MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 05-24-2002, 05:24 PM   #1
MidNiteBlu 5.0
I got something to say

Default Presidents and Politics

Ok there is this kid in my ap euro class that is a full blown liberal and feels that Al Gore would have been a much better president than Bush. His reason was that Gore wouldnt have turned his back on the middle east He also believes that Clinton was one of the greatest presidents in the last 50 years

Help me prove this dumb sophomore wrong please. lol

Later,
Nick
1987 Toyota Pickup
Ricer Haters Club Member #33

Want a custom gauge cluster for your Vintage Mustang?
www.jmeenterprises.com
MidNiteBlu 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2002, 06:37 PM   #2
Unit 5302
Registered Member

He's beyond redemption at this point. Don't waste your time. The kid obviously doesn't have the capability of rational thought, and no desire to research any situations. Morons like him are why our country is getting out of hand.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2002, 07:58 PM   #3
MidNiteBlu 5.0
I got something to say

Yeah I agree with you Unit. hehe. Some people. I am by no means a conservative but when i register to vote i will register as a republican. I am more conservative on most issues but moderate overall. AP government taught me alot this year hehe.

Later,
Nick
1987 Toyota Pickup

www.jmeenterprises.com
Old 05-24-2002, 11:11 PM   #4
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Exclamation Clinton, Gore and Bush

Nick:

Clinton is an lying, irresponsible womanizer who was impeached and disbarred - and should have been thrown out of office.

Clinton spent a lot of his presidency going abroad, sucking up to third world dictators who hate us and issuing 'apologies' for America to the type of people who think blowing up babies is a great idea. Some 'leader'.

Idiots like your classmate are why dangerous, pandering clowns like a Clinton and Al Gore get into high positions where they can do great damage to our country.

Example:

Over eight years of his stained presidency, Bill Cinton allowed many serious attacks on U.S. interests (like the bombing of the U.S.S. Cole) to go unanswered - and unpunished - which led to an Arab perception of the United States as weak; unwilling to respond to violence and the deaths of Americans, leading the way to the deadly attack on September 11th, 2001.

For that alone Clinton should be pilloried but instead, he shows up on TV and blabbers about how he 'disagrees' with Bush's handling of the War on Terrorism, a war that his inaction and blundering helped make necessary. He should be ashamed to show his face - if he was capable of shame, which he obviously isn't.

I wish I could have ten minutes with your misguided, ignorant, media-led classmate. I would eat his lunch simply because he doesn't know what he's talking about like many people who make absurd statements such as 'Bush turned his back on the middle east'. This kind of statement is ignorance on stilts and all too typical of many students today who get their political opinions from MTV or Rolling Stone magazine.

A dose of reality is in order here.

President Bush has shown excellent leadership following 9/11 and will continue to do so. He hasn't plunged us into a half-considered war we can't handle (due to our depleated military) or gotten us in a morass, a la Viet Nam. He drove the dreadful Taliban from Afghanistan and closed down a prime terrorist base-state there, denting the capability of the terrorists to attack again. Not eliminating that capability, of course, but hindering it.

President Bush has been quite effective in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. He allowed Israel to fight back against the Palestinian terrorists suicide bombers while assuring the Palestinian people he stands ready to assist them in forming an independent Palestinian state. He's held Arafat at bay while not cutting all ties with the Palestinian people who need a new leader to progress toward a secure homeland. Arafat means continued death and destruction in the region as this is all he knows and his people are growing weary of it - and him.

These are complicated issues that Al Gore would have talked to death or formed a commission to study but accomplished little by now, compared to Bush.

President Bush and Defense Secretary Rumsfeld are attempting to rebuild a starved, shrunken and demoralized American military force, thanks to Clinton's gutting of the defense budgets over eight years. The rebuilding takes time, but we'll get there.

Our relations with most of the mid eastern countries is tense but still relatively friendly and after the rout in Afghanistan, they have a new, if grudging, respect for the United States. Display of force can have this effect on despots.

The recent visit by President Bush in Russia and his cordial relationship with Putin will assure the U.S. of the ability to buy Russian oil and help lower our dependence on Arab oil, something we must do to whatever extent we can.

Your Clinton-worshipping classmate is brainwashed - or brain dead. Clinton was a cruel joke of a President that made our country look foolish in many respects.

Since he thinks Clinton was such a 'great' president, ask him to name three notable things that Clinton accomplished while President. Just three. That's less than one accomplishment every 2 1/2 years. Shouldn't be hard for a 'great' President.

Welfare reform? A Republican issue that Clinton signed only after vetoing tha same bill twice before. Clinton raised taxes higher than any other President in history and did so months after being elected in '92. Bush lowered taxes for all Americans almost immediately. Note the difference.

Clintons legacy is nothing more than a stain on a blue dress, worn by a 21-year-old intern 'servicing' the Great Man under his desk while he talked to Congressmen on the phone.

Clinton was a joke, Al Gore is little more than a boring follower without an original thought in his head - except to raise our taxes and claim that , as President, he would have done better than Bush. Right, Al. Sure you would. You showed that as Vice President you were an excellent defender of illegality and sleaze. That's about it.

Clinton and the Democrat Party stand for ever higher taxes, a weak military and appeasment of foreign dictators (like Castro) while attempting to regulate and control every aspect of our lives. That's liberalism writ large as practised by Clinton and the Democrats.

Conservatives seek smaller government and more individual freedom, which comes from lower taxes and less government interference in our everyday lives. Conservatives don't think 'The Government' is the automatic answer to to every problem that arises. Conservatives believe in individual responsibility.

President Bush is not a true conservative in some areas but he's a moral, responsible man with solid core values that reflect many conservative values and most Americans agree that he's doing an excellent job under difficult conditions.

As Unit stated, this classmate of yours is beyond redemption and probably cannot be reached by logical thought but again - just for laughs - ask him to name three significant accomplishments of the Clinton Presidency.

Should be interesting.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2002, 12:35 AM   #5
mustangII460
Factoy Five Roadster

I would not put too much into what he says.

Read on if you want my slant.

Clinton managed to single handedly shame the Office Of the White House to a new low.

He was neither a leader or commander. I would'nt call him a man or anyone else who models him.

He stood for only one thing, "Himself."

Unfortunately people seem to view "Getting yours" as ideal these days. This breeds acceptance and selfishness, of which I want no part of.

I was fortunate to have a dad that taught me how to be a man. Also fortunate to have served in the military and still be in a field of with standup persons that share my ideals.

Stand proud knowing what you do and believe in is right. Doing the right things in life are what means the most. Dont waste your time listening to deadend philosophy.

Lead follow or get out of the way.
mustangII460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2002, 01:34 PM   #6
MidNiteBlu 5.0
I got something to say

Thumbs up Thanks

Wow Mr. 5 0, you put like, all my thoughts into words. Thanks for that, it was very informative.

Later,

Nick
1987 Toyota Pickup

www.jmeenterprises.com
Old 05-25-2002, 03:55 PM   #7
Unit 5302
Registered Member

I thought this topic might get your attention, Jim. I didn't feel the Clinton kid was worth my breath.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2002, 04:09 PM   #8
Mr 5 0

Smile Don't get me started

Unit:

He isn't - but other folks read the posts and although I don't start political threads I like to use the opportunity to state some political facts and hopefully educate those who might be interested in politics but have mistaken or more likely, unformed concepts of the realities. We do what we can.
Old 05-27-2002, 01:27 PM   #9
lyonsd
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Unit 5302
He's beyond redemption at this point. Don't waste your time. The kid obviously doesn't have the capability of rational thought, and no desire to research any situations. Morons like him are why our country is getting out of hand.
I agree with this cat.

Anybody who'd think Clinton was a great president, or that Algore would have been a good one too, has their priorities all screwed up. Straightening out such a person would be a full-time job, best left to the professionals.
Check out the stuff I'm selling on ebay
lyonsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2002, 09:57 PM   #10
7up
Registered Member

Default Re: Presidents and Politics

Quote:
Originally posted by MidNiteBlu 5.0
Al Gore would have been a much better president than Bush. He also believes that Clinton was one of the greatest presidents in the last 50 years

He probably put NOS on his saturn and thinks it is the fastest car in town too.

My friend just read this Michael Moore book, at least I think that his name. Now all he does is talk about how bad Bush is and how Nader would have been the best president. It sucks, because he has nothing to back this up with except this book, which he can't explain well at all, and I know if I read it I will just get pissed off.

He also thinks the media is this huge conspiracy backed by the government to promote Bush, because of this other book he read. It's very frustrating and impossible to get him to listen to other viewpoints once he gets something in his head. Arggg.
Ricer Hater's Club-member #16
7up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2002, 11:19 PM   #11
Mr 5 0

Exclamation Re: Re: Presidents and Politics

Quote:
Originally posted by 7up

My friend just read this Michael Moore book, at least I think that his name. Now all he does is talk about how bad Bush is and how Nader would have been the best president. It sucks, because e has nothing to back this up with except this book, which he can't explain well at all, and I know if I read it I will just get pissed off.
Michael Moore is a middle-aged overweight white guy (living in Manhattan) with more money than brains. He's a foaming-at-the-mouth lefist that hates America (especially the middle class) and thinks capitalism is a curse on mankind. He admits to owning stocks so I suppose he could also be called schizoid.

Moore gained fame in the late 1980's with a documentary ('Roger and Me') on the closing of GM plants in Detroit in the '80's and how it affected the citizens and workers there. He contrasted this misery with the million dollar salaries of GM executives like (then) GM CEO Roger Smith who either tried to whitewash the economic effect the GM plant closings were having or simply ran away when Moore tried to interview him, as he realized he was being set up for an ambush.

Anti-capitalist Michael Moore made a fortune from the documentary and I doubt he gave any of those fat profits to the displaced, unemployed citizens of Detroit that he exploited to make his award-winning and very profitable documentary that castigated a major American car company for attempting to economize when the car business was in steep decline.

According to Michael Moore, this was evil. The fact that if no one buys the product the company can't keep employing people at the same level seemed to escape Michael Moore. That the big CEO and executive salaries were paid to men running a billion-dollar business also escaped Moore. Easier to portray the GM CEO as an evil, greedy Scrooge, screwing the workers and ignoring the Detroit community. Disingenuous, at best.

I always find it ironic that anti-business fanatics like Michael Moore hate business and profits but demand that business supply all the good-paying jobs everyone wants. What a fraud. I also notice that the anti-capitalist types like Moore never fail to cash the checks from their producers and publishers and don't find their income 'excessive' as they do CEO salaries. Hypocrisy on stilts.

The fact that your friend 'read a book' that claims the media are involved in a conspiracy to support Bush shows you how uninformed he really is. The media is about 90% liberal and hate George W. Bush with a passion. They all think he's a drooling idiot who 'stole' the election (in Florida). Michael Moore is in the forefront of this crowd that love democracy as long as their man is the president. Bush is not their man - by a long shot. The fact that GW Bush is president infuriates them. It's almost fun to watch if you like watching tantrums.

Far from supporting Bush, they attack him at every opportunity, as evidenced by the recent accusations that somehow Bush 'knew' that Arab terrorists would attack America via hijacked airliners. Total BS and offensive to me.

The Democrats and their media water carriers have backed off that line but they were eager to jump on it as long as it appeared as if the public might buy it. They didn't. It was a lie and the American public knows it was a lie so the Democrats and media backpedaled, fast.

Ask your friend how this squares with the contention (in the book he read) that the U.S. media conspire to support President Bush. Absurd on it's face, this kind of twisted thinking is all too typical of liberals these days.

If your friend buys all this bogus anti-Bush, anti-American crapola - including Michael Moores new book with the offensive title: 'Stupid White Men
...And Other Sorry Excuses for the State of the Nation!
-
then he's either blind to the realities or just not very bright and easily led, as are most liberals who have the dogma down pat with no substance to back it up. I enjoy chewing up those types and spitting them out. They usually taste like chicken and need salt.

My advice is to find some new friends. The kind that respect America, our core values and our President.
Old 05-28-2002, 05:21 AM   #12
7up
Registered Member

Thankou, thankyou. thankyou. That is exactly how I feel, butI am not able to express myself as well.

My friend is not so bright and he is easily led, but he is a good guy otherwise. Thanks for the info on Moore. I am going to show my friend your reply.

Mr. 5.0, I love your posts they are very informative and teach us all.
Ricer Hater's Club-member #16
7up is offline   Reply With Quote