MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Blue Oval Lounge (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   No more 4.6L's (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=25503)

Unit 5302 06-25-2002 11:03 PM

No more 4.6L's

At least not a newer one. I don't want to be grouped with the modular guys. There's just too many stupid one's. Too many ricers, and I don't want to be grouped with the crowd.

StoplightWarrior 06-25-2002 11:24 PM

WTF?? Where did that come from?

Im assuming something jacked up just happened to make you post this hasty, odd thread. So what gives??

Crazy Horse GT 06-25-2002 11:31 PM

unit, wtf im not rice i only have 4 sticker's haha, yeah what warrior said , you are grouping us all in the rice catagory, not fair kell, im not rice:rolleyes: :eek:

Mr 5 0 06-25-2002 11:38 PM

4.6 disenchantment

O.K., your feelings about the 4.6 Mustang have been noted.

Now, care to elaborate a bit?

Some of us are curious as to what's caused this fairly sudden attitude change, considering you just bought a sharp, new GT.

Crazy Horse GT 06-25-2002 11:45 PM

yeah what mr5 0 said, kell im am far from rice, i hate rice, import or domestic rice, i laugh at all of them, im keeping my rice 4.6 if thats the way it is, whats bugging you?:confused:

PKRWUD 06-26-2002 12:31 AM

Join me at the bar, Kell? Might help.

Take care,
-Chris

The Deuce 06-26-2002 12:38 AM

I'm all for bringing the 302 back. Just make sure its got plenty of valves and even more ponies.

Seriously man, WTF? Did you grenade yours or something?

tireburner163 06-26-2002 12:43 AM

WTF:confused: :confused: :confused:

6T9PONY 06-26-2002 12:50 AM

I pray you didn't get rid of your new GT!??!?!!:eek: :confused: :eek: :confused: :(

PKRWUD 06-26-2002 12:54 AM

i doubt this has anything to do with the engine or the vehicle, but more likely some of his fellow owners.

Time will tell.

Mustangbelle306 06-26-2002 05:56 AM

Re: No more 4.6L's

Quote:

Originally posted by Unit 5302
At least not a newer one. I don't want to be grouped with the modular guys. There's just too many stupid one's. Too many ricers, and I don't want to be grouped with the crowd.
I think I understand why...when a hot new redesign comes out, I have a feeling that wealthy little kids probably run to Daddy and nag until they can have one too :rolleyes: The young buyers now have been exposed to the REALLY COOL ricer trend, and might be trying to tag along, domestic style.

Also, the 4.6 is a better candidate for someone that wants a fast car that doesn't need too many mods (5.0s are easier to tear down) and could feasily spend most of his money on appearance mods.

Dark_5.0 06-26-2002 07:44 AM

I see his point, Going to Modular madness and reading some of the post in there that say things like "5.0's are slow as rice".............Makes me sick......Reminds me of mustangworld.com...

JMO,

Hammer 06-26-2002 09:18 AM

Quote:

Oh yea... I've NEVER seen a riced out 5 liter.... :rolleyes:

Quote:

I see his point, Going to Modular madness and reading some of the post in there that say things like "5.0's are slow as rice".............Makes me sick......Reminds me of mustangworld.com...
I see a post like that VERY rarely....
and our forum is NOTHING like Mustangworld other than the fact that most newbie mustang drivers drive the 4.6. Would you rather they go to stangnet and learn how to put in neon undercarriage lights or come hear and learn what a set of 3.73s can do for performance?

Personally, I love the old 5.0, but the modular motor is here, and whether you like it or not, its going to be here for a while.

And actually, stock for stock, the 2nd generation 4.6 SOHC mustang does have more horsepower and IS a bit faster in the quarter mile than a 5.0 GT\LX.

I would hope that our 5.0 brothers would accept us and join us in spanking the heck out of all those ricers. (Foreign OR domestic)

302 LX Eric 06-26-2002 09:41 AM

I've been away for a couple weeks and then I see this. What's going on, Kell?

Chris, if there's an extra spot at the bar, I would be glad to join you. :)

Take it easy,
E

Dark_5.0 06-26-2002 11:04 AM

I see a post like that VERY rarely...
and our forum is NOTHING like Mustangworld other than the fact that most newbie mustang drivers drive the 4.6. Would you rather they go to stangnet and learn how to put in neon undercarriage lights or come hear and learn what a set of 3.73s can do for performance

Personally, I love the old 5.0, but the modular motor is here, and whether you like it or not, its going to be here for a while.

And actually, stock for stock, the 2nd generation 4.6 SOHC mustang does have more horsepower and IS a bit faster in the quarter mile than a 5.0 GT\LX.

I would hope that our 5.0 brothers would accept us and join us in spanking the heck out of all those ricers. (Foreign OR domestic) [/B][/QUOTE]

__________________________________________________ _

Personaly I could care less which car is faster......The problem I have is the total lack of respect they have for the 5.0......All they do is talk about stock vs stock.....When is the last time you seen a stock 5.0 at the track.

I get along with the LS1 guys way better than the 4.6L guys at the track. I am not talking about mustang works I am talking about all of the crap I have to put up with in my home town.

There seems to be some cool 4.6L guys on this site...Hammer/Unit/Stoplightwarrior/CrazyHorse/LizardKing/Mercury....etc...

Unfortunately nearly all the 4.6L guys that I personaly know think there car is faster than mine"stock".

I lke the new GT's.......Its just that some of there drivers need a reality check, and I am more than happy to provide that reality check every Saturday at West Texas Raceway Park.

I have only been in the Modular Madness forum a couple of times, maybe I just had a bad experience.

Later,

MidNiteBlu 5.0 06-26-2002 12:28 PM

So what is the problem man?

PKRWUD 06-26-2002 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by 302 LX Eric
Chris, if there's an extra spot at the bar, I would be glad to join you. :)

Take it easy,
E

I always make room for my friends!

Welcome.

Take care,
-Chris

95mustanggt 06-26-2002 02:13 PM

I think that it is worth pointing out:

1. The latest body style mustang is more popular than ever

2. Buying a new mustang means you have to buy a 4.6L GT

3. We all know about the "Ricer" Fad that is currently on the streets. If anyone of these moron ricers is smart enough to figure out that a mustang is faster than a civic, he's going to buy one and he's going to rice it out.

These morons should not be mistaken for true mustang enthusiasts who are purchasing new mustangs (not everyone wants an older car no matter how "cool" the 5.0 is).

Yes these ricers are anoying. I was driving yesterday and I saw a Saleen Mustang with euro tail lights, gay rims, and all the customary lights! What a sick thing to do to a beautiful car! These things are going to happen. Let's just hope this ricer fad ends soon.

digital3.3 06-26-2002 02:33 PM

4.6L-nicely redone

Because performance freaks focus their attention more on the "go" than on the "show" aspect of a car, the FR500's real beauty is underhood. There you'll find a Cobra 4.6-liter 4V all-aluminum block whose displacement has been increased to 5.0 liters by the use of new "spray bore" technology.

On engines like the 4.6 that cannot be bored out because of the limited casting thickness of the cylinder walls, displacement is increased by removing the steel cylinder sleeves from the cast aluminum block and spraying the bores with a ceramic-like coating that serves as hardened cylinder walls. While Ford has yet to employ this new technology in production, its use could help squeeze more power from engines without retooling them.

New, high-flow four-valve heads with more radical cam geometry are added, along with an all-new variable geometry magnesium intake manifold, dual 80mm mass-air sensors, dual 70mm throttle bodies, and stainless-steel tubular headers. This massaged Cobra engine makes a reported 415 horsepower at 6,800 rpm (redline is 7,000 revs), and 365 foot-pounds of torque at 4200 rpm. But wait—there's more.

Putting all that power to the ground is a Tremec T56 six-speed manual transmission with a dual-disc Valeo clutch. A MetalMatrix composite driveshaft spins a Torsen TR2 limited-slip differential with 4.10:1 ring-and-pinion axle set. Ford claims the setup is good for a zero-to-60 launch of a tick over four and a half seconds—-and a quarter-mile sprint of 12.7 seconds at 114 mph. Top speed has been estimated at 175 mph. Forget Camaro and Firebird here—these numbers go beyond even the 2000 SVT Cobra R, and put the FR500 right up into the rarefied performance air of Corvettes and Vipers.:D

digital3.3 06-26-2002 02:37 PM

oops sorry that was only supposed to show the tech for the new 4.6L they want to put in the new cobras to replace the old 4.6L.