte Carlo). I like the '81-'88 G-bodies, but need the power of the 60s powerplants. Hence, my big block Olds '88 Cutlass build. To me, the production Oldses after that were a yawn to say the least. I am stuck in the late 60s but was born a little late to have actually enjoyed those years. My build melds the 60s power with a later model classy (relatively) sedan that rides/handles nicely, but wields ~530hp. At car shows, I want people to wonder what it is under the hood. I hate the "...that got a small block Chevy in it?"... so, when I open the hood and say, "Nope, it's just a 307 Olds..." they can walk away wondering what the heck it really is...

The Mustang will look just like it did as a four-banger with steel wheels/wire hubcaps (widened) and whitewalls. It won't sound like it though...
rfpowerdude is offline   Reply With Quote