MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Blue Oval Lounge (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   omg...the 2005 stang in silver...and appears to be fastback style (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=32873)

SinisterSN95 01-06-2003 12:52 AM

omg...the 2005 stang in silver...and appears to be fastback style

rear doesnt look all bad...sorta reminds me of an older Cougar or Shelby stang

BOOST gauge in the center console :D

mmmmmmmmm 400 hp sc/d 4.6

all the pics are here -
http://www.mustangworks.com/articles...tang_Concepts/

i only pray i could come up with the money for one of these...and no V6 either :)

2FastLX 01-06-2003 02:31 AM

What would you call that? It's retro, but also looks futuristic. Retruturistic?

I like this a bit more than the vert version. The tail lights look better on this car to me for some reason also. But I still think actual 65/68 tail lights would fit this car better.

Also, how would you like to have to change the spark plugs on that beast! :D

0h n0 5.0 01-06-2003 03:26 AM

ooo boy do I love this shot...:D

Damn, thats sweet!! can't wait to see what goodies saleen, steeda an roush come up with, cause Thats a Bad *** pony!!:cool::cool:

tireburner163 01-06-2003 03:26 AM

Way better than the vert, but still only a concept. Anyone remember the MachIII?

cyberstang5.0 01-06-2003 08:16 AM

Looks good to me :), but Ford needs to something with that UGLY interior!!! http://www.westsidemustangs.com/foru...miles/puke.gif

jj_jonathon 01-06-2003 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by 2FastLX
What would you call that? It's retro, but also looks futuristic. Retruturistic?
according to motor trend's january issue, it's a retrofuturist design...good guess.. :)

the concepts are actually supercharged too...they put out 400hp, 390 torque..coupe has a 6speed, vert a 5speed auto...

should see whether or not the numbers hold...hrmm...and i havent seen anything in the works for a v6 model...i coulda sworn they were trying to make a new distinction between the two...like the foxbody era...we shal see...

i still say those rear lights and interior are horrid....

SinisterSN95 01-06-2003 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by jj_jonathon

i still say those rear lights and interior are horrid....

how about these taillights? (photoshopped) :D

http://www.rit.edu/~bxw3064/cars/images/2005tail.jpg :D

jj_jonathon 01-06-2003 11:53 AM

wow...thats definetly better...great job! :)

cyberstang5.0 01-06-2003 12:01 PM

Quote:

wow...thats definetly better...great job! :)
I agree:D

jj_jonathon 01-06-2003 01:28 PM

if it were to look like that pic with the redone tail lights and have much nicer interior....id be dying for one...this retrofuturist model they have is very very badass to look at...2005...hrmm..i graduate 2006...doubt i could afford two stangs right out of college...lol..cuz i dont wana drop the one i have now either...lol...oh well...

1969Mach1 01-06-2003 01:40 PM

I don't think that is to bad looking. I don't mind the interior that much, not the nicest thing but I think it would look nice in black. And those 'new' rear lights look pretty sweet! And is this the first Mustang to seat just two? I guess that is kinda cool. It must be pretty light. I more importantly want to know how much it will cost. :D :D

§am.

MTU 50 01-06-2003 01:50 PM

I told you guys that you would like the coupe a lot more than the vert. I bet the production model will look even better and I am sure the interior will be somewhat different. The dash outline will probably stay the same, but there certainly won't be all of that machined/handcrafted aluminum in there.

It is a good time to be a Mustang fan.

MTU 50 01-06-2003 01:52 PM

I also bet the taillights will look similar to what SinisterSN95 photoshopped. Those look very nice on there.

jj_jonathon 01-06-2003 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by MTU 50
I told you guys that you would like the coupe a lot more than the vert.
in fact i think the vert is really damn sweet too...i LOVE the rollbar...theyve finally started to make verts safer...still makes me nervous in mine...i never wanna do a roll over with a passenger...without one i can just lay across...

MTU 50 01-06-2003 02:26 PM

Quote:

in fact i think the vert is really damn sweet too...i LOVE the rollbar...theyve finally started to make verts safer...still makes me nervous in mine...i never wanna do a roll over with a passenger...without one i can just lay across...

I don't dislike the vert, I just prefer coupes and I knew it would look better.

jj_jonathon 01-06-2003 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by MTU 50
I don't dislike the vert, I just prefer coupes and I knew it would look better.
im just a diehard vert fan :)

MidNiteBlu 5.0 01-06-2003 02:30 PM

I think i actually am starting to like it now. The part I dont really like is the front. It seems too agressive for me, but i doubt that it would make production looking like that, but you never know.

The 3/4 view from the back makes it kinda look like the new 350Z in a little. pretty cool. :cool:

Capri306 01-06-2003 02:37 PM

I'll have to clean the drool off my keyboard after I type this out!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Good God, this is a Mustang I'm looking forward to seeing and buying! Everybody hopefully knows that the interior ALWAYS changes some way from concept to production. Although, it was encouraging to hear from Ford execs that the development is 95% completed as you see it. The interior needs just a VERY small amount of work. It appears it takes the styling cues from a '65 Mustang (the lines and circular shapes), and mixes it with modern/futuristic coloring and design. OF COURSE it's going to be different for production! That dash was probably made back in September.

I give PhotoShop props to SinisterSN95 for the taillights. Very nice! As you know too, the taillight assembly will change before production. Regardless, great work. :D

Here's my overall assessment:
One thing on the car that MUST NOT CHANGE is the B-pillar scoop!!! That HAS TO STAY!!! That's what sets off the car's side styling for me, into the "retro" look. The lines of the car are beautiful, indeed. They finally ALMOST got that hood to protrude past the bumper! That just gives it that "mean as hell" look, IMHO. :D Front bumper could use a *little* touchup, though. Close to what I'd want to see, but not quite. Same for the hood.....but that leaves more for the aftermarket to cover. ;)

SinisterSN95 01-06-2003 03:20 PM

whoa! just noticed something...check out the resemblance between eleanor and the 05!? :eek:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/darkhorsegt281/053.jpg

thanks for the compliments :D

staticfade2 01-06-2003 03:44 PM

I think This is one of the best looking late model Mustangs to date there is obvious influance from GT500's and The rear Lights are the same as 69 Shelby Cobra and In My Opinion Look Awesome it Brings back the styling of the Older Model Classics, when I brought the Shelby Light comparrison up to a friend He Had a whole different opinion on How they Looked , I Like the Photoshop Job too, But I don't see anything wrong with the lights the way they are , Now the interior is a different story Thats just Ugly, when Exterior design is retro thats Awesome, But why step back with Interior design? it looks retro but not in a good way But thats just one Mans opinion :cool: