MustangWorks.com - The Ford Mustang Power Source!

Go Back   MustangWorks.com : Ford Forums > Website Community > Blue Oval Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Old 11-18-2004, 09:32 AM   #1
KiltedBanshees93GT
Registered Member

Default Product Anti-endorsement

Just wanted to let everyone know about a crappy product I have just expierenced.
A while after we moved up here I was looking at fog lights/headlight replacement bulbs due to the fog here. Not 6 months ago, I would say.
I ended up setteling on a set of xenon-quartz "Cyber White" bulbs by Navigator.
Well I swapped them out, keeping the stock bulbs as backup. (backup goood)
Maybe a month ago, the driver side died, so I replaced it with the stocker. I figured maybe it got wet, oil on it etc.
On the way home today, I noticed that the pass side is out now too. These POS's didnt last a full 6 mos. Beware. BTW, when I replaced with the stocker, side by side there was no real diff in the beam intensity.

At the time I didn't want to shell out the 30some odd bucks for the high end, and now I guess I'm payng

Can anyone recommend good hlight bulbs for foggy conditions? Maybe I should start pricing fog lights again, since mine are screwed anyway.

J
Rice Haters Club Member #239

"I find your lack of faith...disturbing."

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." H. L. Mencken
KiltedBanshees93GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 12:12 AM   #2
Capri306

Default Re: Product Anti-endorsement

I've used SilverStar headlamps without incident, but after a while i just wanted to fit in with traffic instead of sticking out like a sore thumb (the Mustang is already CANARY YELLOW!). They are definitely brighter, but that mostly depends on how clear your lenses are on the headlight assemblies. The stock diffuser lenses really cut down on the amount of light, so if you want to have it REALLY bright, I would get aftermarket assemblies with clear lenses.

However, if you want MHO, I think you'd be best off to get a top-quality set of fog lamp replacements. Pilot and PIAA make some kick products (not counting their el-cheapo lines). Just make sure you get lamps made for FOG and not the regular driving lights, as they have different patterns.

We have a similar problem with fog here in Grand Rapids. Living so close to the lake makes it a problem, along with the river and smaller lakes around the area. I have to get a decent set for my little Accord soon, too! Thanks for the reminder, btw.

1979 Mercury Capri
1987 5.0L Mustang LX Notchback
1993 5.8L Eddie Bauer Bronco
Capri306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 02:52 PM   #3
aar0s
Registered Member

another vote for the silverstars! My girlfriend bought me a set for my birthday back in April and i love them nice bright pure white light, not that crap that the ricers use.
aar0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 02:29 AM   #4
KiltedBanshees93GT
Registered Member

Thanks for the info folks,I will check them out. Sadly enough, that day, I had planned to swap the stock bulb back in before I went to work that night. Of course,*enter Murphys Law*, the G/F got off work late (after dark) and got popped driving home for the light. $70 buck ticket

J
Rice Haters Club Member #239

"I find your lack of faith...disturbing."

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." H. L. Mencken
KiltedBanshees93GT is offline   Reply With Quote