MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Blue Oval Lounge (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Super cars and Fast and the Furious (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=18750)

#1 Pony 01-25-2002 12:50 AM

Super cars and Fast and the Furious

Ok, I've got three questions:

1) Why is it when people tend to get their cars fast (like 6 sec or higher) they always end up selling them right after?
Is like (the car is not fun anymore) it's too fast and too
non practical?

2) The scene in Fast and the Furious- you think they would have let domestic cars in at Race Wars? I don't know....

3) At the very very end of F&F, in Baja, Mexico- what was Dom driving? That red car with black stripes?

Old Guy with 87 GT 01-25-2002 01:06 AM

#1......not sure ..??? sell it before it breaks
#2......probly .......not all ricers are against muscle cars
#3......a chevelle

my nagging question about that movie was ......in the beginning during the firste race ......what the h*ll was that metal plate that broke off of dudes eclips for ......escape hatch for the passenger

97snakedriver 01-25-2002 01:56 AM

You just don't get it. His car was so phat that the floor board couldn't stand the Xtreme horsepower. If you had a Motech exaust and some Naws on your Spoon motor you'd understand. ;)

mustangdani55 01-25-2002 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by 97snakedriver
You just don't get it. His car was so phat that the floor board couldn't stand the Xtreme horsepower. If you had a Motech exaust and some Naws on your Spoon motor you'd understand. ;)

RIGHT ON!!!!!:D

1BAD89 01-25-2002 02:22 PM

Quote:

1) Why is it when people tend to get their cars fast (like 6 sec or higher) they always end up selling them right after?
6 seconds or higher? Please tell me your not implying that people have practical 6 second street cars. There aren't many if any street driven cars that run 6's, maybe not even 7's. 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 second cars cost alot of money to maintain, and ALOT of money to build, and people probaly get tired of spending so much money.

95mustanggt 01-25-2002 02:58 PM

Favorite thing about Fast and the Furious: They admitted that over $100,000 went in to the RX-7 that one guy drove.

Worst thing about Fast and the Furious: Every one and there dog was driving a streetable 10 second car. It's like "hey man can I borrow your 10 second car?" or "Hey we need some milk, go get some in your 10 second car" or "Hey Jim sucks 'cause he only has an 11 second car". WTF? a 10 second car is insane fast!! Shows how ricers think evey car is a 10 second car. Well then my 10 sec 95 GT (near stock) is going to kick some 10 sec civic arse!

#1 Pony 01-25-2002 04:25 PM

To 1BAD89:
No, I was not implying that people have practical
6 sec street cars... I was asking because it's not p
practical that's why they sell them.
I know they cost a fortune to keep up.

Yeah, I was wondering too about the metal plate.
What the h... then Dom jumped in the car right after that, and I was like... "I know the floor is missing, that must be uncomfortable to ride in."

Yeah it did seem like everybody had a 10 sec car
and if you were 11's that's SLOW....
I still wonder why they put the Lightning in there.. it was the only fast ford in the movie. They could have used
an import truck... since that's what everything else was besides the Charger and Chevelle.

OnMy3rdStang 01-25-2002 05:30 PM

1. Hmmmm...Maybe the sell them cause there not street legal anymore????
2. I would think so
3. a chevelle
That movie definately was influenced and made espically for Import ricers!

1969Mach1 01-26-2002 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by old guy with 87 gt
what the h*ll was that metal plate that broke off of dudes eclips for ......escape hatch for the passenger
I was wondering the same thing, and why when he picked up Dominick he didn't have no probably sitting down with no floor board undernieth of him. Stupid movie so much **** didn't make sense.

1BAD89 01-29-2002 12:54 AM

Quote:

To 1BAD89: No, I was not implying that people have practical 6 sec street cars... I was asking because it's not practical that's why they sell them. I know they cost a fortune to keep up.
Your still acting like there are 6 second street cars.:rolleyes: