MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 07-16-2001, 01:05 PM   #1
RAINSTANG
Registered Member

Angry People suck!!!

My 92GT has made it almost 10 years without a scratch. I always park at the far end of the parking lot when I go to the store. So yesterday I come out of the store, hike across the lot to find the taillight lens busted. Ford wants $138.00 just for the lens and of course they no longer stock it in the original 1992 Bright Red so I have to find somone to match the original paint on the louvres. I'm betting some ****** in a SUV backed into it and just split. I thought about replacing them both with LX lens but I want it to look stock. Man this world is full of f'ed up people.
RAINSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2001, 01:23 PM   #2
69fastback
IRAQ VET

Sorry to hear that man. That really sux. Yes this world is full of messed up ppl. There are some good ones out there though. See if u can find one at the junk yard or from a different parts dealer. Ford is always going to be more expensive.

------------------
69 428 cobra jet: tons of mods.
97 f-150 5.4 xlt mark III
BUCKLE UP. SUCK IT IN.
Objects in the mirror are about to disappear...
QUICKLY!!!!!!

69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2001, 02:15 PM   #3
Coupe Devil

Hate to hear that dude. I have a set of good lx tailights I will sell. They are in great shape, good and bright. There is some glue residue from when someone stole my tailight covers but other than that the are good. They are from an 90'Lx. They will work wont they? If your interested just let me know. I want $100 plus shipping for them both. I can take pics and email them to you if you like.

------------------
'93 lx 4 banger, wrecked '90 lx 5.0, w/ t-5. .030 over fully ported and polihed (did that just to see if I could-first attempt at it). Motor and tranny in use for Ranger project.

Cocked, locked and ready to rock

Pony Power Forever
Coupe Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2001, 02:46 PM   #4
HiFlow5 0
Registered Member

Talking

thats sucks i'd be soo pissed!! when i went to the junk yard to get my LX tail lights i only paid 60 bucks for the pair, so there not too expensive used. a lot a people with with GT's i know opt for the LX lights. so maybe you could put a ad in a newspaper or auto shopper for someone who is selling their old ones, and just get them painted if need be.

------------------
89 GT AOD w/ shift kit, Trickflow intake, Crane (E-type) cam, 70Tb, 75MAF, 1.6 Rockers, Pulleys, MAC headers and H-pipe, Dynomax mufflers, K&N, 3 core radiator, custom interior, cobra R rims
HiFlow5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2001, 05:57 PM   #5
joe4speed
He said Member...heh, heh

Angry

grrrrr People DO suck...
joe4speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2001, 10:58 PM   #6
gt-hunter
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by RAINSTANG:
...I thought about replacing them both with LX lens but I want it to look stock.

Dude, first of all, sorry to hear about that...

But It's times like these that show how un-ricers we (domestic owners) are. Any ricer would have said....

"awww sheeeeat dawg...sum dum beeyatch dun gone an' f*ked up mah dope *** ride...well...time to get sum moah Clear tailights"...

and all "we" want is to make it look the way it came again.

I know how you feel man...some asswipe keyed my other car when I still had it and although I didn't like it all that much It pissed the hell outta me. Hope it all turns out allright man.

Mike

------------------
1999 Z28 M6 Arctic White, MTI-Clear Lid w/K&N, B&B Triflo, BMR STB, Pro 5.0 Power Tower, 160 Powerstat, HPP3, TB Coolant bypass, Ported MAF, Taylor 409 wires(10.4 mm), NGK TR-55s, Redline Synthetic Lubricants, K&N oil filter,
BEST E.T. 13.27 @ 106.39, 2.022 60'(street tires)
323.1 rwhp, 333.9rwtq
gt-hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2001, 12:04 PM   #7
MTU 50
GOT TORQUE ????

gt-hunter - I hear ya on the ricer talk. Those morons!!

I've been thinking of getting lx lenses for my White GT, because I think they look really good on a white car. I'm not so sure if I like them on a red gt. My last gt was red and I preferred the stock cheese graters. Just my opinion though. Do what makes you happy as long as its not clear lenses. Those really look shitty on fox-bodies!

------------------
1991 GT, AOD, Moroso Cold Air, 3.73s, Pulleys, 3-chamber(the left one fell off-NO time+No Money=College), FMS c-springs, and KYBs
MTU 50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2001, 02:36 AM   #8
LincoConti87
Registered Member

Unhappy

Well I really don't like the things people do sometimes but my religious beliefs kinda keep me from hating them and all that stuff cus it ain't good. I found today that someone got a piece of my front passeneger door...nice little 3 horizontal mark of paint but didn't seem to leave an indent so hopefully a little wax will take make it look like new. I don't know how much it would cost you but I personally like the lights they put on the 93 cobra...I think cost might be high but if you wanna try somethin different its an idea...and yes I have to agree on the looks of stock lights. I was just having a conversation with my friend yesterday about how stupid I thought those ricer lights were but he had different ideas.

Well if I ever get a mustang like I have been wanting for quite a awhile...and the paint is in bad shape I personally think it would be cool to just spray it black primer so that everyone thinks its a turd while I build up the good stuff under hood and no worries about scratching or theives
LincoConti87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2001, 10:33 AM   #9
Vector
Registered Member

You can't blame the guy for leaving the scene can you? What would you have done in that situation, stuck around so you can pay 140 dollars because you didn't check your mirrors or split and pay nothing? It's just the path of least resistance. I've been in my friends wagon when he backed into some guys SUV and put a big dent in the side paneling, my friend split of course. I've lifted a couple guys up by misjudging parking lot maneuvers in my F-150, but there was never any real damage done.

Accidents happen, and you know you wouldn't stick around either. And if you really would, then you're more commendable than 90% of the people out there (including me )
Vector is offline   Reply With Quote