MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-06-2001, 03:29 PM   #1
TurboV6
Registered Member

Cool Private test and tune session at Darlington Dragway in SC

I am organizing a private test and tune session @ Darlington Dragway on Friday Feb 23rd. Darlington is a great 1/4 mile facility that will be professionally prepared with traction compound for our use. If you have been to Darlington in the past, you know they do the best track prep around and traction is never a problem. Race Fuel pumps will be open for anyone that wants to purchase a little extra octane. Gates will open up at 11:00 and the track will be ours from 12-5. I am limiting this to 35 Cars so that each car will be able to make as many runs as they want. We have done this in the past and it is the best way to get in some serious runs and really tune your car. This is also a great chance to run your car to get 1/4 miles times, practice launch techniques, reaction times, or for beginners to get the feel for the track without any pressure. There will be some experienced racers there and plenty of 13, 12 and even some 11 second cars. The Cost is $35 per Car and will have to be paid will be paid in advance. While I hope for good weather, a full refund if it rains and you cannot attend the date we reschedule.

Darlington International Dragway is located 6 miles west of Darlington, SC on Hwy 151
From Charlotte, NC take Hwy 74 to Hwy 601 to Hwy 151 From Columbia, SC take I-20 to Hwy 15 to Hwy 151
From Florence, SC take Hwy 52 to Hwy 151
From Society Hill, SC take Hwy 15 to Hwy 151

Contact - Steve Sullivan 704-588-8240 or email Sully@carolina.rr.com for more information or to sign up. Spectators and crew welcome at no charge.
TurboV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2001, 12:09 AM   #2
bigwhitecobra
Huh? Whatcha said?

Well count me in!! I would be more than willing to help organize this if you need a few extra cars or whatever. You can email me at bigwhitebunny@yahoo.com.

------------------
1989 GT- Vortech blown 306, Anderson 3" power pipe, Vortech S-Trim 14# boost, MSD-6BTM, black wrinkle finish Cobra valve covers(woohoo), world class T-5, 3.55 gears, custom sub-frame connectors, Cobra grille insert and rear valance, Saleen "whale" wing, 4 wheel disc conversion, 11.1@124
1994 Cobra- MAC cold air fender kit, Motorsport underdrive pulley's, MAC 21/2" off-road H pipe, SVO mufflers, 3.73 gears, E-303 cam, 13.417@101.335mph
bigwhitecobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2001, 11:30 PM   #3
rbatson

Umm.. I suppose you will have to have a roll cage?? (doesn't hurt to ask..)
Old 02-12-2001, 11:19 PM   #4
TheChef_91GT
Registered Member

Hey. Seeing as I only live about 15 minutes from the track, I might have to come on out. I'll have to see if I can sneak outta work. I just got the car back on the road with the new TKO, clutch, etc. and upped the boost a little. I'd love to see what it will do now.
TheChef_91GT is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: