View Single Post
Old 10-27-2003, 04:24 AM   #17
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Talking Old hippies..

I've seen quite a variety over my last 38 years. Heres what I remember...(some i might have been incoherant. ) lol and I'm sure I prolly forgot some too.

AC/DC :twice (Hell's Bell's was AWESOME..they had this HUGE BELL come down and ding)...and at the "For those about to Rock" they had these cannons shoot off...it was sooooooo cool!

ZZTop: 4 times cant say enough. they are awesome, and they always have cool **** in thier show. And Frank Beard lives about 20 minutes from me.

Journey/cant remember who was with them.

Hewey Lewis and the News...(dont laugh, I like them!) hes cute

REO Speedwagon/Survivor

Oakridge Boys...(ya, I know...ya'll prolly are not old enough to know who they are, but in the 80's they had some of the best country!) lol. We got drunker than hell at that concert at the "SUMMIT" (about to become a new CHURCH) I was still in High School...about 23 years ago.

George Strait 6 times. Once at the Huntsville Prison Rodeo w/ the inmates, and once at GILLEYS...before he (and Gilley's) was big..I got snapshots of him I was 6 feet from the stage. (yes, im old) and yes, it burned down (Gilleys). I never did ride that damn mechanical bull...and thats when we hung out there in the "Urban Cowboy" days....

TEXXASS JAM/ASTRODOME/HOUSTON: Ted Nugent, Uriah Heep, Truimph, STYX, and Sammy Hagar...(can you say opium?) Think this was in '82, I'd have to look at my tank top to be for sure, i still wear it. lol

Sawyer Brown...Back in them old KIKKIN" days (again, the 80's)

Hank Williams Jr. Hes a legend...

Jerry Jeff Walker...(Up against a wall Red Neck Muther)

Don Wiliams
Steve Wariner...again....he was one of my favorites in the 80's , seen him 3 times. Once up close and personal at a local dive.

Alambama: saw them 3 times..the last being last year here in Houston at the Rodeo for thier 'Farewell performance" It was AWESOME...again. ...the good old days, and the first year for the Rodeo in our new RELIANT CENTER.

THE STONES TWICE..I was a Stones groupie from 6th grade to present...
and also the "New Barbarians" which consisted of Keith Richards and Ronnie Wood from the Stones and some other guys. I was in 8th grade then. Keith was my MAN! lol...I think that was in 1978....Had them bell bottom courourys going.. lol

Keith Urban..(god, hes soooo hot. Aussie, country ,blonde. )ummm, and MONTGOMERY GENTRY, and BROOKS AND DUNN... AND TOBY KEITH...They were all together, and the were awesome! (couple of years ago at the Woodlans Pavillion) Rained like hell. but we had GREAT seats under the pavillion!
and most recently:
Matchbox 20/TRAIN...they KICKED ***! I LOVE TRAIN...Pat (the lead singer) is a babe. And they have GREAT MUSIC!! Their last two cd's are awsome, if you have not heard them, I suggest you get them.

KID ROCK...I think Pam is giving him the SHAFT! Shes a fool to dump him again for Tommy. I love the Kid....Even got a Kid Rock Thong. lol

My only regret: I did not EVER get to See Stevie Ray Vaughn....he died waaaaay too soon. And I was SOOOO close to seeing him! And, I would like to see the Eagles and WhiteSnake sometime. And would have loved to have seen Cheap Trick and U2... Maybe some day....
Im sure I missed some...
TNT

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote