MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Windsor Power (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Starters (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=44098)

Bo408 09-02-2004 02:52 PM

Starters

Starters
Does one that's coming loose
Cause a car to cut out twice?:( :(

Hethj7 09-02-2004 06:07 PM

I don't think a starter would have anything to do with a car cutting out. Once the startere starts the car, its job is done.

Bo408 09-02-2004 06:21 PM

Re: Starters

Quote:

Originally posted by Bo408
Starters
Cause a car to cut out twice?:( :(

Does sitting cause it?

Hethj7 09-02-2004 06:23 PM

Re: Re: Starters

Quote:

Originally posted by Bo408
Does sitting cause it?
I am not sure what you mean. Also, you will get a better response on this thread if you post it in the tech forums. I don't know what vehicle you drive, but if it is a 5.0, post this in the windsor power forum.

Bo408 09-02-2004 06:39 PM

Re: Re: Re: Starters

Quote:

Originally posted by Hethj7
I am not sure what you mean. Also, you will get a better response on this thread if you post it in the tech forums. I don't know what vehicle you drive, but if it is a 5.0, post this in the windsor power forum.
Starters
Cause a car to cut out twice?
It cut out twice on May 30th
It came off or died on June 17th I think
What does that sound like?

Ieatcamaros 09-02-2004 08:55 PM

You need to elaborate more here. And you will get better results in the windsor power forum like Hethj7 said.

So your starter is loose? Get a wrench and tighten it up. Sorry if I come off as a smart ass, but what else is there to do in a situation like that? As far as "cutting out" and "died" what do you mean. If you are driving a 5.0 mustang and it was cutting out while you were driving, it is probably the ignition module. If it is like jerking and such, it is most likely ignition related. OF course, if could still be a fuel issue too. But do the basics, check for fire and fuel and post the results. We can help you but you have to help us help you first. Know what I mean?

Hethj7 09-03-2004 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ieatcamaros
You need to elaborate more here. And you will get better results in the windsor power forum like Hethj7 said.

So your starter is loose? Get a wrench and tighten it up. Sorry if I come off as a smart ass, but what else is there to do in a situation like that? As far as "cutting out" and "died" what do you mean. If you are driving a 5.0 mustang and it was cutting out while you were driving, it is probably the ignition module. If it is like jerking and such, it is most likely ignition related. OF course, if could still be a fuel issue too. But do the basics, check for fire and fuel and post the results. We can help you but you have to help us help you first. Know what I mean?

He sums it up well there. Like I said before, the starter will have nothing to do with the car once it is started. You're surging/stalling problem has nothing to do with the starter.

Give us some more info and we'll see if we can help you.

Hethj7 09-03-2004 12:24 AM

Oh, and let us know what kind of car you are driving. Give us year, and modifications, etc.

Bo408 09-03-2004 01:30 AM

Quote:

He sums it up well there. Like I said before, the starter will have nothing to do with the car once it is started. You're surging/stalling problem has nothing to do with the starter.

Give us some more info and we'll see if we can help you.

Why would it cut out twice 3 weeks before
The starter went??????????:(:(

Bo408 09-03-2004 01:33 AM

Quote:

Oh, and let us know what kind of car you are driving. Give us year, and modifications, etc.
I don't drive
And he won't let me do anything to it:( :( :( :( :( :(