MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Blue Oval Lounge (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   My thoughts (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=16672)

Frank VandenBerg 11-23-2001 06:38 PM

My thoughts

I just need to vent alittle. I remember the days when a guy could post a topic on this board and get fairly accurate responses. Not anymore. I remember when there was no bickering about anything. Not today. I can remember when guys that have experienced these cars since their inception, back in the day were on here. Now as far as I can tell there are a few too many 'kids' on here that have spent their school money on their cars and figure since they own one they know all about them. Not too mention they have too much time on their hands. Get out and live. This site has gone down hill since 98 in a big way. That's just what I think. Maybe they should post a seniority list instead od this bullshit post counter thing to determine member status. Anyway, that's it.

FV #69

6T9PONY 11-23-2001 07:36 PM

Sorry Franky, but I'm one of those damned "kids" on here.

I'm pretty frickin proud to tell you that I know every inch of my car, inside-outside-top-bottom, whatever. I also know a hell of a lot about it.

If you asked me a few questions about a '69 Mustang, along with a few others that I like and spend time researching, and I'd most likely be able to tell you the answer.

And you say to get out and live? What the hell are you talking about? I have a 4.0 GPA (along with scoring a 31 on my ACT), participate AND excel in 3 sports, have a serious girlfriend, and have great relationships with my friends and family.

I don't know if you were meaning to offend anyone by your post. But you sure as hell did. Next time you want to vent, you should probably do it in a more responsible way; instead of just making a complete *** out of yourself.

EDIT: What's up with the 2.33 60' man?:eek: :rolleyes:

Five0 11-23-2001 07:51 PM

This "bs post counter thing" As you put it is how you can tell the real members from the ones that are hardly ever around and most of the people on here are very knowledgeable or want to learn, and there's nothing wrong with wanting to learn.

Sometimes there are people bickering and complaining and the more people you have on a board the more different opinions you will have. They say opinions are like assholes, everybody has one.

Not trying to offend you but that sounded like an attack on the people that are on this site.

Frank VandenBerg 11-23-2001 08:15 PM

2.33 means that it took the car that long to move 60'. Anyway I couldn't careless if I offend anyone. So get your ***'s off the computer and go some dirt under your finger nails. So most of you aren't inclined enough too work on them yourselves, try it.

tireburner163 11-23-2001 08:47 PM

Hey I'm also one of the "kids" your talkin about. And I walk, talk, eat, sleep, and dream Mustangs. And yes I spent my school, that I saved for 3 years, on my stang. It is my pride and joy and I know every inch of her. I may not have been around when they first came out, but I've read about and worked on enough of them to know a hell of a lot. And as for me not doing my own work. Huummmmm let me see, I'm gonna swap a V-8 into my car myself, I helped my brother swap 99+ head and a S-trim onto his 96 GT, I helped my brother rebuild the engine on his old 89, I swaped heads and the intake on the 390 that's in my dad's 69 F-100, I helped my neighbor restore his 1970 BOSS 302. So stick that in your pipe and smoke it!!!!!!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Rant over

by the way I have more posts than you, ha ha:D

Five0 11-23-2001 08:58 PM

Check my sig, everything on my car I built including the motor. The only thing I did not do is the cage and exhaust and only because I don't know how to weld or have the equipment to do it

One other thing, I like being on the computer and I guess you do too or you would not be here either, and he meant that your 60ft time sucks, I can cut a 1.9 60ft time on cheap street tires and run deep in the 12's and on the new motor I am sure I will do even better.

I think you need to get off the computer and work on your car or your driving; or maybe that is the problem, maybe you need to let someone else work on it or drive it.

Five0 11-23-2001 09:04 PM

:mad:

6T9PONY 11-23-2001 09:07 PM

2.33 60'? Don't you have a 5-spd? And 3.73s? And some other bolt-ons? Do you have a lemon? Are you running polyglass radials? Or do you have no driving skills whatsoever?:p

I built my '69 Mustang Coupe basically from the ground up. I had that thing down to almost nothing. I rebuilt the stock 351W 2-bbl into what it is now, I swapped in a C4 that I put a shift kit and a stall converter on, I swapped out the old 8" rear end for the 9" Currie that I spent my "school money" on. $1800 of my school money actually.

I sanded every inch of every body panel on that car. Door jambs, under hood, under trunk, inside trunk, inside engine compartment, you name it. Sanding is one of the most tedious jobs in the world.

I paid for, and installed almost all of my interior. All I didn't do was put in the headliner and reupholster the seats. I installed my own stereo system, including a CustomAutosound USA-04 head unit, Pioneer surface mount speakers on the package tray, Pioneer 5 1/4" speakers in the lower doors (which I used a little of my own ingenuity on in mounting them, and if you would like to hear about it, I'll tell you, but you're probably out in your nonheated garage with a gravel floor working on your 10 second show car perfect Mustang.....right?:p), a Kenwood 4-channel amp, and a Kenwood 10-disc CD changer. I spent my "school money" on all that stuff too. And it wasn't a "bumping" system and I didn't ride around with rap blaring.

I have also pulled out a 351C from my fastback, and a C6, and a 9" rear, and all the interior...and some other stuff. But I won't bore you since you are such a gear head and can't spend very much time on the computer.:p

Some things like this, many "kids" my age would find tedious. But guess what....I love them. So go ahead...open up wide and let me put my balls on your chin.

PGkelly 11-23-2001 09:30 PM

Don't trust anyone over 30. :D

6T9PONY 11-23-2001 09:35 PM

By the way, Franky, you're bickering at people who bicker. Does that make a whole lot of sense? Nahh.....it doesn't. Think before you act, it'll save your *** every once in a while.

Five0 11-23-2001 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by PGkelly
Don't trust anyone over 30. :D
Hey wait a minute, I am almost 30; Less than a year.:cool:

6T9PONY 11-23-2001 09:44 PM

Okay, Five0, you're the exception. But ONLY you!!!:D

bs

Five0 11-23-2001 09:49 PM

Hehehe, Ok thanks. I feel better now.:rolleyes:

69fastback 11-23-2001 10:24 PM

Well for the almost two years that i have been here i think that site has gotten better. I am only 25 and still a kid. Yeah i may not now everything about cars but i do love mustangs and like to learn. I love the way the site is going and there are alot of cool people on here. So what if people think it is fun to play on the computer. I don't have anything else to do besiedes going to yell at my soliders. LOL

bri32z 11-23-2001 10:33 PM

PGkelly
Hey I am 30+5. You can trust me man. This guy just hates the world. Sounds like his boyfriend left him again:eek:

Crazy Horse GT 11-23-2001 10:37 PM

is it that time of the month for you ,or what ,this kid is 43 i dont know what your problem is ,but this middle aged kid could school you, you want to flame everyone one here - young & old look out -unit ,pkrwud ,merc , cad & too many to remember will take your lunch money ---chill bud:rolleyes:-----------by the way how old are you 6 or 7:eek:

Godslayer 11-23-2001 11:14 PM

Hahahaa

Haha.. troll :p

Unit 5302 11-23-2001 11:17 PM

Yawn, Frank Vandenburg was no doubt insinuating that I am one of those know nothing don't get my fingernails dirty kids because I doubted his "not nearly as great as he thinks it is 429."

I would say the quality of information on this site is sometimes lacking, but I will also say this. New people are not bad. They generally learn fast and pick up the true information. I've seen this site go from questions on coolant a couple years back, to what kind of spark plugs should I run on TFS heads with an S trim?

As far as the number of posts being a big deal, kiss my ***. If you don't like what I have to say about your car, since appearently it is the fastest stock non canted 429 in the universe, tough ****. If you don't like me pulling up references other than the ******* your facts come out of, again, tough ****. I know my car, I've been head to toe grease, tranny fluid, oil, coolant, and rear end oil from working on cars since before I even had one. I'd question your information since you can't seem to come up with references when you post it anyway. I've rebuilt auto overdrive trannies, pulled engines apart, done 5 lug conversions, OHC engine resets from busted timing belts, lower end rebuilding, engine swaps, tranny swaps, repaired wiring harnesses, EFI diagnostics and studied about how the EFI systems work and why.

I don't know of many people on this board with Senior Member status that don't know their ****. A lot of the newer guys also know their ****.

Your attack on this site and it's members is just plain lame.

Crazy Horse GT 11-23-2001 11:22 PM

rock & roll unit, i knew one of you guy's would be on top of this, hey im gonna bust 1000 before 2002, hehe kick it my man , see ya:D-----------------what set this guy off anyway,jeez:eek:

Five0 11-23-2001 11:41 PM

Who knows! Did you see when he registered and how many posts he has. Damn, What it that? About 1 post every other month!
This guy is an idiot.