MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 12-29-2002, 08:33 AM   #1
chuck88
Registered Member

Question Parents, strange thing happened

I was watching my son (17 months old) when for some strange reason I looked out the window and I saw a little boy (3years old maybe less) walking up the street with a blanket and a "Bob the Builder" doll. Shoeless and coatless in the snow. No Parents!!!!!!!! Where were they?????? I waited a second or two opened the door and ran into the street good thing I did, a car was coming. I asked the little boy where is your mommy he turned and pointed down the street. We walked about 1/2 mile when two young girls come out of the house, and they didnt even now he was missing. they thanked me and were concerned about the little boy. This is the same house where their dog constantly gets out and does his buisness on everybodies lawn.

How could these people let their kid who can't even reach a doorknob get out of the house? I never saw the parents, I hope they were not trusting the young girls to watch this kid.

Chuck 88GT

Wife, 2 kids, busy job, "fixer upper" house, and I still have time for the Mustang!!!

I Love my kids!!!
chuck88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2002, 09:25 AM   #2
PKRWUD

You have to pass a test to get a drivers license, but any a$shole can have a kid. I hate hearing stuff like that. Some people should just not reproduce.

Thank God you were doing what you were, when you were, or that poor kid could have become a statistic.

Good job!

People suck.

Take care,
~Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2002, 12:29 PM   #3
Janeofalltrades

chuck88 good job!...Poor little guy. I lived in a neighborhood where parents felt OK just letting the kids do what they wanted, with little or no supervision. Sadest part is older childred ususally become the partent by "watching" their siblings. Even worse, half the time the parents would just open the garage doors to let all their children out while "good old Jenn" was out...They NEVER EVEN ASKED.No helmets, safety gear, only me out trying to keep track of 5 - 10 children....Assumed that I was happy taking the responsibility to watch their children...So being me..I had to tell them what I thought ..They NEVER did that again..LOL

Chris is correct..any moron can pro-create but we need a license to drive, get married, own a business. Hell, with cars and businesses, you are required to register them yearly...All we do as a country is a take a lame census every couple years...Just to check numbers...

Sad society friend..Thanks for being one of the good guys....

~Jenn~
Old 12-29-2002, 05:46 PM   #4
srv1
Get down.....

Exclamation

rule of thumb: If you can't take care of a dog, then you absolutely can't take care of a child.

smart move Chuck!
Old 12-30-2002, 07:56 AM   #5
chuck88
Registered Member

My wife came up with a good idea if it happens again she suggetss calling the cops or social services and report a found child. Maybe then the parents will learn a lesson. I know that this is only the first offense (there never should be a first offense) but I have the feeling it will happen again. Like janeof all trades pointed out its not my responsability to raise your kids. I was watching my son if my wife was not home I would have neglected my son for a few minutes to take care of thier kid and you know what a 17 month old can do in a few minutes!!!!!!!!!LOL

Chuck 88GT

Wife, 2 kids, busy job, "fixer upper" house, and I still have time for the Mustang!!!

I Love my kids!!!
chuck88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 03:21 PM   #6
XR1stang
Registered Member

you never know if this was a "first offense" or not, just that this is the first time that YOU have seen it happen.

I would suggest going to talk with the parents to let them know what happened, find out the real deal, and "assess" the situation with the household. I would have personally climbed all up someones butt for that and probably would have called social services and let them handle it. I don't brook people neglecting children, and if this child was as small as you say then there is no reason they should have ever been outside or even able to reach a door knob. I'm glad you were there or we could have been seeing this childs face and information on the news.

XR1stang