MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 11-28-2002, 02:10 AM   #1
mean81GT
Registered Member

Default Paypal

i am new to the ebay world. everyone wants paypal, hardly anyone has any other payment options. I am basically asking you folks for opinions. Horror stories? good experiences? I here alot of negative things about Paypal, but then i hear just as much positive. People that i ask on there love it if they have it, hate it if they don't.
Old 11-28-2002, 02:46 AM   #2
PKRWUD

IMO, PayPal ROCKS! It makes life so much easier, and acts as proof that a payment was sent and received. There really is no downside that I am aware of if you're the buyer, but if you're the seller, they take a small percentage of the money you receive. This isn't a big deal if you're selling stuff for $10 or more, but if you're selling a bunch of stuff for $1 or less, it will really cut into your money. The biggest advantage for using PayPal as a seller is it takes away the time during which many winners will change their mind. When the auction ends, the winner gets notified right away, and they usually will pay for it through PayPal as soon as they get the email, whereas without PayPal, the winner will often change their mind about buying it between the time they win the auction and mail the money order.

My eBay rating is over 460, but I've been involved in over 600 transactions, both buying and selling, and I use PayPal every chance I get.

Take care,
~Chris
Peckerwoods Pit Stop

Support Your Local
RED & WHITE!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2002, 02:49 AM   #3
mean81GT
Registered Member

dude, thanks for the input. i have used it three times as a buyer so far (my rating is a measely 4) but i'm new. I was hoping i didn't get myself into a big mess, but itsounds like it will all be ok...thanks again.
Old 11-28-2002, 04:15 AM   #4
Topless In Texas
Not broken anymore!

Thumbs up PAYPALPAYPALPAYPALPAYPALPAYPAL

UMM...I no stranger to Ebay...been a member for about 2 years. Ive been Xmas and Bday shopping for about a month now on Ebay, as usual this time of year and have dropped about $800. MOST of it I do thru PAYPAL...
it is secure, and I was one of the BIGGEST sceptics about the money thing over the internet....its easy, convenient, and makes it easy to track whats going on and whats paid for if youve bid and won so much stuff you cant keep up!!!!!!!! I just bought one of the most AWESOME things I've ever seen on Ebay and w/ shipping it cost almost $400.... SSMOOOOOTH TRANSACTION! AND...you will find things on EBAY that you will NEVER find anywhere else....
I always go to 'Ford Mustang' or 'Cobra'. Just make sure you got time to sit.....you'll be there all night...its addicting, but its GREAT for special gifts for enthusiasts you will find NO WHERE ELSE! Im at about 80 for my rating...but I'm not a seller...I just buy!
TNT

RICE HATERS CLUB MEMBER #38!!

O.B.C #5..thank you!! I feel so priveledged!!

BONE STOCK~ Hell, its a ROUSH!
Topless In Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2002, 10:26 AM   #5
lysacat
Registered Member

I LOVE ebay. And PayPal is great. I wish all of the sellers would take it. It's easy payment and you have proof you sent it and they received their payment. I just had to send a check to someone, I'm just praying they're good/honest people and they send me the product.
C-ya, melisa
Old 11-28-2002, 10:36 AM   #6
Maroon 5.0 LX
Registered Member

I've been using PayPal for a long time, and never a problem. Just don't leave a big balance in the account in case something goes haywire.
Maroon 5.0 LX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2002, 05:42 PM   #7
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

I use PayPal a lot. If I sell something and end up with money in my PayPal account I transfer it immediately to my bank account. That is unless I plan to buy something else. Have never had a problem with it.
Project: 1988 Coupe - EFI 5.8L Twin Turbo with Victor intake, Canfield heads, F303 cam, March aluminum underdrive pulleys, TKO (or T56 if funds permit), PBR twin piston calipers and 13" rotors up front, 94 Cobra rear calipers and 12" rotors on the rear, 3.73's, Griggs K-member, tubular front control arms, torque arm and panhard bar, polished 99 Cobra wheels.

"The GR-40 kit installation is now complete, and the humble Fox-chassis car will now out-corner and out-stop a ZR-1 or a Viper, and support massive horsepower additions with perfect balance."
Griggs Racing

ICQ# 42269241
2FastLX is offline   Reply With Quote