MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Blue Oval Lounge (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Idiot ricers. telling ME I don't know jack about cars (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=22132)

tireburner163 04-11-2002 08:50 AM

Idiot ricers. telling ME I don't know jack about cars

Ok, I was at the hang out the other night and this tard starts talking how fast his integra is and how it has "NAWS":rolleyes:. Any way, he starts talking about how he and his friends stuck a match in front of the bottle(while it was out of the car), turned it one, and the HUGE flame it made. I over heard this while taking to friends, and I just couldn't let it slid

"Er..dude...nitrous is a non-flamable gas. Maybe you just hit your head on your wing and dreamed it":rolleyes:

He got really pissed and said "Man what F, you don't know jack about cars."

Of course I responded back with my usual "What's a cam shaft?"

"A what???"

"A cam shaft. What is it? It's a simple quesion"

He rattled of something about is keeping tension on the belts. I laughted and he got more pissed. Finnaly I just asked to see his bottle so I could show him. Wow, amazing he had taken the botte out that afternoon:rolleyes:.

So I asked "so runin wet, dry, or a fogger set up?"

"What ever the kit came with"

So I asked him to pop the hood and I'd tell him. Well golly gee wizz, he had lent that to a friend while his bottle was being filled:rolleyes:

Then everone started callin BS. He got pissed, told every one to F off and did his little one wheel peel leaving.(After which, my friend showed him up while leaving in his mom's Maxima, LMAO:D)

I just can't belive the stupidity of some people.

Crazy Horse GT 04-11-2002 08:53 AM

bwahahaha, typical ricer:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D uuuhhmm , laying out of school josh?:D

tireburner163 04-11-2002 09:00 AM

Actully Marty I'm in first period. No skipping for me today:(

:D

95mustanggt 04-11-2002 09:02 AM

Typical Ricer responses.

Mr 5 0 04-11-2002 09:05 AM

Idiot ricer gets fried

I love it!

The perfect way to shut up a ricer or anyone else spouting automotive BS is to just ask a few simple questions, as you did.

The knowledgable will respond with the obvious answer while the fakers will sputter nonsense and get P.O'ed at being 'outed' as automotive idiots.

I've had this done to me by some very knowledgable guys that I met at a informal car gathering (mostly older Chevy big-blocks and Buick GN's) last year. They asked me a few simple questions ("What kind of gears you got in there"...What heads do most 5.0's run with"?) and with a few honest answers, I was accepted as a regular guy who at least knew the difference between a intake and a header. Nice guys.

You did good and I love the twit doing his lame little one-wheel peel and running off. Great story! Good lesson.

VorteX 04-11-2002 11:11 AM

say what?

What is a Ricer?

Crazy Horse GT 04-11-2002 11:19 AM

uuhh just watch the fast & furious, it aint the dodge charger.;)

Coupe Devil 04-11-2002 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by crazy horse gt
Bwaaaaahhhhhhhahahahahahahahaha

Do I sense sarcasim??????

Brad

StoplightWarrior 04-11-2002 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by crazy horse gt
HAHA! That is IMO the funniest thing you've ever said!

And Vortex, a ricer is anyone who has more money into appearance mods than performance ones. Look at the Fast and the Furious and check out all the rediculously designed integras, civics, etc etc. Meanwhile, the Dodge Charger looks almost stock, but runs 9's.

mustangman65_79 04-11-2002 02:07 PM

My favriote qestion is "What is torque, and how much does your car put out?"

One guy said he put out 250 TQ out of his Honda. I was like "Wow, but I was asking about your engine, not your window wiper motor!"

The Sandman 04-11-2002 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by StoplightWarrior

HAHA! That is IMO the funniest thing you've ever said!

And Vortex, a ricer is anyone who has more money into appearance mods than performance ones. Look at the Fast and the Furious and check out all the rediculously designed integras, civics, etc etc. Meanwhile, the Dodge Charger looks almost stock, but runs 9's.

That first sentence is NOT true. ALL of my money has been put into my 'bird for appearance mods. Mind you, I don't have a dual decker airplane wing, neons, fake decals/emblems, or "Light-up Fart Cannons", but some guys do want their car to look better before they start doing performance mods to it...like me.
:mad:

OnMy3rdStang 04-11-2002 03:38 PM

Yep there are only 1 out of 50 that even know what thier talking about when it comes to cars. I may not know everything there is to know about cars but I least I have the guts to admit it when I dont know what something is and I dont lie about what I have in my car or make up some BS excuse ar comment.
Ricer people are afriad of being embarassed especially in front of other ricers and they will do ANYTHING to sound intelligent. Too bad they dig the hole deeper when they shouldve grown some balls and just admit that they dont know! GGGRRRRRRrrrrr:mad:
Soory ricer people really make me mad!!!!

silver_pilate 04-11-2002 04:20 PM

Hahaha!!

That's some good stuff. "Keeping tension on the belts." Hehe...that's great.

Good job on showing this guy to be what he is, tireburner.

Sandman,

Yeah, I don't really have a problem when people spend money on appearance mods as long as they are tasteful as yours are. Of course, tasetful is in the eye of the beholder....no picnic table wings, fire extinguishers mounted on the A-pillar, and coffee can mufflers for me.

The way I feel about ricers is this: hey, if you want to spend your money on fake wings, mufflers, stickers, wheels, and what not, that's fine. It's your car. But don't try and tell me about how fast your car is now or how much you know about cars unless your car is fast and you do know about cars. Those guys that run their mouth without having a clue what they are talking about...that's my definition of ricer.

--nathan

1969Mach1 04-11-2002 07:23 PM

hahahaha.... Amazing guy, gotta love those ricers. lol
As for what a Rice Boy is then check this URL.
Good definition. lol and check out the disclamer on the bottom. Very funny aswell.
http://www.riceboypage.com/what_is_riceboy/

Take it Easy Guys,
§am.

StoplightWarrior 04-11-2002 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by The Sandman

That first sentence is NOT true. ALL of my money has been put into my 'bird for appearance mods. Mind you, I don't have a dual decker airplane wing, neons, fake decals/emblems, or "Light-up Fart Cannons", but some guys do want their car to look better before they start doing performance mods to it...like me.
:mad:

Yeah, I checked out the pic in your sig, and I would'nt consider your car rice. Like silver_pilate said, the mods you've done are tasteful. Rice is very hard to describe, sort of something one must see in order to know. Usually rice is a slow car with many appearance mods made to make it look faster than it really is. Is that a better definition? Like I said, it's hard to put rice into words.

Mr 5 0 04-11-2002 07:34 PM

Rice Boy

That disclaimer is so good that I have to post it for all to see.

Disclaimer:

The term "Rice-Boy" is meant to be a derogatory term. But not racially derogatory. Some people might say that regardless of what this disclaimer says, it makes Asians look bad. Well, I hate to break it to these people but asians are not the only people on this planet who eat rice. Everyone eats rice. White people eat rice. Black people eat rice. Native Americans? They eat rice. Europeans eat rice!! And, if you open your eyes, you might notice that a whole lot of the rice-boys out there aren't even asian! The "rice" really refers to their cars. It's not about their race, it's about their attitude!

bobtodd 04-11-2002 08:14 PM

I had a kid in town here try telling me he had a turbo on his Eagle Talon and that it ran 11's in the quarter mile. Anyhow...the car is parked in the garage with the hood open and me and my cousin check it out. There is absolutely no turbo on it. There was a huge chrome cold air intake but no turbo. What an idiot!! It had the typical rice stickers all over it. Why do people do that?? It just makes them look really stupid. We didnt say a word to him, but got a good laugh after we had left. Looking back on it, I really should have said something. Nice job tireburner163...I wished I could have been there to help you guys rub it in to him a little bit more:D

1BAD89 04-11-2002 09:15 PM

Typical Ricer....

Quote:

Meanwhile, the Dodge Charger looks almost stock, but runs 9's.
Looks almost stock eh? Ya that huge blower and the 10 point cage come stock on all 70 chargers.;) Just messin with ya. I had a kid across the street ask how much hp my SS had and I said from the factory it was rated at 320hp. He kinda looks at me dissapointed, and says "Oh....one of my friends has a 6 cylinder Firebird, and with only a chip he's pushing 700 back wheel horsepower." I just grinned.:D LMFAO.

StoplightWarrior 04-11-2002 09:42 PM

At the car show I was at last week, I got to talking to this middle aged guy with an SS. I asked if he ever had it dynoed. "Yeah," he said, "put out 380 rear wheel."
"380" I said, shocked, "What you got done to it?"

Guy says, "Just the lid, a throttle body, and some aggressive tuning."

"Wow, so you have a chip and dynotune done then?" I asked.

"No, no chip," he says, "These things come real aggressive from the factory."

WTF?!?!? These people know NOTHING about cars.

Another guy there had an LT1 with an exhaust and a Hypertech power programmer. He was telling people he made 400rwhp!! Funny that I raced him and won?? I guess I must be well over 400 then... ;)

tireburner163 04-11-2002 09:59 PM

Re: Typical Ricer....

Quote:

Originally posted by 1BAD89
"Oh....one of my friends has a 6 cylinder Firebird, and with only a chip he's pushing 700 back wheel horsepower."B] [/COLOR]
]
OMG!!!! That's all my car need all this time, just a chip:eek: And all you MORONS were tellin me to get a 5.0 when all I needed was a chip to make 500 rwhp in my 2.3. You guy don't know JACK about cars:rolleyes:

:D :D :D