MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 01-24-2001, 10:12 PM   #1
quick89gt
Registered Member

Post PRINTER help!!!

I'm a CMIS major, but I still can't get this damn thing to work. It just worked fine, but now it won't anymore. When i try to load the printer drivers, it says it can't connect to my printer, but everything is turned on and connected just fine. Any clue what is causing this? I even tried to "add new printers" in control panel, but that won't work either.

------------------
'89 GT, T-5,
Bored .030 Over, GT-40P heads, MAC 1 5/8" headers, MAC Off-Road H-Pipe, 2 1/2" Flowmasters, Edelbrock 65mm T.B., Trick Flow Intakes, Crane 2031 cam, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Keith Black hyp. flat top Pistons, Screamin' Deamon Coil, Champion Plugs, March Underdrive Pulleys, 255lph Fuel Pump, SVO Motorsport Clutch, Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator, Formula GP Suspension, MAC Upper & Lower Control Arms, FMS 3.73 Gears.
quick89gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2001, 11:07 PM   #2
Lizard King
midnightruns.com

Ok, what happened in between the time it worked and did not work.

One thing you can try is the printer self test mode. Look in the manual, there is something you can (a combination of buttons) to get the printer to print without input from the system... that will rule the fact that your printer is defective.

If your system is the problem, check if LPT1 one is correctly installed in your device manager (right click on My Computer, go to properties, then select device manager). If there is a yellow dot on something like a printer or communication port, get some help.

------------------
Lizard King - 00GT

>> 13.698 @ 101.2MPH - BONE STOCK, yes BONE(even air filter) stock.

"I can do anything, I'm the Lizard King." - The Doors
Lizard King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2001, 11:51 PM   #3
mustangII460
Factoy Five Roadster

My printer probs.

I bought a Lexmark Z51 when it came out, equiped with a paralell cable or USB. It installed itself to LPT1 (default) I wanted to install by USB cable.

The more I messed with it the worse it got. My problem was sovlved by deleting all the printer icons in the printer folder. Uninstalling the printer software too.

I reinstalled the updated drivers from the web site and the only thing I had to change was the LPT1 port to USB. It worked,sheew.

Mine said cannot connect with the printer also.
mustangII460 is offline   Reply With Quote