MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 09-13-2001, 01:54 PM   #1
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

Angry This pretty much says how most people feel.

This is a sign on a restaurant in Terre Haute, Indiana that was taken from our local newspaper. It's quite interesting to see such a sign knowing it is directly accross the street from a large population of Arabic natives living in the Indiana State University student housing facilities. I'll bet that really puts these people on edge seeing such a sign. I feel for those who do not believe in such terrorism and are just innocent people trying to live their lives. But for those cheering what has been done to us I hope they realize we're not going to just sweep this one under the rug.

------------------
Gunning for 12's!

Buy your parts here
ICQ# 42269241

[This message has been edited by 2FastLX (edited 09-13-2001).]
2FastLX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2001, 02:21 PM   #2
Mr 5 0
Conservative Individualist

Thumbs up

Cool sign. Thanks for posting it.

I don't blame any person with an arab name or who appears to be Arab for what has happened.
That is stereotyping and not productive or even very sensible.

Of course there will be some animus shown toward Arabs living here, but we are a fair country and these folks have rights, too. Now, should some Arabs living in America express any pleasure with the WTC/Pentagon plane-bombing, then that would be foolish and any negative reaction they might receive from Americans would be have to be expected. Restraint needs to used by both Arabs and Americans but if I was an Arab, I certainly would keep any negative thoughts I had toward the U.S. to myself.
Mr 5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2001, 04:40 PM   #3
dinomite
The Dude

i agree totally. i show no animosity towards arabs, and find it stupid that people connect osama/usama bin laden with other arabs, and i don't see why one should think that sign makes other arabs afraid. think about the murrah federal bombing a few years ago. that was done by american, but we don't think all americans are bad......

what is neat, is a picture i saw of two american police officers guarding a mosque/islamic worship thingie somewhere in the us (my guess would be texas or something). just shows that even though the attack was commited by an arab, our laws still stand and all will be equally protected.
dinomite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2001, 04:48 PM   #4
Capri306

Thumbs up

Damn straight. I wanna meet the restaurant owner myself. That's MY kind of American right there.

------------------
Capri306, Moderator, The Mustang Works Online
1979 Mercury Capri, 5.0L -- C4 -- 2.73
1987 Mustang LX Notch
Capri306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2001, 05:17 PM   #5
Capri306

Sorry 'bout the double post. Wanted to test my new sig.

------------------
"PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!!!"

[This message has been edited by Capri306 (edited 09-13-2001).]
Old 09-13-2001, 11:28 PM   #6
tireburner163
It's a lot like a race car

I would love to shake to owner of that resterants hand.

P.S. Capri306 were did you get those flags i want to put some like that in my sig
tireburner163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2001, 12:23 AM   #7
Capri306

I don't remember exactly, but all I did was go to Yahoo, and type in +American +Flag, then it came up with a bunch of categories & websites that had some COOL flag animations. Just pick one out and put it in. If it's a .gif, somehow it works better. Be sure to use {img} UBB code. I made the mistake of using {url} the first time. Wanna see 'em again?!?

------------------
"PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!!!"
Old 09-14-2001, 12:37 AM   #8
1965GTO
Registered Member

When a foreigner does say something against us while in our country or threatens us, if we do something to them we usually get in trouble and get accused of a hate crime. Having lived overseas in various countries I can assure you that if you try that over there they will beat the crap out of you and leave you lying in the gutter and will not get in trouble.I believe we should not target mideasterners in our country some of them probably came here to get away from thier country. But if they act up they should be deported and not allowed back.The guy who flew onto the statue of liberty was caught before at the statue of liberty breaking rules yet he was allowed to come back in the country. INS is not doing thier job very well.
1965GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2001, 03:42 AM   #9
mustang marty gt

as a gulf war vet & beruit vet we should not harras arabic people here, but while i served overseas , we could not travel alone! in france or anywhere. because if we got , robbed , or beaten up etc they just blew it off. but any law abiding arab or muslim should be left in peace, maybe i'm wrong i don't know . but if they are causing no harm leave them be.have a little compassion , i served in iraq , with a soilder in our unit from iran he was with us all the way.

------------------
Old 09-14-2001, 06:53 AM   #10
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

I wasn't around at the time of the bombing of Pearl Harbor, but I hear from the older folks at work that all the Japanese immagrants in this country were rounded up and put into concentration camps after the attack. Maybe we need to be a little more harsh with these people to make them understand we mean business and bring back some of the old ways. I understand that a LOT of the Arab population in this country doesn't agree with what has happened so I don't know if that would be such a good idea, unless of course you gave them the oppotunity to leave

Did you guys hear that they found some people mascarading as flight crew members and tried to board a plane? Will they ever give up?

If they do find out it was Bin Laden, or anyone else for that matter, I think they should bring them back here and let the people stone them to death with small pebbles.

tireburner163 - If you right click on the image of the flag and select properties you will see the address to the image. It is http://www.anyflag.com/flagpoles/animated.gif

Also, you can find nearly any kind of image by going to a search engine like Yahoo, Altavista, etc and type flag.gif (or whatever) in the search engine's text field. It will usually find image directories of peoples' web sites with an image containing flag (or whatever you typed) in the name.

------------------
Gunning for 12's!

Buy your parts here
ICQ# 42269241
Old 09-14-2001, 07:12 AM   #11
HiFlow5 0
Registered Member

i think we need to discriminate! even if the guy next door is minding his own business, who's to say he's not a terrorist? we need to be under lock and key, don't trust anyone. its not like he's going to say "hi I'm a terrorist and i want to kill Americans". no he's going to be as nice as possible and act like u and me. i know if i were arab i wouldn't like the criticism, but would have to understand what is happening. we need to find these f@cks and do them justice. I have a few other choice words, but I will keep them to myself. I guess what Howard stern was saying this morning on the radio just made boil up with rage.

------------------
89 GT AOD w/ shift kit, B&M rachet shifter, Trickflow intake, Crane (E-type) cam, 70Tb, 75MAF, 1.6 Rockers, Pulleys, MAC headers and H-pipe, Dynomax mufflers, K&N, 3 core radiator, white face gauges, custom interior, cobra R rims
MY89GT
HiFlow5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2001, 08:13 AM   #12
69fastback
IRAQ VET

It is funny to see all the harsh words on here form the civilians. It makes sense that the compasion would come form a solider (Marty) Civilians aren't the ones that have to go out there and fight. Some of the most highly decerated solider in ww 2 where japanesse americans bet most of u didn't know that. Don't get me wrong here being a soilder I am all for going out there and getting a little revenge. I hope we blow them all to hell, but u must rember it is not the americans doing this. I quess just remember when all u civilians are out there talking **** it will be guys like me out there fighting and dieing for our country while u are siting at home watching it on tv.

------------------
69 428 cobra jet: tons of mods.
97 f-150 5.4 xlt mark III
BUCKLE UP. SUCK IT IN.
Objects in the mirror are about to disappear...
QUICKLY!!!!!!

69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2001, 12:43 PM   #13
2FastLX
The Photoshop Guru

69fastback - Yeah, I'll be sitting at home on my @ss watching it all happen on TV, but I'll be cheering you guys on and wishing I was there with you But, I'm a little too old to be signing up for the armed services now so It'll have to remain a wish I guess.

I don't think harassing the Arab population in this country is right either. Especially if they don't deserve it. It is cruel to pick on anyone just because of their nationality, color, sex, religion, or whatever and is just wrong. But, if they are acting like the Palestinians and dancing in the street over what these bastards have done to us then I say shoot em. That's more wrong than anything I have witnessed in my entire life. I cannot believe ANYONE would find joy in the death of innocent people and gloat over destruction of this magnatude.

If you end up going over there 69fastback watch your @ss and if you see someone laughing at us for what they did to us put a bullet in their head for me would you? Thanks.

------------------
Gunning for 12's!

Buy your parts here
ICQ# 42269241
Old 09-14-2001, 03:17 PM   #14
HiFlow5 0
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 69fastback:
I quess just remember when all u civilians are out there talking **** it will be guys like me out there fighting and dieing for our country while u are siting at home watching it on tv.
yes i am a civilian, but whatever happens and we end up going to war, i want to go and fight! i want to kick some a$$, and take out my frustration!

------------------
89 GT AOD w/ shift kit, B&M rachet shifter, Trickflow intake, Crane (E-type) cam, 70Tb, 75MAF, 1.6 Rockers, Pulleys, MAC headers and H-pipe, Dynomax mufflers, K&N, 3 core radiator, white face gauges, custom interior, cobra R rims
MY89GT
HiFlow5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2001, 03:50 PM   #15
Fox Body
Mustang Maniac

Question

Quote:
Originally posted by 69fastback:
It is funny to see all the harsh words on here form the civilians. It makes sense that the compasion would come form a solider (Marty) Civilians aren't the ones that have to go out there and fight. Some of the most highly decerated solider in ww 2 where japanesse americans bet most of u didn't know that. Don't get me wrong here being a soilder I am all for going out there and getting a little revenge. I hope we blow them all to hell, but u must rember it is not the americans doing this. I quess just remember when all u civilians are out there talking **** it will be guys like me out there fighting and dieing for our country while u are siting at home watching it on tv.

Would you please lend some clarification concerning the point you are trying to make 69fastback.

-----------------------------------------
351W-powered 1979 Ford Mustang notchback
Stock 5.8L under custom made 4" cowl, C4 w/ shift kit
Holley 750 cfm, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake
1 5/8" MAC shorty headers, Al driveshaft
2.5" Off road H-pipe, 2-chamber Flowmasters
Front: 225/60/15, Rear: 255/60/15 Eagle GT II
Weld wheels (15x6;15x8), 8.8" Rear w/ 3.55s
14 x 4” K&N air filter. Only a couple of weeks b4 Project FOX begins!!!

"Red, thou art my companion. Hasten now your quickened metamorphosis to Green that I may conquer all who dare abide there beside me. May they be left thither behind burnt black." ---Fox Body
Fox Body is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2001, 10:27 AM   #16
Mach 1
Registered Member

"I hope we blow them all to hell, but u must rember it is not the americans doing this. "

Say what?

Your not making our armed forces look very good. Maybe you should think before you speak.
Mach 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2001, 01:42 PM   #17
Unit 5302
Registered Member

Thumbs down

When you sign up for the military, that is the risk you take. It's not a vacation to get money for college as they make it out to be.

That's like saying when we ask for new laws and new funding that our legislature should stand up and tell us, wow, you're asking a lot, we're gonna have to stand up and go to the floor of the house with these requests.

A military officer is sworn to defend the United States and serve the people. Do you think I like it when I get an insane request in the office to do something that will require real work? Do I do it, yes. Why? It's part of my job. Just like serving the protecting and fighting for the citizens of America is a soldiers job. That means if we go to war, our soldiers will go to war.

You're mistaken if you think we want more American's to be killed and injured. We want our freedom and to be safe so we can pay taxes so you can feed your family. Not hear of your lack of respect for the people you serve.
Unit 5302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2001, 01:51 PM   #18
69fastback
IRAQ VET

Hey mach 1 who the hell are u. u don't even know me so don't even say things like that. I forgot one little word in all that. It is not the arabic americans that did this thing. Everyone wants to go and say all arabians are bad. There are americans ones and what i meant was to leave them alone they had nothing to do with this. That is what i meant. Another thing is I am a very good soilder and take pride in being so. I made my e-5 in only two years. That is almost unheard of. Most ppl take 4 maybe 3 if they are lucky. These are the things that piss me off. I swear to give my life for someone like u that just wants to critize ppl. I forgot to type in one little word big deal.
2fast and Hiflow all of us do appricate the support. In times like this we need all we can get form ppl.
As far as my point about the other stuff i said was just remember that with attacking someone or another country what ever they decied that more americans will porbaly die it is just the nature of the thing. I just don't want people to forget that. I am all for getting the people that did this and destryoing them. Just realize the nature of what will happen and what it is going to take to do this. Most of ppl just wanna sit around and say yeah lets go kill everyone it is not that simple.
69fastback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2001, 06:41 PM   #19
mustang marty gt

Angry

HEY . get off my boy 69 fast back flat out ! till you put om combat boot's and go somewhere where you, have to think about the bullet you never hear coming, till it hit's you thhen you don't know jack yes he did sign up on his own , so did i so unless you have the, ball's to walk the walk, instead of talk crap well maybe your feather's are , sprouting , 69 it ain't nothing you are the man , hang in there my brother sorry but all this , petty critizme really pissed me off , dogging my comrades in arm's good luck to YOU my little brother the arm chair couch potatoe's don't know . all my support is with you ,good luck you are the one with you're a$$ on the line . damn i was e-5 in the navy about to go for e-6 in the nat gaurd they held me down to spec -4 for 6 years , you have made a great career for your self , i finally chilled out a little , it's just when someone who know's NOTHING , ABOUT military sacrifice throw's in their opinion tick's me off , anyway good luck my bro.

------------------
Old 09-15-2001, 07:15 PM   #20
PKRWUD

69fastback-

Mach1 happens to be a very proud member of this countries finest. I wouldn't fuq with him if I were you.

Take care
~Chris

------------------
Retired Moderator
MustangNet

My site: JimPorterRacing

RACECAR spelled backwards is RACECAR

HEY !!! Are you ASE Certified ??? If you are, ask me about iATN. The best tool you'll ever have, and it's free !!!
PKRWUD is offline   Reply With Quote