MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Mustang & Ford Tech > Classic Mustangs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 10-03-2004, 01:00 PM   #1
Fat0eknee
I'm slow ...I know.

Default thinking about selling, sale price?

well guys and gals ive been thinking long and hard and even though it hurts im thinking about getting rid of my '68 and maybe getting a newer model stang - since mines not original i dont really have a clue what it will sell for but i have done a lot of stuff to it if anybody could give me a rough estimate from what ive listed it would help me quite a bit on whether i should sell or not but here goes

1968 coupe w/ new paint job
1993 5.0L efi motor with B&M hi-po tranny w/ shift kit and b&M 2400 stall trq coverter - motor has a few mods too it
all wheel power disc brakes
custom dash with autometer phantom guages
new interior (seats, carpet, rug things, ect)
9" detroit locker rear end 3.70:1
cd player, new speakers, and a woofer
new suspension all the way around
weld pro*star wheels
body is straight as well ..very few rust spots but there are some
...actually mostly everything in the car is new now that i think about it

anyways i cant think of all that ive done to it but i think ive covered the major areas ..if anybody has a clue what it would sell for i would greatly appreciate any input
-tony
Fat0eknee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 09:29 PM   #2
bmxmon
Registered Member

dont sell it!!!!! Come on, the early models look the best, and you already have the late model engine. Its better now than any of the late model stangs!!! I would keep the 68 for weekends and then maybe a late model for daily, just save up those pennies! You know those people that come up to you, "i used to have a mustang just like yours," you dont want to be that person a couple years down the road. reconsider, please. But, it seems like you have a nice car, so i would guess you would get alot for it if you sold it to the right person.
bmxmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 09:34 PM   #3
rwhite65
Ride Hard

over all how is the paint other then the rust spots?
U really should reconsider.
Ryan

04 Grand Cherokee Freedom Edition

79 Ford F-250 4x4 - Restored
rwhite65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 10:20 PM   #4
Fat0eknee
I'm slow ...I know.

the paints nice.. just one or two very small chips and that damn keymark on the decklid (another story) and there is one small rust spot that ive somewhat taken care of over the drip rail and a little surface rust under the deck lid lip which shouldnt be rusting since i bought that as a brand new original but oh well
Old 10-03-2004, 10:21 PM   #5
Fat0eknee
I'm slow ...I know.

here are some pics ..these are older but its basically what it looks like http://www.geocities.com/fatoeknee@sbcglobal.net/
Old 10-04-2004, 01:23 AM   #6
rwhite65
Ride Hard

U know, that car has a lot of trick things done to it. U really will never get back out of it what it probably cost to do those things. But that said, there are some things done to that car that make it in MY opinion worth more.

I still think u should keep the car. Consider it a savings account. That car is not gonna really go down in value at all, but is gonna go up...every year. Sure you will have to touch up the paint....but still it is gonna hold its value. A newer one will not be able to do that.

Here in the mid west good straight mustangs go higher then they do in other parts of the country. With that said...I personally think 10 grand easily....would not let it go for a penny less. More then likely....with what time of the year u are selling it taken into consideration....I think u could get closer to 12 grand. The notch back is the only thing that might hold ur value done a little.

That is taking into consideration everyting on it minus what u have said is in good-great condition.
Ryan

04 Grand Cherokee Freedom Edition

79 Ford F-250 4x4 - Restored
rwhite65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 11:50 AM   #7
Fat0eknee
I'm slow ...I know.

wow not bad i was a bit off ..i was thinkin more along the lines of 6-8k for it thanks for the input man and yeah im still thinkin about it but what bmxmon said hit home

"i used to have a mustang just like yours," you dont want to be that person a couple years down the road.

maybe ill keep it ..just to pull up to an 05 and spray it
Old 10-05-2004, 10:18 PM   #8
Orange97GTVert
Mustang Fanatic

I agree with Ryan, you should be able to get 10 grand, especially in Houston. A smaller place like I live in it would be hard to get that much, but in Houston, no problem.

I also agree don't sell it. You have a lot of work in the car, it is a classic, but still one of a kind because you did it your way. You will kick your own ass for selling it.

I love my late models, but I would love more getting my 65 finished, just not enough time, money, etc...

1997 Mustang GT Convertible, 4.6L Auto, Autumn Orange w/Saddle Tan Top & Leather Interior, Styling Bar, 17 X 9 Polished Cobra R's on Nitto NT 555's, Ford Racing Bullitt Suspension package, Mac CAI, Steeda UDP's, Flowmaster 40 Series Catback, SCT X-Calibrator II, Zaino Shine, 7 time Show Winner, driven daily
Orange97GTVert is offline   Reply With Quote