MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums

MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums (http://forums.mustangworks.com/index.php)
-   Blue Oval Lounge (http://forums.mustangworks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Did I do the right thing???? Help! Kinda long (http://forums.mustangworks.com/showthread.php?t=25494)

OnMy3rdStang 06-25-2002 09:16 PM

Did I do the right thing???? Help! Kinda long

OK here is my situation. I work at a Dog and Cat boarding facility complete with grooming and training. One of the trainers is overly aggressive toward the dogs he trains. What I mean by that is he is very abusive!!! Before I started there I heard form another employee that he got mad at a little dashound, yanked the dog up by the leash and began to strangle it!!!! The manager caught him but only told him to calm down.

Recently I have observed hiw he treats his clients' dogs. For one he keeps them cooped up and tiny kennels with no water and he doesnt let them out to go potty. The dogs can be there form 7am to 5 pm!!!!
Also two days ago a groomer witnessed Jeff (the trainer) abusing a german shephard by slamming the dogs head in between a door!!!! She told the manager but nothing came of it.

Jeff IS a good traner as long as the dogs he's working with don't make him mad. He also brings in alot of money which is one reason why I think he hasnt been fired.
This guy is so cicoky and rude!!!!
Well today I went to the human society and complained about him and come to find out the officer told me he's had alot of other complaints against him!!!!
I remained anonymous the whole time. I just dont want to see these dogs being abused like that!!!! Did I make the right decision telling somebody about all this??? I think I did.
I feel so bad for all the people that are having their dogs traied by Jeff!. I wouldnt want my dog abused like that I'm sure none of you would either!

Sorry I had to get this out!!!

digital3.3 06-25-2002 09:23 PM

you might want to approach him and tell him you ain't impressed with the lame way he is treating these animals. and maybe ask him how he would like his head bashed with a door if he pissed someone off. this guy doesn't deserve to work with animals and should be taken out back a beaten himself. i hate people like that, if he ever hit my dog i'd break his nose.:mad:. all i can say is too ask the animal cruelity society why they haven't done anything cause they are ain't doing there job and/or talk to the guy himself. good luck with this situation

lysacat 06-25-2002 09:25 PM

I would say you absolutely did the right thing. I wouldn't want my dogs treated that way. There are better methods of training a dog than being mean to it. Besides a dog that is treated that way could decide to attack the owner if the owner goes to discipline the animal. That would not be good. It's good that you had the courage to report him. I hope the humane society does something about it. C-ya, Melisa

PKRWUD 06-25-2002 09:29 PM

I probably would have beat the crap out of him, but I'm a 6', 220 pound man, and I don't put up with that kind of schit. Had I been in your shoes, i would have done the exact same thing.

You done good!

:)

Take care,
-Chris

gt lee 06-25-2002 09:37 PM

What Chris said. Man that sucks. He does not belong around animals. If he was that good he wouldn't have to go to such extreme tatics. I think you did the right thing. I would not be able to be around someone miss treating and animal like that. You go girl. Odie

rbatson 06-25-2002 09:56 PM

Actually, you have to be very firm with dogs to train them. People always say my dogs are well behaved, I use my belt to train them. If they are misbehaving all I have to say is, I'm going to get my belt.. works like a charm. Come to think of it, that's how I was trained too(hmm..). You don't have to abuse them, just teach them right from wrong. What you are witnessing is straight out abuse, banging the dogs head in the door?!?! Strangling a dog?!?! No water?!?! :mad: That makes me irrate!! He should get some of what he is dishing out!

If it was my dog, I would surely appreciate someone telling me..... it would probably cost you your job but...

I hope reporting him does the trick.

digital3.3 06-25-2002 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by rbatson
Actually, you have to be very firm with dogs to train them. People always say my dogs are well behaved, I use my belt to train them. If they are misbehaving all I have to say is, I'm going to get my belt.. works like a charm. Come to think of it, that's how I was trained too(hmm..). You don't have to abuse them, just teach them right from wrong. What you are witnessing is straight out abuse, banging the dogs head in the door?!?! Strangling a dog?!?! No water?!?! :mad: That makes me irrate!! He should get some of what he is dishing out!

If it was my dog, I would surely appreciate someone telling me..... it would probably cost you your job but...

I hope reporting him does the trick.

yeah your right you have be firm with them. if i was a little bastard my parents smacked me too (not abused there is a difference). and yeah that is abuse what that guy is doing.

srv1 06-25-2002 10:20 PM

MAD AS HELL!

HALEY, i personally think he is a scumbag and he needs an asz whoopin!!! what kind of scumbag beats an animal? i dont blame you for what you did. this is what i do. borrow a video camera and tape him and get him arrested! no excuse to be mean to animals!!:mad:

PKRWUD 06-25-2002 10:23 PM

Re: MAD AS HELL!

Quote:

Originally posted by srv1
no excuse to be mean to animals!!:mad:
I agree 100%!

Take care,
-Chris

Mr 5 0 06-25-2002 10:32 PM

Training the trainer

OnMy3rdStang:

Of course you did the right thing in reporting the trainer.

My father was a dog obedience trainer for many years and he trained many dogs of various types and intelligence very successfully.

Firmness is necessary but not hitting or abuse. If you have to resort to physical punishment, you've failed.

I won't go into the whole philosophy of obedience training for dogs here but it's mostly based on firm commands, repetition and rewards of attention and praise for the animal, which they crave.

Not every dog is a good candidate for obedience training but most can be trained to obey basic commands if you put in the time and do it correctly.

Anyway, you did the right thing and I hope this 'trainer' is soon given the boot as he's obviously not suited to his work. Slamming a dogs head in a door is grounds for dismissal and your boss is doing the animals in his charge a disservice. No wonder you're upset.

Hope this works out.

Unit 5302 06-25-2002 10:49 PM

I don't like dogs, but I firmly believe those who choose the have the things should treat them well. Beating an animal is ridiculous. No reason to slam a dogs head in the door for cryin out loud.

He needs to have charges filed against him. Unfortunately, puts you in a bad spot. If you go to the police and file charges, word will get out, and the business will really suffer. The fact that he's still there just tells me the Humane Society doesn't do much.

rbatson 06-25-2002 11:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a pic of my dogs, they are brother and sister. Look alot different, huh? Couple of mutts:). I actually gave the tan one to my brother, I'm watching him tonight while he is out of town. The black on is my baby, Sugar Bear. She looked just like a little bear when I got her. Time for her summer hair cut(hair all over the place).

rbatson 06-25-2002 11:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is another.. :)

rbatson 06-25-2002 11:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I just realized Kody wasn't smiling for me in those pics, here is one of him smiling:)

joe4speed 06-25-2002 11:13 PM

You absolutely did the right thing. Nothing pisses me off more than someone beating an animal. What an idiot, he should NEVER work with any kind of animal again, and needs to be fired. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Crazy Horse GT 06-25-2002 11:27 PM

yes, you did the right thing, what an azzhole, if he did that to my dog's, uh i mean dog, had to get rid of my rott:( , & odie's mini poodle, but i would kick his a--:mad: :mad: , good job lady!:)

PKRWUD 06-26-2002 12:41 AM

Hey Rick...
pssst, your girlfriends are DOGS!!!

;)

Take care,
-Chris

OnMy3rdStang 06-26-2002 01:15 AM

I was torn between what to do I dont wanna lose my job and I dont want to see anymore animals being abused. However Id rather lose my job than to have dogs be abused.

I know that you must be firm when training a dog and I have no problem with that even a slap or two is ok but strangling and all of that is downright wrong.

Even if i was to get fired I can always sue and no doubt about it Id win.

If i ever see him do something like that personally Id beat the ever living S*** out of him.....well at least I'd try :p

PKRWUD 06-26-2002 01:28 AM

I'll bet you would! How old are you?

mustangII460 06-26-2002 01:53 AM

Butt stock to the head.

Army training comes in handy.