MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Blue Oval Lounge (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   I keep ending up with this... (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=22000)

#1 Pony 04-09-2002 06:30 AM

I keep ending up with this...

I keep ending up with this dude in one of my classes. He drives a black 01 GT.. all he has done is put wheels on it. I asked if he was going to mod it and he said no... why?? why?? I wish I had that machine!!!

Crazy Horse GT 04-09-2002 08:10 AM

well if he is like me the answer is- payment's, payment's, payment's, hehe:rolleyes: :D

tireburner163 04-09-2002 09:10 AM

I just don't understand how some people can drive a car for years and NEVER EVER mod it. Maybe it's just not in their blood or something. To me it's just the natural course of events.

mustangdani55 04-09-2002 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by crazy horse gt
well if he is like me the answer is- payment's, payment's, payment's, hehe:rolleyes: :D
Marty you said a mouthfull there bud!!!!;)

joe4speed 04-09-2002 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by crazy horse gt
LOLLOL
That sucks! :(

1969Mach1 04-09-2002 03:05 PM

Yeh money is always a big factor in moding a car. It isn't always that cheap. Especially if your still paying for your car.

#1 Pony 04-09-2002 10:16 PM

He told me he did not have a job (then) he might have one now.
To me mods are like a must have, what's the purpose of haveing a
'crazy horse' if you don't ever
experience what it REALLY can do.
I remember he said he was going to keep it like it is... I should ask to buy it, but he's only had it a year or two.
Besides I can get a SN95 GT for 7,000 to 8,000. I don't think he's going to sell it THAT cheap.

srv1 04-09-2002 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by #1 Pony

I remember he said he was going to keep it like it is...

nothing runs or rides like a totally stock Mustang! you say that now. have you ever run across a totally stock 5.0 Fox body? i mean with the air silencer still there? or how about the factory exhast still on it? if you keep it stock you will have less problems. i dont see anything wrong with keeping it "the way it is". better value down the road. less chance someone may take it as someone who has beaten on the car as compared to somebody who modded it to go faster. useually that is a sign that someone want to put a little more stress on it than normal. hey i should know, i bought a totally stock 90. i have done all the mods to the car listed below. before that it was the way Ford made it!

czstang1701 04-09-2002 11:38 PM

haha.. payments is exactly whats on my mind.. i mean i guess it doesnt make sense that he would never want to mod it.. i love the mustang, but theres alot id want to do to it to make it better for me.. i guess stock is just how he likes it?

Its surprising and shocking, but not everyone likes more power :confused:

WADS56 04-09-2002 11:46 PM

My friend has a 2000GT that is stock to the paper filter and he won't tuch it:confused: He will not even take it to the track to see what it will run. He has money to so that is not a issue.

The Sandman 04-10-2002 01:23 AM

Pssst you guys got it lucky. Ever tried pricing aftermarket parts for an LS1 F-Bod! Or LS1 Corvette! HA! Take the price you would for a part for a Mustang, and say....x2 for it and that's the price you get for the LS1 :eek: :eek: :( :(

WADS56 04-10-2002 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by The Sandman
Pssst you guys got it lucky. Ever tried pricing aftermarket parts for an LS1 F-Bod! Or LS1 Corvette! HA! Take the price you would for a part for a Mustang, and say....x2 for it and that's the price you get for the LS1 :eek: :eek: :( :(
Tell me about it. My friend has a 97 camaroZ28 that we are starting to do some work on. $320.00 for a throtal body, $350.00 for a aluminum driveshaft. That is insane... I'm glad it is his car.

DRASTiK 04-10-2002 01:29 PM

Quote:

if you keep it stock you will have less problems
I've heard many older people say, that the only way to keep a car going RELIABLY for years and years is to leave it stock, do regular maintenance, and just drive it.