MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Poll: what should I do with the GT?
Poll Options
what should I do with the GT?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-31-2003, 09:56 AM   #1
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

Default Part out my GT or fix it???

Ok, as most of you know I have a 91 Mustang GT vert that I bought wrecked and was gonna fix. However I'm now thinking about just swaping all the motor, tranny, etc stuff over to the LX.

The GT's frame is bent, it also needs body work because the the body pannels don't line up worth ****. Also it has new paint.....but it's a cheapo job that was shot on ultra thick. And of course it will need paint. Also it's been wrecked several times before. Also in general the GT is trashier than the LX condition wise.

The LX has a nearly straight body (coupe of dings) and has never been wrecked. It's also in pretty damn good condition. I've got a bud who's a mechanic and he said that if I brought him LX the with the brakes, rear-end, and pedal assembly from the GT already in, he would yank the motor/tranny from the LX, and yank the motor/tranny from the GT and put the GT's motor in the LX. He would also install the gauge cluster and wiring harness/eec. Drop it off on Friday afternoon, pick it up on Sunday night. All for $400

So I'm thinking about swapping the stuff over to the LX and then parting out the GT. There is a lot of good stuff I could sell off of it. top, top motors, front cap, GT effects, rear bumper, deck lid, interior, etc. This would leave me some money to save and/or mod the LX up with.

On the flip side, while the LX would be faster and nicer, it wouldn't be a vert. Also I wouldn't have a toy anymore, right now the LX is my daily driver and the GT is like a toy. If I swap the motor into my LX, it will have to be my daily driver and toy.

What do you guys think?

1998 HD Electra Elide
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote