MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-04-2002, 12:59 AM   #1
MidNiteBlu 5.0
I got something to say

Talking Ozzfest Review Time

Well that was the best concert I have ever been to (being that it was my first There is awesome energy when you get 23 bands playing in one day. Well here will be my reviews of all the bands that I saw just in case you guys wanna check them out

SIDESTAGE

Andrew W.K. - Didnt get there in time to see them

Switched - same as above

Glassjaw - We got there pretty much halfway through their show. They sounded pretty good.

Seether - We didnt really see them cause we went and walked around a bit

Mushroomhead - Awesome band. Kinda looks like Slipknot and musically kinda similar. If you dont like the Hard stuff you wont like them hehe. But they were probably the loudest band on the sidestage.

Used - They were ok. We were pretty close to them. They are pretty much what you would call a nu-metal band like adema

The Apex Theory - I liked them alot. They are pretty well known too so you guys may have heard of them.

Neurotica - Didnt see them. Went shopping lol.

Chevelle - Cool name hehe. They were pretty good but they werent anything special in my book.

Lostprophets - Awesome band!! I cant really describe how they are except that they have really good energy live and they have great songs. We were right in the front row too Highly recommended to DL or buy thier cd.

Ill Nino - Didnt see them. My friends said they werent that great

Pulse Ultra - We didnt see nino, pulse or the next band because we were all getting drinks and sitting in the shade lol. Thats what 100 degree dry san Diego weather gives ya.

Meshuggah - didnt see em

Hatebreed - Great live band if you like Pantera style music. Really great for getting the crowd going crazy. Again we were right in front jumping up and down like crazy. I would say they were probably the most heavy and powerful band on the sidestage.

Down - Sopposedly the head liners of the sidestage I thought they sucked. They seemed to feel like they are better than everyone else and are the type of band that will stop playing if they dont like the crowd.

MAINSTAGE

Otep - Didnt see them because they were done by the time we got from the sidestage to the lawn for the mainstage

Black Label Society - Zakk Wyldes (guitarist for Ozzy) side project band. They were pretty damn good i thought. And Zakk is one hell of a guitar player.

Adema - They were pretty cool i guess. I am not really that into them otherwise so that could be why

Tommy Lee - Unfortuanetely he was picked to fill in for Drowning Pool after the lead singer died Pretty much everyone there thought he sucked and i agree. thumbs Down

P.O.D. - Awesome. didnt really get the crowd going crazy but got them screaming. This might have something to do with the concert being held n the exact same part of San Diego that they grew up in (Chula Vista) Crowd went crazy right before they started playing Southtown and Sunny remarked how he can walk to his house from the amphitheatre

Rob Zombie - Wow is all i have to say. He really picked up where POD left off and really got the crowd screaming and jumping. Played all his kickass songs from rob zombie and white zombie days (more human than human, superbeast etc) I had no idea he was as great an entertainer live as he is.

System of a Down - Well as you guys have probably already known they are one of my favorite bands. And Dark i dont know what happened at your show but they were ******* awesome live just as their reputation claims them to be. My friends and I are all huge fans and we just went crazy when they were on stage and I think we scared some of the other people. The guitarist even played and sung a portion of Kansas' Dust in the wind which i thought was kinda cool. Another interesting thing was that they played half of sugar then went into prison song then played the other half of sugar, kinda odd but cool. I wonder how it feels to have the whole crowd singing along with you while you perform?

Ozzy Osbourne - OMG that intro of him in paradys of pop videos was so fuckin funny!!!! Well Ozzy may be old but he sure as hell can sing for an hour and a half!! Ozzy is just badass plain and simple. Oh and did I mention Zakk Wylde is an AWESOME ******* guitar player? I dont know if I have heard anyone better in a long time. Especially after his nonstop TEN MINUTE guitar solo!!! Two words came to my friends words as we listened...HOLY ****.

Well I had a awesome time. it was really a blast. The sad thing is sopposedly 2002 may be the last year for Ozzfest.

Well I commend you guys if you read all of my rambling and opinions of these bands.

Later,
Nick
1987 Toyota Pickup
Ricer Haters Club Member #33

Want a custom gauge cluster for your Vintage Mustang?
www.jmeenterprises.com
MidNiteBlu 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2002, 01:57 AM   #2
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

I am so upset that I couldn't get off work to go see that!
Glad ya had a good time though! I'm jealous!!!
Old 09-04-2002, 02:33 AM   #3
Crazy Horse GT
Registered Member

sounded like fun, i have still yet to get system of a down, i wanna get it, i love chop suey, cya.

04 sonic blue v - six my beater
89 rs camaro iroc turbo hood, other stuff, my wifes ride
84 lx stang cammed up 289 hi po, etc
65 falcon, maybe by the year 2020.

black 00gt, gone but never forgotten.

R H C- member # 1
o.b.c. da prez- member # 1 if your under 40 dont ask.
goodbye for now odie,r.i.p. 11-27-03
Crazy Horse GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2002, 08:55 AM   #4
MTU 50
GOT TORQUE ????

OZZY Rules! We need the headbang smiley.
190 LPH fuel pump, 3-row radiator,
Maximum Motorsports full length subframes

2002 Oldsmobile Bravada(wife's car)
2005 Ford Taurus SEL (company ride)

GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS !!!!
MTU 50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2002, 12:59 PM   #5
andy669
Registered Member

I didnt even realize that Zakk Wylde was playing with Ozzy live still, thats pretty cool. I thought that with the forming of Black Label Society Zakk wouldnt have time to play for Ozzy too. But now that you mention it, it all makes perfect sense.

It sounds like an awesome time was had by all! I am so jealous!

Andy

91 LX NMRA Pure Street 5120
andy669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2002, 03:24 PM   #6
nickj8685
Registered Member

Location: Russellville MO, where men are men and sheep are scared

You didn't miss anything when you missed Switched. I thought they sucked along with Adema but that's just my opinion.
nickj8685 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2002, 06:16 PM   #7
MidNiteBlu 5.0
I got something to say

Quote:
Originally posted by nickj8685
You didn't miss anything when you missed Switched. I thought they sucked along with Adema but that's just my opinion.
Well thats good hehe. yeah i dont care much for Adema but my friends do. I dont know why i just dont lol.

The sidestage bands that I really liked and came home and downloaded music was - glassjaw,mushroomhead,lostprophets,apex theory and hatebreed
1987 Toyota Pickup
Ricer Haters Club Member #33

Want a custom gauge cluster for your Vintage Mustang?
www.jmeenterprises.com
MidNiteBlu 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote