MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-14-2001, 10:59 PM   #1
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Thumbs up New Patriotic Sig!

Go Navy!

------------------
Adam "Hammer" Packett:
Moderator, Gulf War Veteran
GO GET 'EM BOYS!
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2001, 11:43 PM   #2
mustang marty gt

right ,on 6 year's navy & 6 year's national gaurd -activated for gulf war. go navy , army , air force & marine's get them boy's , im done with my time but if they need me i'm ready to rock, just give me , my m-60 back .good luck to all our active duty, & reserve's i wish you well , give them hell, i know you can , salute esp to our enlisted, just hope you have good officer's to lead you !

------------------
Old 09-15-2001, 12:33 AM   #3
Capri306

Talking

HELL YEAH!

Kick-@ss sig, Hammer!

FWIW, I am yet another American whom wishes he could go but can't (medical sh*t). I'm not letting that get me down though, I'm doing everything I can here on the homefront!!!

------------------
Capri306, Moderator, The Mustang Works Online
"PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!!!"
Capri306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2001, 04:57 AM   #4
69fastback
IRAQ VET

Smile

Those sigs are cool as hell Hammer and Capri. We really do appreciate all the support from everyone. Hey marty forget that m 60 we got the 240B now to shot of those .776 rounds u would much rather have one of those. Don't worry about those dang officers NCOs lead the way. hoaaaaaaaaaah.
SGT. ANDERSON US ARMY.

------------------
69 428 cobra jet: tons of mods.
97 f-150 5.4 xlt mark III
BUCKLE UP. SUCK IT IN.
Objects in the mirror are about to disappear...
QUICKLY!!!!!!

69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2001, 01:58 PM   #5
Power
Registered Member

Well, I'm within 30 days of my exit date. Been wrestling with this monkey on my back. Should I re-enlist or not????

I would like to especially hear from you vets.

I'm leaning toward re-enlisting, but that changes my whole life plan.

Let me know.........

Hey 69fastback, didn't you mean 7.62 for the 240B??

You getting too excited brother and typing too fast.

You an 11B20 or 11B2V??

[This message has been edited by Power (edited 09-15-2001).]
Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2001, 02:23 PM   #6
95mustanggt
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by Hammer:
Go Navy!

Love the sig man!

Hey you back from DC? I would like to hear your thoughts on all this stuff.

------------------
1995 Mustang GT
95mustanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2001, 02:59 PM   #7
Hammer
AKA "Dr. Evil"

Cool

Yea, I'm back...
Its really wierd, I left DC the day before the attack. The store I was supporting was right ACROSS the street from the side of the Pentagon that was hit. Probably a 1/4 mile from the impact. We're lucky that the store took no damage....
Even though I'm originally from the area, I tried to see the sites as I haven't been there for about 3 years. To think that they could have gotten to our national treasures like the Capitol, White House, Washington Monument, and the National Archives (Home of the Constitution and Declaration of Independance) pisses me off. I've always thought that the airspace above Washington should be a MOA (Military Operations Area) and off limits to civilian use. If that means that Washington-Reagan Airport goes bye-bye, so be it. (There's always Dulles International down the road...)

With all that said, I got stuck in Des Moines, Iowa at the second store. I drove back to Dallas and got home early Friday Morning...

As far as what is going to go down...
I see 2 options, neither of them good. But unfortunately these idiotic terrorists have pretty much given us no choice...
Whoever is responsible for this, (currently looking like Bin Ladin) and his major leiutenants are DEFINATELY going to die. I hope they're looking forward to paradise, 'cause they've just bought a one way ticket.

After the organization is identified, the United States and coalition forces will attack with all assets including air and land units. Effectively wiping out the primary cell. From there it will be an ongoing campaign to eliminate any other major cells overseas. Even though we will try very hard to limit collateral damage and loss of life, the US will be "condemned" for its actions (funny huh...)

The 2 paths after this are as follows:

1. There will be a lot of yelling and screaming at the US but no major military threats other than the unfortunate continuing of the terrorist battle here at home. Whether we like it or not, they are here, and we'd better take it a hell of a lot more seriously than the "war on drugs".

2. Several minor governments and remaining terrorist cells will mount a serious threat to the US including weapons of mass destruction (ever hear of suitcase nukes?), which will start an escalation of damage to both the US and enemy assets. (including more civilian targets here in the states and to our allies)

I believe we can win either scenario if the American people show the resolve needed, but the cost would be much higher in option #2. Make no mistake about it, we're at war with an enemy who hides in the shadows, who uses women and children as shields, and has no respect for human rights or liberties. They won't come out in the open like the Nazis did.... So it looks like we'll just have to flush 'em out with a little napalm and lots of intel. If you're just graduating high school or college and if you want to help, we'll need lots of help at the CIA and NSA, as humint (human intelligence) will make all the difference.

May God bless our great country and have mercy on our enemies, I know we won't...

------------------
Adam "Hammer" Packett:
Moderator, Gulf War Veteran
GO GET 'EM BOYS!

[This message has been edited by Hammer (edited 09-15-2001).]
Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2001, 03:42 PM   #8
mustang marty gt

hey hammer , how many year's do you have in? that is one cosideration i have 12 but got out in 96 , i should have stayed in the navy i would have retited last april ,duhh but i was young ,and had been at sea for 6 year's i was going to re-up but they would not give me any land time i had to stay , on my tin can 2 more year's to get land time so i told them to stick it. now for the real dumb story after ,a year as a civ i thought i would join the national guard ,doh! 1 week after i raised my little right hand sodamn insane took kuwait so off, i go i now have gulf war syndrom as do some of my freind's a few have already died most of them younger than me, so as for my opinion get out. it's up to you though. see ya, i'm not anti military or anything everyone in service has my total backing, & respect god bless you all.

------------------