MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-20-2003, 08:22 PM   #1
erl2589
Registered Member

Default Old School Rock n Roll

Saw Kiss and Aerosmith this weekend outdoor at Glen Helen Hyundai (sp?) pavillion. These guys are ancient but what a show! The place was packed and everyone was on their feet the whole night. A great way to put a cap on the summer.
Old 10-20-2003, 09:34 PM   #2
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

kiss still rock's, arrowsmith, sux, they were bad back in the 70's & early 80's, but come on, you tell me a song like, PINK is my favourite color= too gay, jmo. whoo hooo 5, 000 post & i got to dog the NEW arrowsmith, priceless, lmmfao.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 10:09 PM   #3
erl2589
Registered Member

They played some of the stuff from their CD coming next, had a blues sound to it. I liked it.

5000 posts, go man go!
Old 10-21-2003, 08:40 AM   #4
CobraJet428
Registered Member

Default Old School Rock and Roll is the best

Speaking of old school rock, that li'l ol' band from Texas, ZZ TOP,
has a new cd. It kicks!!! However, their best all-time album is Eliminator. It is one of the all-time greats. You can't beat "Sharp-Dressed Man", "Gimme All Your Lovin'", and "Legs."
I like Kiss and Aerosmith too.
Rice Haters Club Member #237
2007 Vista Blue Mustang GT Convertible w/black top and charcoal interior, 18-in. polished aluminum wheels.
1978 Ford F150 Ranger Longbed, 400M w/automatic and 2 fuel tanks...get the picture?
1993 Mustang GT Dark Blue/Grey 2-tone. Flowmaster Mufflers and blackouts on the headlights. RIP (10/31/99).
1968 Mustang 6 cyl/C4 automatic
1938 Ford Pickup, Flathead V8 (85HP) with granny 4-speed..a restoration work in progress.
CobraJet428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 12:01 PM   #5
Mass Stang
Registered Member

I saw that tour in Boston with Saliva. Kiss was great and Aerosmith rules !!!!!
Old 10-22-2003, 10:44 PM   #6
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Talking :)

Ya, they both played here too. I would have loved to go! When KISS first came out, I had the hots for Ace Frehely. (sp). Too bad they replaced him w/ someone else.
Seen ZZ Top 4 times over the past 20 years. They put on a bad *** show..The 'CONCRETE AND STEEL' Show was COOL...the things they did on stage w/ the hydrolic lift that went underground and brought them up, the the long Treadmill like walkway they kept walking on when they were playing was AWESOME! I went to the "Eliminator" show too. Frank Beard has a house about 25 minutes from here in Kemah.
They also did a private Concert for us attending a HAIR SHOW In Dallas about 8 or 9 years ago...they were our ENTERTAINMENT in a very small concert hall...We were so close, we could see the coke (as in Cain) bottle that they used for thier guitar pics.
I'll have to get thier new CD! Billy Gibbons is one TAAAALLLL SKIIIINNNNYYYYY guy!
TNT

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 11:24 PM   #7
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

Default Re: :)

Quote:
Originally posted by Topless In Texas
Ya, they both played here too. I would have loved to go! When KISS first came out, I had the hots for Ace Frehely. (sp). Too bad they replaced him w/ someone else.
Seen ZZ Top 4 times over the past 20 years. They put on a bad *** show..The 'CONCRETE AND STEEL' Show was COOL...the things they did on stage w/ the hydrolic lift that went underground and brought them up, the the long Treadmill like walkway they kept walking on when they were playing was AWESOME! I went to the "Eliminator" show too. Frank Beard has a house about 25 minutes from here in Kemah.
They also did a private Concert for us attending a HAIR SHOW In Dallas about 8 or 9 years ago...they were our ENTERTAINMENT in a very small concert hall...We were so close, we could see the coke (as in Cain) bottle that they used for thier guitar pics.
I'll have to get thier new CD! Billy Gibbons is one TAAAALLLL SKIIIINNNNYYYYY guy!
TNT
cc, ace frely is back with kiss now, last i heard. i think zz top's best album's were thier first three, l8ta.

R H C- member # 1
Old 10-23-2003, 01:22 PM   #8
CobraJet428
Registered Member

Quote:
Seen ZZ Top 4 Times over the past 20 years
I saw them in '94 in Columbia,SC (Antenna Tour). A buddy of mine was working at the Holiday Inn across from the Carolina Coliseum and got us backstage passes. Billy, Dusty and the 3 dancing girls came back stage, shook hands, and signed autographs. Frank Beard did not come backstage. It was one heck of a show. I have heard the new CD...plan to buy it this weekend.
2007 Vista Blue Mustang GT Convertible w/black top and charcoal interior, 18-in. polished aluminum wheels.
1978 Ford F150 Ranger Longbed, 400M w/automatic and 2 fuel tanks...get the picture?
1993 Mustang GT Dark Blue/Grey 2-tone. Flowmaster Mufflers and blackouts on the headlights. RIP (10/31/99).
1938 Ford Pickup, Flathead V8 (85HP) with granny 4-speed..a restoration work in progress.
Old 10-23-2003, 09:59 PM   #9
Snakeman
Registered Member

Jethro Tull 5x
Yes - saw them when Rick Wakeman was with them during their first iteration.
Grateful Dead 4x
Aerosmith once
Kansas point of know return tour
Donovan
Styx - grand illusion
ted nugent and many others @ Cal Jam 2
Cheap trick
Old 10-23-2003, 10:10 PM   #10
erl2589
Registered Member

Van Halen is still my favorite, saw them twice, once with Sam and once with Dave. Saw the Roth and Hagar show too. Dave was burnt but Sammy still Rocks. Does anyone have Eddies phone number, let's call him and tell him to pull his head out!
Old 10-24-2003, 12:15 AM   #11
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

really old school rock, heheh, an old bastid like me know's, old grand funk rail road , not the locomotion crap, the first three or 4 blue oyster cult album's, one bad azz song, the last day's of may. , what about rainbow - old deep purple member's, black oak arkansas, before the stupid, jim dandy to the rescue, any hendrix, old - humble pie, smokin was the best album, god i'm old.

R H C- member # 1
Old 10-24-2003, 12:18 PM   #12
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

Quote:
Originally posted by Crazy Horse GT
really old school rock, heheh, an old bastid like me know's, old grand funk rail road , not the locomotion crap, the first three or 4 blue oyster cult album's, one bad azz song, the last day's of may. , what about rainbow - old deep purple member's, black oak arkansas, before the stupid, jim dandy to the rescue, any hendrix, old - humble pie, smokin was the best album, god i'm old.
I think I read about some of those bands in American history

-Josh, aka the tireburner

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2003, 03:11 AM   #13
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by tireburner163
I think I read about some of those bands in American history

where have you been hiding punk, lol.

R H C- member # 1
Old 10-25-2003, 11:09 AM   #14
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

Quote:
Originally posted by Crazy Horse GT
where have you been hiding punk, lol.
I'm still around old man

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2003, 12:02 PM   #15
HotRoddin
cranky old man

Default Re: Old School Rock n Roll

Quote:
Originally posted by erl2589
These guys are ancient but what a show!
Old school rock huh ... ok i'm gonna really date myself but how bout 3 dog night (use to watch them every sat cause they played at a little club down the street back before they made gold records) ... Eric Burden and the Animals along with Jimi Hendrix in Anaheim ... Fleetwood Mac a couple times, once with Kenny Loggins at University California Santa Barbara (What an incredibly beautiful campus right on the ocean!) ... Beach Boys in Denver ... Queen in Long Beach ... Styx and Linda Rhondstat (sp) at the forum ... Cars at the forum ... Jethro Tull i think at the forum ? lol Lots of others i can't remember, probably because of the pall of funny smelling smoke around my head at the time
Under Construction: 64 Falcon 372 cu in. stroker 1:72 rod ratio 6.250" rods (long rod), Comp Cams XE274 230/236 520/526 @ .050, Scorpion Rollers, Roush 200 irons, 10:1 Keith Blacks, Hedman long tubes, 750 Holley DP, Edelbrock Victor Jr., C4 3500 stall, gears and tires to be anounced.
HotRoddin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2003, 01:25 PM   #16
erl2589
Registered Member

Quote:
Old school rock huh ... ok i'm gonna really date myself
Dang, any older and we'd need carbon dating! I thought I was old (I guess I am). I can pick up my favorite CD's now at garage sales for two bucks.
erl2589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 04:24 AM   #17
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Talking Old hippies..

I've seen quite a variety over my last 38 years. Heres what I remember...(some i might have been incoherant. ) lol and I'm sure I prolly forgot some too.

AC/DC :twice (Hell's Bell's was AWESOME..they had this HUGE BELL come down and ding)...and at the "For those about to Rock" they had these cannons shoot off...it was sooooooo cool!

ZZTop: 4 times cant say enough. they are awesome, and they always have cool **** in thier show. And Frank Beard lives about 20 minutes from me.

Journey/cant remember who was with them.

Hewey Lewis and the News...(dont laugh, I like them!) hes cute

REO Speedwagon/Survivor

Oakridge Boys...(ya, I know...ya'll prolly are not old enough to know who they are, but in the 80's they had some of the best country!) lol. We got drunker than hell at that concert at the "SUMMIT" (about to become a new CHURCH) I was still in High School...about 23 years ago.

George Strait 6 times. Once at the Huntsville Prison Rodeo w/ the inmates, and once at GILLEYS...before he (and Gilley's) was big..I got snapshots of him I was 6 feet from the stage. (yes, im old) and yes, it burned down (Gilleys). I never did ride that damn mechanical bull...and thats when we hung out there in the "Urban Cowboy" days....

TEXXASS JAM/ASTRODOME/HOUSTON: Ted Nugent, Uriah Heep, Truimph, STYX, and Sammy Hagar...(can you say opium?) Think this was in '82, I'd have to look at my tank top to be for sure, i still wear it. lol

Sawyer Brown...Back in them old KIKKIN" days (again, the 80's)

Hank Williams Jr. Hes a legend...

Jerry Jeff Walker...(Up against a wall Red Neck Muther)

Don Wiliams
Steve Wariner...again....he was one of my favorites in the 80's , seen him 3 times. Once up close and personal at a local dive.

Alambama: saw them 3 times..the last being last year here in Houston at the Rodeo for thier 'Farewell performance" It was AWESOME...again. ...the good old days, and the first year for the Rodeo in our new RELIANT CENTER.

THE STONES TWICE..I was a Stones groupie from 6th grade to present...
and also the "New Barbarians" which consisted of Keith Richards and Ronnie Wood from the Stones and some other guys. I was in 8th grade then. Keith was my MAN! lol...I think that was in 1978....Had them bell bottom courourys going.. lol

Keith Urban..(god, hes soooo hot. Aussie, country ,blonde. )ummm, and MONTGOMERY GENTRY, and BROOKS AND DUNN... AND TOBY KEITH...They were all together, and the were awesome! (couple of years ago at the Woodlans Pavillion) Rained like hell. but we had GREAT seats under the pavillion!
and most recently:
Matchbox 20/TRAIN...they KICKED ***! I LOVE TRAIN...Pat (the lead singer) is a babe. And they have GREAT MUSIC!! Their last two cd's are awsome, if you have not heard them, I suggest you get them.

KID ROCK...I think Pam is giving him the SHAFT! Shes a fool to dump him again for Tommy. I love the Kid....Even got a Kid Rock Thong. lol

My only regret: I did not EVER get to See Stevie Ray Vaughn....he died waaaaay too soon. And I was SOOOO close to seeing him! And, I would like to see the Eagles and WhiteSnake sometime. And would have loved to have seen Cheap Trick and U2... Maybe some day....
Im sure I missed some...
TNT

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 08:14 AM   #18
CobraJet428
Registered Member

Default Stevie Ray Vaughn

Stevie Ray Vaughn is awesome. I have most of his cd's. If you ever go to Memphis, go to BB King's Blues Club on Beale Street.
He has one of Stevie's guitars in a glass case, plus another autographed by Billy, Dusty, and Frank(ZZTop), plus another autographed by George Throrgood. If you like good live music, go to BB King's Blues Club...good food AND good music.

You actually could spend a whole week on Beale Street going to different clubs and hearing some dang good music.

Last edited by CobraJet428; 10-28-2003 at 09:50 AM..