View Single Post
Old 01-06-2003, 02:37 PM   #18
Capri306

I'll have to clean the drool off my keyboard after I type this out!!!!!!!!

Good God, this is a Mustang I'm looking forward to seeing and buying! Everybody hopefully knows that the interior ALWAYS changes some way from concept to production. Although, it was encouraging to hear from Ford execs that the development is 95% completed as you see it. The interior needs just a VERY small amount of work. It appears it takes the styling cues from a '65 Mustang (the lines and circular shapes), and mixes it with modern/futuristic coloring and design. OF COURSE it's going to be different for production! That dash was probably made back in September.

I give PhotoShop props to SinisterSN95 for the taillights. Very nice! As you know too, the taillight assembly will change before production. Regardless, great work.

Here's my overall assessment:
One thing on the car that MUST NOT CHANGE is the B-pillar scoop!!! That HAS TO STAY!!! That's what sets off the car's side styling for me, into the "retro" look. The lines of the car are beautiful, indeed. They finally ALMOST got that hood to protrude past the bumper! That just gives it that "mean as hell" look, IMHO. Front bumper could use a *little* touchup, though. Close to what I'd want to see, but not quite. Same for the hood.....but that leaves more for the aftermarket to cover.

1979 Mercury Capri
1987 5.0L Mustang LX Notchback
1993 5.8L Eddie Bauer Bronco
Capri306 is offline   Reply With Quote