MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Blue Oval Lounge (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   I Got A Stang!! (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=21697)

bobtodd 04-03-2002 12:36 PM

I Got A Stang!!

I've been looking for awhile and I finally came across a stang I couldn' pass up. It's a white 91 LX with a lot of goodies. The guy gave me a list of all that is in the motor(dont have the list here with me), but I do know the car hauls ***....at least compared to my old Stang. He said he had it running 12.5 at the drag strip. From what I remember off the list it's got the following: Ported and polished 289 heads, Cobra 1.6 roller rockers, Keith Black 10.5:1 pistons, I cant remember what type of pushrods and springs, MSD ignition and coil, electric fan, 24lb injectors with matching mass air, 75mm Edlebrock throttle body, Cobra upper and lower intake, 5 speed out of a 95 cobra with motorsport clutch and some other things, aluminum driveshaft with loops, Richmond 4:10 gears, 6 point roll cage, monster tach, JBA long tube headers, two chamber flowmasters, 95 cobra rims with the cobra disc brake conversion, . I'll put everything in a new signature when I have the list. This car is fast! I just picked it up yesterday(it was raining) and I didnt get a chance to really get on it. I am getting insurance put on it tomorrow, so I'll kind of wait to try really seeing what its got. I got this car for $5,850. The body is in really good shape. No rust, although it could use a paint job. I'll put pic's up soon. I am sooo pumped about it I thought I should write and let everyone know:) I finally have a stang to cruise this summer!!

89LXFLEA 04-03-2002 12:42 PM

CONGRATS! THAT THING SOUNDS
LIKE A MONSTER. CAN'T WAIT
TO SEE PICS.

FLEA

Crazy Horse GT 04-03-2002 01:56 PM

good for you im alway's happy when someone get's a hoss they like, happy motoring,hehe;) :D

joe4speed 04-03-2002 01:58 PM

Woohooo! Sounds like fun! Have a blast!

blue00gt 04-03-2002 02:08 PM

Congratulations on acquiring your new stang! Take that baby to the track and see if you can hit 12.5 like the previous owner told you...

bobtodd 04-03-2002 08:07 PM

I'd like to take it to the track this summer. We have one about an hour and fifteen minutes from where I live. I've never raced at a track. I'd be nervous but I'm sure it would be fun. I took it out and drove it around the block a couple of times. I'm waiting to get home tomorrow and get insurance put on it(I'm down at my girlfriends). I got on it and it pulls really hard at the top of second breaking the tires loose. I couldnt keep the smile off my face:D And the sound...oooh yeah. I love it!!

Topless In Texas 04-04-2002 12:47 AM

TOO COOL!

~~~~ CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW AQUISITION!!!!~~~~
I would be soooooo pumped!!!!!!!!! Hope its all you expect...keep us posted and post pics when you get it!!!!

Topless :)

bobtodd 04-04-2002 07:09 PM

I'll try and get pics up tomorrow.