MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-06-2001, 10:44 PM   #1
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Exclamation Oh God, NOOO!

A couple more reasons to believe that this ricer thing is getting WAY out of hand...

1. Dallas Mustang now sells chrome wiper delete kits, as well as just about any part of the inside or the outside now has chrome replacements:
window control buttons, door lock buttons, side view mirror controls, dash inlets.... all brushed chrome for your ricey viewing pleasure.....ugh....

2. Out doing our car show last weekend, and as usual, we had no entries in the sport compact class.... UNTIL....
A 16/17 year old kid shows up in a CHEVY LUMINA and enters it in the sport compact class! I just about died....
Had the obligatory "such and such performance" banner on the windshield, a myriad of different stickers, SS badging.... (I didn't know the Lumina had an SS model. )
Those stupid seat belt racing protectors that go around the seat belts and the oh so important fart pipe.
When we start giving awards to Chevy Luminas for sport compact class, we're in trouble folks, BIG trouble....

------------------
"The Yellowjacket"
381.8 rwhp 377.6 rwtq

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2001, 08:51 AM   #2
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Talking

That is too funny. When I was looking for a IAT sensor for my car on the weekend, I had a look around, I couldn't believe all the crappy little ricer things that you can buy. And man were they cheap! No wonder the ricers have so much crap on there cars, most of it can be bought dirt cheap.

------------------
1995 Mustang GT
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2001, 04:30 AM   #3
84LX89GT
Mustangs

Hammer, i like to live partially in denial, you're making me start to believe that we'll start to see more rice mustangs out there , i knew a guy who riced out his COBRA, but he at least had a pro charger (15psi) worked heads, 3" dual exhaust....on and on, with 580+ rwhp.....made me sick though, i hated looking at anything besides the engine on that car, plus he wanted to go into road racing and the thing had like 4.88 gears (something really high) and he normally could only use 2 gears on the street when racing in a STRAIGHT LINE, let alone around corners.... ugh....

------------------
previous name: 84stangLX
'84 Mustang 5.0 LX
my LX
'89 Mustang GT
my GT

84LX89GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2001, 06:51 PM   #4
Capri306

Indeed it is getting ridiculous sometimes. I sold some kid one of those damn "Power By (insert wiggy-arse japanese lettering here)" shoulder pads today. I think it meant toyota, but he was putting it on a ******* Neon! What a goof!

Hammer, you are so right that you should, "never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." These guys are something that even George Orwell would have trouble imagining. I'll put Dallas Mustang on my do-not-buy list.

Did you guys actually have to give that stupid *** an award for his lumina? I would've kicked his *** out. Mebbe you guys need an age limit or something.

God, I can't wait to get done with my notchback and blow these guys COMPLETELY out of the water, courtesy Novi 2000.

------------------
Capri306, Moderator, The Mustang Works Online
1979 Mercury Capri, 5.0L -- C4 -- 2.73
1987 Mustang LX Notch
Capri306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2001, 09:10 PM   #5
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Cool

Hey Capri,
Now don't go blamin' Dallas Mustang, (especially since I work there on the weekends... )
Its not their fault this crap sells.
In general the folks there are knowledgable, hard core racers like you and me.... but cash is cash.... and if the high schoolers want to dress up their import-mustang, there's money to be had..... and lots of it.

------------------
"The Yellowjacket"
381.8 rwhp 377.6 rwtq

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2001, 11:58 PM   #6
SoulflyGuy
Registered Member

Man I see those damn things everwhere all the time, and now that school is starting next week, it's gonna be worse! Everyday last year I saw them in the parking lot. One guy even entered his Honda in the school car show under, get this, best exhaust! Man did he ever get the beat down. What's funny is that they think they've got nice cars. Litle do they know.
SoulflyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2001, 09:36 AM   #7
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Thumbs down

Talking about ricers, Hammer and I went to Dallas mustang for some parts and this guy with a 96-98 black GT had this GT "R" badge on his car. What the hell is a GT R mustang. And why would you put an ricer "R" on a mustang. What the heck is the world coming to!?!?

------------------
1995 Mustang GT
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2001, 12:35 PM   #8
Capri306

Hammer: agreed. I'm guilty of the same thing I guess. I have to sell ppl that crap too: chrome fart pipes and neon. You are 100% right that kids spend big bucks on this stuff. I sold some japanese dude $150 worth of neon tubes. The truly disappointing part was that he installed them with zip-ties on his Kia Sportage in the parking lot. What a prodigal generation this is. All looks (in most cases all TALK) and no go. Glad I've found this place and some ppl in Toledo to hang with that feel the same way I do.

------------------
Capri306, Moderator, The Mustang Works Online
1979 Mercury Capri, 5.0L -- C4 -- 2.73
1987 Mustang LX Notch
Capri306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2001, 01:09 AM   #9
84LX89GT
Mustangs

Wanna hear something ABSOLUTELY SICKENING:
The dealership i work at gets Roush mustangs, F150's, Harley Davidson F150's, King Fanch F150's and SVT products, but they also send Focuses out to get modified.....first off, that's just a bad idea anyway.....but here's the kicker the mods are: 17" wheels that show the enormous gap between the PUNY stock front rotors and rear DRUMS to the wheel, GT-R badges (yes, you heard me right), a big Fart pipe and of course the mandatory yellow shift knob to match the color of the "race car".
I saw this car and laughed and said, "what idiot does that to a car." a guy i work with replied by saying, "evergreen (the dealership i work at) sends out focuses to get modified like that." My grin turned upside down and i felt sick to my stomach. I'd probably puke if i saw a production car from ford like that......urgh........

------------------
previous name: 84stangLX
'84 Mustang 5.0 LX
my LX
'89 Mustang GT
my GT

84LX89GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2001, 05:44 AM   #10
Vector
Registered Member

Hey, Focuses are better cars than you all probably think. Have you ever watched british ralley? Those things OWN the course, frequently coming in the top 5 and winning. The Focus is obviously one of the best ralley platforms ever produced. It's no 1/4 mile winner but what the **<k does that matter? It was never built to do that. It's not fair to judge a car by it's cover.
Vector is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: