MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Blue Oval Lounge (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   OH NO!! Ford ruined the Mustang!!! (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=31959)

The Fireman 12-04-2002 07:47 PM

OH NO!! Ford ruined the Mustang!!!

Please will someone tell me this isn't what the 2005 stang will look like. :eek: :(

http://www.autoweek.com/weekart/2002...mustang380.jpg

http://www.autoweek.com/images_conte...n-stang002.jpg

These came from AutoWeek BTW, and I really hope they aren't real.

Dark_5.0 12-04-2002 07:54 PM

If that is how they look I sure am glad I went ahead and bought an 01'.

I wouldnt care if that car ran 10's.It is butt ugly.:eek:

Yuck,

srv1 12-04-2002 08:25 PM

that is just a prototype. Ford does read car forums and sees what people think. i honestly dont believe that is what the new 05 will look like exactly. you will see, the will make it cool. just like they did in 94 when some people thought they were huge and bulky and the same when they did it in 99 people thought it looked square with big wheel wells(i do believe that still with the stock ride height). it is just a phase. As long as it is not like the Mustang 2 phase, then i wouldnt worry.

StangFlyer 12-04-2002 08:51 PM

We will be letting everyone know about the new Pony car in early January. The Mustang Works will be at a special presentation that Bill Ford will be presenting/hosting for the Media. I believe the car will be there, and much of the presentation will be about the next generation Pony car.

The Deuce 12-04-2002 10:54 PM

Dan, you're making us jealous again......

Consider how much different the SN cars looked from that prtotype. I'd imagine about the same variation into the next production car.

jj_jonathon 12-04-2002 11:30 PM

they need to work on the rear end and make the car thinner...it looks like crap cuz the windshield is so bent backwards from how high the car is...why are they turning the mustang into a 4x4?

12-04-2002 11:58 PM

See. That's why I'm trying for Mach!

I saw that picture the other day and was sooo frightened of the premis of the taurus engine for the v-6 and the ugly car and all. I decided to bite the bullit and go a bit wild...try my go at a Mach 1! Soooo....

if all goes according to Plan, I may have myself a beautiful White 2003 Mach 1 Mustang! Woo Hoo...We'll see how things pan out. Grabber1 has been assisting in my efforts and his VIN tracking capabilities are astounding! I highly recommed him! LOL..!

Thanks Grabber....I'll let you know what happens!

Jenn

bigred90gt 12-05-2002 12:11 AM

I realize that this is a rough prototype, but I think even this exact car would grow on everyone. If they change it up some, great. If they don't, fine. It's not too bad looking, in my opinion.
Caymon

Grabber1 12-05-2002 01:18 AM

Glad to be of service Jane, I can't take all the credit. My man Skoozo at the registry has the vin stuff down to a science. Just happy to see the car go to a good home. Thanks for the props girl, and good luck!!!

jj_jonathon 12-05-2002 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Grabber1
03 Mach 1 Torch Red
you have a new mach 1?! i havent seen one out yet....anywhere...and the dealer here sells saleens...i know they started giving them out in november...tell me...how incredibly awesome is it? got any incredibly large pics of it? and may of them? ...you got me drooling...those things are works of art :D...i want a shaker hood scoop system on my GT :) - for the low low price of about a grand, it can be done!...heh

Grabber1 12-05-2002 01:39 AM

Check out our site, it has all the pics of my car as well as all the others that are out just under my name in the forums there, 70MachCJ.
As for the ride, this thing is the single best Mustang that has ever come down the line, period! The power is unbelievable. Ford told a little white lie on the hp, cause this thing is going to give the 03 Cobra a run for its money! One of our members smoked a 98 Cobra tonight!! Just check out the registry, you will love these cars.

www.mach1registry.com

I also posted some here in the specialty mustangs section. Take care man!

Grabber1 12-05-2002 01:41 AM

Heres the mw post with my pics. Enjoy!

http://forums.mustangworks.com/showt...threadid=31620

jj_jonathon 12-05-2002 01:46 AM

wow...i had no idea it had an option for black and mineral grey...i thoguht it only came in blue and red....

that right there is the single, only mustang i would EVER buy in a coupe....simply because they dont make em in convertable...so ill wait 6 years til my warrenty is up, put in a bullitt intake, add the shaker scoop system and neato!...hehe....i can buy one of those little black lips that attach to the air dam...i think i might..it adds that little extra much needed drop to the front...hrmmm....:D:D:D....no you have me all hyper...lol...i love that car...very very nice.. :)

...oh yea...and those rims are sweet....they were an option on the GTs for 2003...makes me wish id waited out for an 03 gt...sheesh :)....

only thing they missed on the mach1 IMO is that they have the regular pony badging on the sides...i think it should say Mach 1 like the rear....but oh well...:D

ultraflo 12-05-2002 04:22 AM

critic

I'm not impressed at all with the prototype. It's hideous, to say the very least. Of course, that is only my opinion.

It's hard to beat the looks/styling of the Fox body Mustang... they really had something there. ;)

I think the Mach1 is sweet as well as the '03 Cobra... awesome machines!! I just don't think the Mustang should get any bigger than what it already is. They need to make it just a tad smaller.

I can't wait until Chevrolet brings back the *gulp* Camaro... I'm interested to see if they remedy the mistake they've been making with that car since 1970. It got uglier, and uglier, etc.

The Mustang seems to keep getting bigger and bigger.... you get the point. :) [/rant]

Long live the American Muscle Car ...this import stuff has gotten WAY outta hand, IMHO.

-Ryan

PKRWUD 12-05-2002 06:34 AM

Oh dear God.

The Mustang looks better now than it has since 1970 (IMHO). Why the hell would they want to ruin it like that??? I have to hope (and pray?) that the crap in those pictures is nothing more than some college kid, with rice in his veins, design and engineering class final project.

http://deephousepage.com/smilies/bangdesk.gif

Take care,
~Chris

302 LX Eric 12-05-2002 09:01 AM

/zipping up the 3 layer, ultra high tech flame suit/

I kind of like the lines of the car - not exactly what they've got going on in the pic, but maybe a little 'thinner' with similar lines. I definitely do not like the back - way too 'fat' or 'bulky'; reminds me of the big butt on the newer Corvettes.

Now go ahead and tell me I'm a nut, I'm a big boy! :D

E

ultraflo 12-05-2002 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by 302 LX Eric
Now go ahead and tell me I'm a nut, I'm a big boy! :D
....you're a nut, big boy.

;)

-Ryan

ultraflo 12-05-2002 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by PKRWUD
Oh dear God.

Why the hell would they want to ruin it like that???

http://deephousepage.com/smilies/bangdesk.gif

That's a question that's been haunting me since I laid eyes upon those 'prototype' pictures... the damn thing looks like a BMW, or some other type of imported crap.

Not impressed.... :rolleyes: ...not even a little bit.

daveGT 12-05-2002 01:15 PM

It's hard to make a judgement from a small picture like this. Cars always look different in real life. I didn't like the '99 up style when I first saw the pics - hated it. But now, it's my favorite body style.

I kind of like the above pic. I think it's a good start.

Dark_5.0 12-05-2002 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Grabber1
Check out our site, it has all the pics of my car as well as all the others that are out just under my name in the forums there, 70MachCJ.
As for the ride, this thing is the single best Mustang that has ever come down the line, period! The power is unbelievable. Ford told a little white lie on the hp, cause this thing is going to give the 03 Cobra a run for its money! One of our members smoked a 98 Cobra tonight!! Just check out the registry, you will love these cars.

www.mach1registry.com

I also posted some here in the specialty mustangs section. Take care man!

You couldnt be more wrong, I have already beaten a 03' mach 1 in my 01' cobra with 320hp and 317tq.

A guy that works up the street from me has one. They are on par with a 99-01 cobra.

But no where near a 03' cobra.

There trap speed is 105-108 and the new cobra are hitting 115.

Later.