MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-31-2001, 04:03 AM   #1
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Thumbs up Anyone play Day of Defeat Half-Life Mod??

I downloaded Day of Defeat the Half-Life Mod and it is AWESOME. Thats why I havent been frequenting Mustang Works as often.

But then of course one of my intrests is World War II. If anyone likes WWII games, they should defenitaly check it out. I love it. Beta 1.3 is the latest version out.

If anyone plays, I go by my Mustang Works Name...Mercury. Usually play as a Axis member (German) Sniper or light machine gunner.

Cool thing is you dont get tons of people running around throwing Mini atomic bombs, or carpet bombing everything like Team Fortress and Half Life.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2001, 01:28 PM   #2
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Thumbs up

LOL I love Team Fortress, it's a blast!!!

------------------
Joe! 1988 GT, 167,000 miles!!! 13.58@105mph Check out my listing! Click here! Or my website:www.joe4speed.com
99 Ninja ZX-6R:10.32@135mph!
1993 Olds Eighty Eight LSS 16.40@88.8mph
joe4speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2001, 02:12 PM   #3
Mercury
The Redneck James Bond

Day of Defeat has realism like Counter Strike, but after you get killed theres a 15 second delay, then you respawn.

Authentic town settings full of destroyed building and rubble. Tons of sniper hiding spaces. Realistic and accurate portrayl of the weapons the armies used at time, and they act like the weapons of the day.

Its realistic as it takes time to reload your gun after you empty your magazine, and it only takes a well placed hit or two to down a person.

You can even hear the clank of the helmet when you get a head shoot. And the bullets flying over or around Hum and Buzz as they go by. And the sound of dirt and debris flying when the bullets stike walls and or the ground.

I love games that are realistic like COunter Strike, and this isnt to far off. Day of Defeat has alot of potential.

Just wish they were they had Itialian troops in Sicily instead of just German, and had French and British troops instead of just American, but its an early Beta and young mod.
Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2001, 02:18 PM   #4
SLIGHTLY_INSAIN
I AM ME!!!!

Smile

i have tired of hl mods for now....ben playing duse ex and max pain. not multiplayer but then again i dont miss the people i allways end up playing on a server with.....and with the new voice thing you can really tell who the little 12 year olds are! in some ways its good so you can mute them. but then you realize that almost every one is...

------------------
1993 white 5.0 vert
limited edition
22k on the clock
StOcK

My Mustang
SLIGHTLY_INSAIN is offline   Reply With Quote