View Single Post
Old 03-02-2004, 11:03 PM   #5
StangFlyer
Founder

tireburner163 - I have extra components laying around... but, mostly server parts...

mustardjohn - Yeah, it is pretty amazing how far CPU's have come in just the last few years... Yet, just think of where we'll be in 10 more years!

You are right. The ATI Radeon AIW 9800 Pro is the best card out there at the moment. I'll also be overclocking it about 100 Mhz, and the GPU will be watercooler, have DDR heatsinks, and dual 80mm fans cooling the card as a whole also.

The sound system is built onto the motherboard. It's in the specs I listed under the motherboard above, but it's an onboard 6-channel chipset supporting digital sound and EAX 2.0. You are right about the SATA hard drives, I mistyped the GB as MB... they are all 160 GB drives. With the stripping between the two pairs it'll be blistering fast, and the on-board RAID chipset has its own processor, which takes all the load off the CPU.

Here's photos from my current system, which is very similar... It's a P4 HT 3.06 Ghz based system overclocked to 3.6 Ghz, same watercooling set-up, ATI Radeon AIW 9700 Pro OC'ed @ 410 Mhz core, Gigabyte SINXP-1394 Ultra motherboard, 1 GB XMS Cosair DDR3200 memory, and four 120 GB ATA133 8 MB drives running in RAID 0+1 mode.

I'll post photos of the new system after it is complete... probably within the next two weeks.
Media Center Gallery - View my member photos
StangFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote